Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Baby Dies After Police Detain Doctor Rushing to Hospital to Save the Child’s Life

I don' care what credentials you have! You are still a citizen and subordinate to me and my badge!

Get back in your vehicle and stop resisting!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wonder what the parents are thinking...

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Honors for 4 Pediatric Heroes

Dr Bhagwan Das Bang received the Pediatric Hero Award at The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) National Conference & Exhibition (NCE) in Washington, DC today (October 20, 2009).
    Dr Bang grew up in a small town in India where he watched children suffer because of lack of preventive medicine. This inspired him to pursue a career as a pediatrician. He graduated from Osmania University in 1986 as an Indian Council of Medical Research Scholar. He was chosen as best graduating pediatrician from Niloufer Hospital, Hyderabad—the largest hospital in southern India.

Before immigrating to the United States, Dr Bang practiced in the neonatal ICU at Al Yamamah Hospital in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, for 5 years. On completion of his residency and chief residency at Kansas University Medical Center, Kansas City, he began practicing in rural southern Alabama, where he continues to provide care for underprivileged children as a solo pediatrician. Although he initially came to this underserved area to fulfill his immigration requirement, he became attached to the community and his patients—so much so that he decided to stay despite his dream of joining a teaching hospital.
    I bet you he is a lot less attached now. Any other rural community would be knocking this guy's door down to have him at their hospital. Best of luck to him.

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

Pediatrician distraught over guilty judgement

Ironically, Amjad had the same thing happen to him while living in the Midwest. He said he was stopped at 3 a.m. while responding to an emergency call. He was ticketed, and the judge who found him guilty told him he was tired of doctors “getting away with things.”

Several months later, the policeman who gave him a ticket had an emergency with his own child.

“I recognized him,” he said. “I didn’t say anything. After the child was OK, I said to him, ‘I do recognize you. Aren’t you glad I sped to get here?’ ”
    Cops are cops everywhere. Nothing isolated about this incident.

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

Quote Originally Posted by tobismom View Post
    Actually, I am probably needs-blind because we have about 15 attended hospitals within 50 miles from my house. Two of them are teaching hospitals. Probably two dozen more walk-in urgent care clinics. If I left my house this minute, I could be walking into the ER of four good hospitals in 15 minutes or less. I know that's not the case in many parts of the region. People are life-flighted here from Kentucky and Alabama if they need level 1 trauma care. I live in a medical Mecca, and that's no joke.

I'm just not seeing why the police didn't know who the doctor was and that he had an emergency protocol established by local authorities.
    I believe the officer knew.

He was merely butthurt that the pediatrician was on his way to meaningful work for the betterment of the community, not tax collecting for the state.

One Star stalker strikes again.

Quote Originally Posted by Intoxiklown View Post
    I'm ashamed that my knowledge of my home area helps people piece together a story that is so disgusting it attracted your attention, AF.

=(
    Pfft, don't feel like the lone ranger. It's everywhere.
    "The Patriarch"

How is it called “justice” when a doctor, who is attempting to save the life of a dying baby, is stopped by police for traffic infractions and held, even after the doctor has explained the delicacy and nuance of the emergency situation?
    "Nuance"? What nuance? It's the law. There is a law against speeding, and it exists for a reason; to save lives.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by puppetmaster View Post
    Everyone should be allowed to speed.
    No, only Police Officers should be allowed to speed, because many times a life depends on it.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by Kotin View Post
    Those officers should be charged with manslaughter at least but murder seems more appropriate to drive the point home. $#@! our police state
    Agreed, but you should be saying something more intelligent, like, "lawful and peaceful revolution NOW'.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Northbreather View Post
    I don' care what credentials you have! You are still a citizen and subordinate to me and my badge!

Get back in your vehicle and stop resisting!
    What is with the uniform sarcasm in posting? I mean did you all go to the same school? How is this supposed to be functional?

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher A. Brown View Post
    What is with the uniform sarcasm in posting? I mean did you all go to the same school? How is this supposed to be functional?
    Use your imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by bxm042 View Post
    "Nuance"? What nuance? It's the law. There is a law against speeding, and it exists for a reason; to save lives.

Well said, I'm glad the cop was there to help save lives and keep the town safe.

And the Cop was only doing his job, even if it meant sacrificing a baby's life to prove he's in charge, the cop had a job to do.

Quote Originally Posted by tobismom View Post
    If he's the only attending physician at the hospital, could he not move a little closer to the hospital? If he's really concerned about babies dying, it seems like he would live near the hospital.

Hmmm...Do we have to force Doctors to live near hospitals or can they have the freedom to live where they want?

With you, I find myself bouncing between the extremes of wanting to burst into maniacal laughter and beating you with an iron bar.

