Thread: Peter King: Rand Paul Filibuster is 'Putting Our National Security at Risk'

Peter King: Rand Paul Filibuster is 'Putting Our National Security at Risk'

Peter King: Paul Filibuster 'Putting Our National Security at Risk'

By Todd Beamon
    Wednesday, 20 May 2015 09:22 PM

Rep. Peter King slammed Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul for speaking for hours Wednesday on the Senate floor against renewing the Patriot Act and the National Security Agency's metadata programs the law authorizes, charging to Newsmax that he is "doing a disservice to the country and he's putting our national security at risk.

"He's unnecessarily frightening the American people," the New York Republican, a member of the House Homeland Security Committee, said in an exclusive interview. "He's making the NSA out to be the enemy.

"In fact, the enemy is al-Qaida, ISIS and Islamist terrorism and the NSA is the key weapon that the United States has in the war against al-Qaida," he added. "The NSA does not listen to anyone's phone calls and does not read anyone's emails. There have been no abuses found against the NSA.

"This is just absolutely terrible. It's so misleading. It's fear mongering — and it's inexcusable," King said.

read more:
    http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/pet.../20/id/645872/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Keep on blowing steam King!
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

I really, really can't stand that guy.

***He's making the NSA out to be the enemy.***

Well, he never supported the Irish Republican Army.

So there's that.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...030406635.html
    "We have allowed our Nation to be overtaxed, and over-regulated, and overrun by bureaucrats. The Founders would be ashamed of us for what we're putting up with."

Never try to take the "politics" out of politics.

Hey Pete, $#@! you.

"In fact, the enemy is al-Qaida, ISIS and Islamist terrorism
    Wrong. The enemy is any man or woman that wishes to stripe away any piece of the liberty that was granted by God, rescued by the founders, and preserved by those have died on any battle field in the defense of that liberty.
    I am more and more convinced that man is a dangerous creature and that power, whether vested in many or a few, is ever grasping, and like the grave, cries, 'Give, give.'

Abigail Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Hey Pete, $#@! you.

"43Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. 44But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; 45That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. 46For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same? 47And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so? 48Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect."
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

King of the douchebags

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Honestly, why even post this guys stories here? He's fun to hate and laugh at, but he's really a nobody just trying to make his name by being the anti-libertarian.

Pete 'worm in the apple' King....

God put him here for a reason...

i'm looking for that 'reason'...brb...

Wonderful endorsement!
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Who cares. Even if he runs for President he won't ever get enough support to be on the same debate stage as Rand.

smell the fear
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

Quote Originally Posted by brandon View Post
    Honestly, why even post this guys stories here? He's fun to hate and laugh at, but he's really a nobody just trying to make his name by being the anti-libertarian.
    You say he's nobody, but the mainstream media keep pointing cameras at him.

I have a Republican representative in my district, and the mainstream media never invites him on to blather come Sunday morning.

This guy is an indictment both of the preponderance of idiots in his district and the whole of the national media machine. His rightful place is in a Belfast basement trying to figure out how to blow up Big Ben.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...