Thread: Would you rather have Vito Andolini Corleone protect you or the Police

Would you rather have Vito Andolini Corleone protect you or the Police

Would you rather have or would you have more faith in Don Corleone or the Police?
    Last edited by Schifference; 05-21-2015 at 06:22 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    Would you rather have or would you have more faith in Don Corleone or the Police?
    I would not willingly choose either. Nor do I see much difference. The bigger gang just beat the smaller gang and proclaimed themselves the good guys.
    "The Patriarch"

Vito Corleone is a fictional character. The only difference between Vito and Andy Taylor is that most people recognize that Vito actually is fictional.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

What makes you think either protect you.?

Have you bought into the Protection racket mentality?
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

What a dumb-ass thread.
    On Trump:
    How conservative Republicans can continue to support this arrogant imposter—the man who brags about inflicting the world with the Covid mark of the beast; the man who said, “Take the guns first, go through due process second”; and the man who deliberately played and then set up Stewart Rhodes (of course, Stewart was all too eager to be Trump’s patsy) for an 18-year prison sentence—is truly beyond my comprehension.” Chuck Baldwin

Tough crowd.
    "The Patriarch"

Bonnie and Clyde is my choice.

My personal libertarian motto: "Leave me alone."

I choose neither. I can take care of myself.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Okay. Hells Angels or the cops?

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    Bonnie and Clyde is my choice.
    Have met some of Dillinger's family.. seems like nice folks..

as long as you weren't trying to lock him up.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    Okay. Hells Angels or the cops?
    Well,, the Angels have been actually protective.. (in my experience)

But they are more of a private Security than police. They just put an end to trouble rather than trying to control people.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Would there still be a phone number I could call, if a burglar was about to shoot me in my own home?
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Well ... at least Vito might not shoot my dog. (My horse, on the other hand ...)
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Law Enforcement Officers (police) don't have "protection" as any part of their job description duties.