You do the ambiguity thing rather well. Kudos on that. I mean it.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Liberty View Post
    Speed can sometimes be dangerous, but overall, traffic cops are a racket. They exist to make revenue for the State, not to keep people safe. That they will pull someone over for a given speed one day, and leave someone alone who's driving the same another day, is more than adequete proof of this point. They're highway robbers with a uniform and a badge.

Its illegitimate to steal from people on the basis of percentages.
    One thing that keeps amazing me on these forums is statements like this. Now, I agree there certainly are all kinds of traffic laws and what not that are BS (tho I don't think speeding laws are one of them) and are just intended to raise revenue, however, what I will never understand is how you all pin that on the cop rather than the city officials, and more importantly the lazy entitled citizens of the city who demand all these public services which require the revenue in the first place.

You throw all this venom at the traffic cop as if he's getting anything out of it aside from a bunch of paperwork and hassle. Especially think of Northern states like where I live, imagine getting out of that nice warm vehicle to stand out there in the freezing cold on a slick highway with cars zooming by going 70 plus. You call them "robbers", I ask again, what does the cop get out of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher A. Brown View Post
    Agreed, but you should be saying something more intelligent, like, "lawful and peaceful revolution NOW'.
    Thanks for showing me how to sound intelligent
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Quote Originally Posted by HankRicther12 View Post
    You call them "robbers", I ask again, what does the cop get out of it?
    A salary, a pension, the opportunity to exercise authority over others, "qualified immunity," reflexive adoration as "hero," etc., etc.,
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No, only Police Officers should be allowed to speed, because many times a life depends on it.
    In my small City (pop 25k), here in the heart of NC....the local police can only exceed the posted speed limit or go through a red light, if they are responding to a call involving a threat to another police officer. Rescue, fire and EMS, are allowed to exceed the posted limit and traffic through red lights for any emergency.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    A salary, a pension, the opportunity to exercise authority over others, "qualified immunity," reflexive adoration as "hero," etc., etc.,
    They get called heroes for writing tickets? You also seem to be unaware that most of the money from the tickets goes to the courts and city/town, it may have changed since my day but at the time I was working with them the departments only got between 2%-6% of the money, I fail to see how writing tickets has anything to do with the things you listed or how it's blamed on the cop. Every cop I knew hated writing tickets, it is a hassle doing it along with all the paperwork after.

They were generally ordered to a certain spot and while they didn't officially have quotas, if you pulled an 8hr shift and came back with nothing it would be noticed, but again, this was coming from up above. Even still, I can tell you, with most of them, you had to be going at the very least 10 miles over, generally they didn't bother unless it was 20 or beyond, I mean, get real, they can't let someone going 60 in a 35 go.

They get called heroes for writing tickets?
    They get called "heroes" merely for being cops - along with all the other things I mentioned (and more besides).

It is not difficult to understand how this (and/or any of those other things) could be regarded as more-than-adequate recompense for the tedium of paperwork, or the writing of tickets in inclement weather, or the opprobrium directed at them by ticketed persons, or etc.

You also seem to be unaware that most of the money from the tickets goes to the courts and city/town [...]
    None of this has anything at all to do with my remark. I simply answered your question.

You asked, "[Christian Liberty calls] them 'robbers', I ask again, what does the cop get out of it?"

Assuming (if only for the sake of argument) that cops are "robbers" - or for that matter, even if they are not - it's no big mystery what they "get out of it" (namely, the things I mentioned: a salary, a pension, authority, special privileges such as "qualified immunity," adulation as "heroes" because they are cops, etc., etc.). The only alternative to this is to assert that they don't get anything out of it. But if that was the case, then why would they do it at all (regardless of whether one believes that "all" or "some" or "none" of them are "robbers")?

You throw all this venom at the traffic cop as if he's getting anything out of it aside from a bunch of paperwork and hassle. Especially think of Northern states like where I live, imagine getting out of that nice warm vehicle to stand out there in the freezing cold on a slick highway with cars zooming by going 70 plus. You call them "robbers", I ask again, what does the cop get out of it?
    Most robbers go through a lot worse, for a lot less.
    They confronted me in the day of my calamity, but the Lord was my support.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    They get called "heroes" merely for being cops - along with all the other things I mentioned (and more besides).

It is not difficult to understand how this (and/or any of those other things) could be regarded as more-than-adequate recompense for the tedium of paperwork, or the writing of tickets in inclement weather, or the opprobrium directed at them by ticketed persons, or etc.

None of this has anything at all to do with my remark. I simply answered your question.

You asked, "[Christian Liberty calls] them 'robbers', I ask again, what does the cop get out of it?"

