Thread: Natural Food Poisoning Remedy

Thumbs up Natural Food Poisoning Remedy

My mother had a bout of food poisoning today--so I thought I would share this information in case someone got food poisoning and wanted to get relief right away.

– At first signs of symptoms, took equal parts water (or juice) and apple cider vinegar (organic, with the mother!)

-In water or some kind of soft food, took 1/2 tsp or more of activated charcoal (or capsules if you can swallow them)

-Repeat until my symptoms stop.
    Source

*Activated charcoal will absorb quickly and it may reduce the effectiveness of some medications--so consult a doctor if you are on any medication.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Activated charcoal is good when it comes to food poisoning. However, the problem is we cannot just give any remedy on a patient of food poisoning. It is always best to consult a physician.

I usually just eat an umeboshi at the first sign of nausea. If that doesn't work, I eat a second umeboshi.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzu View Post
    I usually just eat an umeboshi at the first sign of nausea. If that doesn't work, I eat a second umeboshi.
    Umeboshi? I am not familiar with this could you please elaborate more. Thanks.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Umeboshi? I am not familiar with this could you please elaborate more. Thanks.
    Me neither. I do keep activated charcoal around. It's also a great tooth whitener.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Me neither. I do keep activated charcoal around. It's also a great tooth whitener.
    I keep it on had for emergencies and to whiten my teeth too. Great stuff!

Eh, we never get poisoned by our food. Probably because of preservatives.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Eh, we never get poisoned by our food. Probably because of preservatives.

That made me laugh.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Chester Copperpot

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post

That made me laugh.
    I think she's serious.