Thread: Memorial Day Break Is an Ace Up McConnell’s Sleeve

Jan2017

Memorial Day Break Is an Ace Up McConnell’s Sleeve

Memorial Day Break Is an Ace Up McConnell's Sleeve
    http://www.nytimes.com/politics/firs...ire/#post-mb-4

As Congress gropes for an end game on major legislation this week, Mr. McConnell, the majority leader, knows one thing for certain -
    the clock ticking toward Memorial Day is his friend.
    . . .
    The state of legislation to rein in the National Security Agency’s mass surveillance program remains the big question mark,
    with both parties uncertain they can muster the votes for either an extension of the current program or a House-passed
    overhaul of the N.S.A. favored by Democrats and the White House.

In preparing to take over the Senate, Mr. McConnell was candid in an interview that his approach would to
    use the floor to try to wear down senators during the week and force an outcome when everyone is ready to leave town.

The Senate is at its best as a body when amendments kind of go away because people are tired,” he said.
    The next few days will show whether senators are ready for vacation or ready to stick around and fight it out.

I am trying to confirm that McConnell really said that
    - we may as well have Harry Reid leading the Senate still if that is what the GOP-led Senate does too.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What great system.

Congress functions worse than the DMV and SSA

My uncle is a die hard Rep, he was all fired up at election about getting the Repubs a majority, how everything was going to be so great, I don't bash, he is my uncle, but I do throw little jabs at him here and there, it is amazing how he just won't see it no matter, he still refuses to believe Reagan ever raised taxes or piled up massive debt.

Fuke Kentucky for continuing to send that diabolical Democrat back to the Congress. Same with Ohio for making the world suffer with Boehner. Can't we just dump Kentucky and Ohio... send McConnell and Boehner on the next mission to Uranus, along with McCain, Reid, Pelosi and Graham? God, can you please imagine a peaceful world without those mafia in it? Kentucky did give us Rand Paul, so maybe allow half the state to remain in existence.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post

Memorial Day Break Is an Ace Up McConnell's Sleeve
    http://www.nytimes.com/politics/firs...ire/#post-mb-4

I am trying to confirm that McConnell really said that
    - we may as well have Harry Reid leading the Senate still if that is what the GOP-led Senate does too.
    So. How'd that work out for him?

not a Dem or Rep issue; I would rather have a Ron Wyden or Russ Feingold than a McCain, Graham, or Peter King.