Assuming (if only for the sake of argument) that cops are "robbers" - or for that matter, even if they are not - it's no big mystery what they "get out of it" (namely, the things I mentioned: a salary, a pension, authority, special privileges such as "qualified immunity," adulation as "heroes" because they are cops, etc., etc.). The only alternative to this is to assert that they don't get anything out of it. But if that was the case, then why would they do it at all (regardless of whether one believes that "all" or "some" or "none" of them are "robbers")?
    You have some serious misconceptions about cops as most here do. I'd say they get called "pigs" or worse a 100 times per 1 time they get called a hero. As for having salary, a pension????? OK, yes, they do get paid but that has nothing to do with tickets, as for being robbers, a cop never takes one cent from anyone, nor does he receive any money from it, it is the courts, the city who decide the fines. A cop does nothing but enforce the laws the elected officials set out.

You could argue that the cops should examine themselves, examine the job they are doing and are they really helping people as they believe or maybe are they just enforcers for crooked govt......see, that would be a discussion, and when I was at the jail there was opportunity for me to make a career of it, I didn't. There was a lot of the job I just didn't like, although most cops are nothing like many of you describe yes there certainly were a few who fit the stereotype and brought people in for stupid BS and stuff, I always tried to be nicer to those inmates, but I just didn't like dealing with that stuff, and then of course I had to take all the $#@! from people like yourself, so I just said no thanks.

OK, yes, they do get paid but that has nothing to do with tickets, as for being robbers, a cop never takes one cent from anyone, nor does he receive any money from it, it is the courts, the city who decide the fines. A cop does nothing but enforce the laws the elected officials set out.
    Right.

The boss sets the rates. The henchmen collect the taxes. Just because no one has a gun to your head when you wire over the money doesn't mean they won't show up to your house and rip your kneecaps off when you refuse to pay.

And yes, the henchmen do get paid to collect the taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by staerker View Post
    Right.

The boss sets the rates. The henchmen collect the taxes. Just because no one has a gun to your head when you wire over the money doesn't mean they won't show up to your house and rip your kneecaps off when you refuse to pay.

And yes, the henchmen do get paid to collect the taxes.
    Come on back when you want to have a big people conversation.

Come on back when you want to have a big people conversation.
    Haha. I see that even the dumbed down version of the argument has gone over your head.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by navy-vet View Post
    In my small City (pop 25k), here in the heart of NC....the local police can only exceed the posted speed limit or go through a red light, if they are responding to a call involving a threat to another police officer. Rescue, fire and EMS, are allowed to exceed the posted limit and traffic through red lights for any emergency.
    That's because the rest of us don't matter for $#@!.

Am I really the only one whose head is spinning around on his neck's axis as in "The Exorcist", only at high speed in the manner of a lathe?

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

I see there is some stupidity here that requires down-slapping. My work is never done... <SIGH>...

You have some serious misconceptions about cops as most here do. I'd say they get called "pigs" or worse a 100 times per 1 time they get called a hero.
    I really don't care what they are called. What they DO interests me. You all can argue this non-issue all day, but it is a waste of time.

As for having salary, a pension????? OK, yes, they do get paid but that has nothing to do with tickets
    You are a liar; perhaps a cop yourself?. The more money the departments take in for their respective municipalities, the more budget they are allocated from those sources, which translates directly into salary, pension, perks, and lots of shooty-bangy stuff for when they try to play army and $#@!.

as for being robbers, a cop never takes one cent from anyone,
    Not just a liar, a damned liar. If you hire me to murder your ugly wife and I do so, we are BOTH guilty of the crime in question. If I rob the bank at your behest, guess what? That's right, we share guilt in the crime. Just because I stupidly rob the bank with no compensation for my service to you, it does not follow that I am innocent of the crime. What you suggest here lies well beneath contempt for stupidity, ignorance, and disingenuousness. We'll just have to call that ULTRA-FAIL.

nor does he receive any money from it,
    Not just a damned liar, but a filthy one to boot. See the above lines about where cops get their budgets.

OBTW, I assess you a liar because even a turnip well-boiled could not be that ignorant or stupid. I must therefore call it as I see it: a raft of disingenuous tripe.

A cop does nothing but enforce the laws the elected officials set out.
    Oh ja ja ja... und Ich habe nur Befehle befolgt (I was only following orders). FAIL.

And oh yes, of course the thousands of cases of cops murdering innocents is by all means the rare exception... because you say so?

Get real. I don't much care for careless, sloppy, dishonest reason and I see much of it in this post. You so very much appear to have an ax to grind.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    I see there is some stupidity here that requires down-slapping. My work is never done... <SIGH>...

I really don't care what they are called. What they DO interests me. You all can argue this non-issue all day, but it is a waste of time.

