Thread: Official: Arkansas officers shoot cuffed man in patrol car

Official: Arkansas officers shoot cuffed man in patrol car

CABOT, Ark. (AP) — A handcuffed parolee who had been frisked opened fire on law enforcement officers from the back of a patrol car, according to an Arkansas Corrections official, provoking a return of gunfire that left the man dead.

It was not clear if he was carrying a gun when he was cuffed, and the corrections official said officers had not found a gun on him. The Arkansas State Police is investigating the shooting.

Corrections and Lonoke County sheriff's officers had been looking for an unrelated suspect Tuesday night in Cabot, which is about 25 miles northeast of Little Rock, when they searched Jonathan McIntosh at a home and discovered he was in possession of a white powder, said Dina Tyler, deputy director of the Arkansas Department of Community Correction. ADCC officers were assisting because the original suspect had outstanding warrants.

Authorities didn't find a gun on McIntosh, who was on parole for a firearm possession conviction, Tyler said.

The officers cuffed the 35-year-old man's hands behind him and put him in the back of the sheriff's department patrol car, she said. McIntosh somehow got his cuffed hands in front of him and when two ADCC officers returned to the vehicle for follow-up questions, he started shooting at them with a subcompact pistol, Tyler said.

Tyler said she did not know the make and model of the weapon, but that it was not an ADDC firearm. State police spokesman Bill Sadler declined to comment on the provenance of the weapon. The sheriff's office declined to comment.

The two officers and one sheriff's department employee returned fire.

Neighbor Melissa Minchue was watching the movie "American Sniper" with her family and first thought the gunshots were part of the film.

"Right off the bat there were at least three shots and then seconds later — just long enough to register that it wasn't fireworks— there were six to eight shots, maybe more," Minchue said.

Terri Gately, the ex-wife of the man who owned the home, said she was next door when she heard shots. She said Sheriff John Staley, who spoke with her and others at the home afterward, fired at the suspect from the yard of the home next door where she was.

After the shooting, "(Sheriff) Staley yelled out 'Who didn't check him?'" Gately said.

An office spokesman declined to comment on the sheriff's involvement.

McIntosh, who was shot multiple times, died at a hospital, Tyler said. No officers were injured.

Gately said neither McIntosh nor the man named in the warrant lived at the home, and that McIntosh was there to purchase a four-wheeler. The house sits in a residential area off the main street, a few blocks from both Cabot High School and an elementary school. Shattered vehicle glass still littered the driveway Wednesday of the one-story house decorated with wagon wheels.

McIntosh was set to finish parole on July 2 and had caused little trouble for law enforcement while in the corrections system, Tyler said. He was employed and had no disciplinary action in prison or since his parole in September 2014. He wasn't allowed to possess firearms due to previous convictions including drug possession and theft by receiving.

The ADCC officers have been placed on administrative duties while state police investigate the shooting.
    http://news.yahoo.com/official-arkan...154847267.html

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    people in handcuffs are the most dangerous. Just common sense.

I'm sorry but nobody in handcuffs would open fire on police even if this was possible. This is the biggest load of bull$#@! ever and I cannot fathom anyone buyin it

And if it actually somehow happened the officers are morons
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Are they sure he didn't commit suicide?
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotin View Post
    I'm sorry but nobody in handcuffs would open fire on police even if this was possible. This is the biggest load of bull$#@! ever and I cannot fathom anyone buyin it

Those are the only two possibilities. Either the officers are literally, dictionary-definition morons, or they're liars and murderers.

And everyone else on that force, every other officer who is not tarring and feathering the ones responsible, are likewise either dictionary-definition morons, or liars and accessories to murder.

There is no counter argument to this. All police fall into one of those two categories. This is unanswerable.

All. Every one of them.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

This, what, about ten times now this has supposedly occured?

"IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

The one star copsucker strikes again.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    And here, all along, I thought it was just me they hated.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    And here, all along, I thought it was just me they hated.

Yeah, nobody hates on Suzanimal

Yeah, nobody hates on Suzanimal
    Honestly...who could hate on Suz?

Quote Originally Posted by Kotin View Post

Oh c'mon, you know damn well a whole bunch of people will buy it. Hook, line and sinker. We have some right here on the forum.
    "The Patriarch"

Voted, but it's still at 4, for now.
    "The Patriarch"

I guess now that's two people who I have to consistently check here for threads from, and rate them the 5 stars they deserve. Perhaps our one-starring mystery copsucker wasn't having much success with AF, and tried to move on to what they thought might be an easier target?
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

Quote Originally Posted by invisible View Post
    I guess now that's two people who I have to consistently check here for threads from, and rate them the 5 stars they deserve. Perhaps our one-starring mystery copsucker wasn't having much success with AF, and tried to move on to what they thought might be an easier target?
    They tagged somebody else as well, I wish I could recall who it was, it was a perfectly valid police abuse story that was "one starred".

It's bugging somebody, or a group of somebodies.

Good thread, 5 stars for me.
    On Trump:
    How conservative Republicans can continue to support this arrogant imposter—the man who brags about inflicting the world with the Covid mark of the beast; the man who said, “Take the guns first, go through due process second”; and the man who deliberately played and then set up Stewart Rhodes (of course, Stewart was all too eager to be Trump’s patsy) for an 18-year prison sentence—is truly beyond my comprehension.” Chuck Baldwin

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They tagged somebody else as well, I wish I could recall who it was, it was a perfectly valid police abuse story that was "one starred".

Well, all these stories of police abuse are just diverting us away from the real problem and making the liberty movement look bad.
    "The Patriarch"

No officers were injured.
    Phew. For a second there, I thought a guy with a gun and the surprise jump probably was able to at least injure one of them, but I'm glad he missed all of his shots and the officers are OK.

It's either a miracle, or the result of these brave Officer's high degree of professionalism and superb training.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by invisible View Post
    Suz and AF post really good threads too.

GOOD!

And we know this wasn't "suicide by cop" because the traditional way of killing yourself while handcuffed in police custody is to shoot yourself in the back of the head. (or sometimes, in the back)
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by Cap View Post
    Good thread, 5 stars for me.
    I rated it 4 stars. It's a good thread, but not great.
    - Kim Kardashian

Suz and AF post really good threads too.
    Which is exactly why I've felt it worth the effort to counter the one-starring mystery copsucker, ever since first becoming aware of their existence. I'll always back both of these grade-A members to the hilt, anytime, with no hesitation whatsoever. There are simply some members here who have proven themselves, over the course of years, to be virtually beyond reproach. If RPF ever had a Hall Of Fame, there is no doubt that AF and Suz would be among the very first inducted.
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)