You are a liar; perhaps a cop yourself?. The more money the departments take in for their respective municipalities, the more budget they are allocated from those sources, which translates directly into salary, pension, perks, and lots of shooty-bangy stuff for when they try to play army and $#@!.

Not just a liar, a damned liar. If you hire me to murder your ugly wife and I do so, we are BOTH guilty of the crime in question. If I rob the bank at your behest, guess what? That's right, we share guilt in the crime. Just because I stupidly rob the bank with no compensation for my service to you, it does not follow that I am innocent of the crime. What you suggest here lies well beneath contempt for stupidity, ignorance, and disingenuousness. We'll just have to call that ULTRA-FAIL.

Not just a damned liar, but a filthy one to boot. See the above lines about where cops get their budgets.

OBTW, I assess you a liar because even a turnip well-boiled could not be that ignorant or stupid. I must therefore call it as I see it: a raft of disingenuous tripe.

Oh ja ja ja... und Ich habe nur Befehle befolgt (I was only following orders). FAIL.

And oh yes, of course the thousands of cases of cops murdering innocents is by all means the rare exception... because you say so?

Get real. I don't much care for careless, sloppy, dishonest reason and I see much of it in this post. You so very much appear to have an ax to grind.
    You've obviously not followed the conversation as everything you brought up has been addressed. Your "slapdown" is nothing but you completely embarrassing yourself with your complete ignorance of how police departments work.

Oh, but while I'm at it, I do want to bring up something that has puzzled me since I got here. See, there's all this cop hatred yet, I see no post bashing the military??? Now, sure, you guys attack foreign policy itself, but you always just blame the politicians, never the actual soldiers, airmen who carry out the atrocities, in fact, I was even scolded for being rude to a "veteran", I was told I should respect him because he is a veteran. Tell me, how many thousands of innocent people do our "men in uniform" slaughter every year, yet they seem to get pass???

In fact, I think I'm gonna make that question my sig.
    Last edited by HankRicther12; 05-22-2015 at 03:53 PM.

You have some serious misconceptions about cops as most here do. I'd say they get called "pigs" or worse a 100 times per 1 time they get called a hero. As for having salary, a pension????? OK, yes, they do get paid but that has nothing to do with tickets, as for being robbers, a cop never takes one cent from anyone, nor does he receive any money from it, it is the courts, the city who decide the fines. A cop does nothing but enforce the laws the elected officials set out.

You could argue that the cops should examine themselves, examine the job they are doing and are they really helping people as they believe or maybe are they just enforcers for crooked govt......see, that would be a discussion, and when I was at the jail there was opportunity for me to make a career of it, I didn't. There was a lot of the job I just didn't like, although most cops are nothing like many of you describe yes there certainly were a few who fit the stereotype and brought people in for stupid BS and stuff, I always tried to be nicer to those inmates, but I just didn't like dealing with that stuff, and then of course I had to take all the $#@! from people like yourself, so I just said no thanks.
    What the $#@! are you talking about? You haven't "taken any $#@!" from "people like myself" because I haven't given you any "$#@!." I have addressed you politely and I have deliberately gone out of my way to explicitly and carefully qualify my remarks in order to account for your (obviously very touchy) sensibilities (as when I said "assuming (if only for the sake of argument) that ..." or "regardless of whether one believes 'all' or 'some' or 'none' ..."). I did not take any position at all on whether cops are "robbers" or not (the only reason I even used the word is because CL used it and you echoed it back at him in that part of your reply to CL to which I originally responded). I merely pointed out that just because cops don't directly pocket revenues garnered from tickets does not mean that they do not "get anything out of" being cops and writing tickets - regardless of whether or not one thinks they are "robbers" for doing so.

Apparently, though, you are incapable of dealing with any kind of correction or criticism, no matter how mild or qualified, without whining about how everyone else has "serious misconceptions." What, in anything I said, is false or misconceived? Quote it. Specify it. You have yet to do any such thing, though you seem to imagine that you have. (For example, you complain about cops being called "pigs" a hundred times more often than they are called "heroes" - which even if true does absolutely nothing to disprove or refute my claim that they are nevertheless very often lauded by many as being "heroes" merely because they are cops, and that is one of the things that they "get out of" being cops. And that's not to mention the fact that in my previous post I explicitly accounted for and made reference to the "opprobrium" directed at cops - here's a hint: "opprobrium" includes things like being called "pigs").

Frankly, you don't seem to be able to do anything but repeatedly whine about how you are the only one who really understands anything because you worked in a jail a long time ago - and so anyone who has the temerity to take issue with anything you say should just shut the $#@! up and stop "giving you $#@!" ...

Last edited by Occam's Banana; 05-22-2015 at 04:34 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast