Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oil Spill Off Pristine Santa Barbara Coastline :(

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher A. Brown View Post
    If you knew what was hidden about life and the other ways to live it you would not say that.

The abridging of the purpose of free speech prevents you from knowing that and much more. The education that will come after the abridging of the purpose is ended will awaken Americans to greater possibilities for happiness than consumerism can even imagine.

The alternative of doing nothing has Agenda 21 which wants to force or compel the changes. The resistance to that is creating conflicts that have the opposite effect of what they intend. That is a lose-lose. Would you rather have that?

Corporate personhood is different from private property, did you know that? What I posted has nothing to do with private property. It's about Article V and stopping tyranny.

How screwed are we if the tyrants trash the ocean so bad we can't go fishing to survive?

The effects of corporate personhood are condemning private property on a daily basis, is that okay?
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Again, I stand by my original statement - from what I have seen no amount of money will satiate the butthurt. When the gulf spill happned, they bought out all the businesses and fishrman, paid billions to the government and spent billions cleaning up the mess.

All we heard (and hear) was that it was not enough, and that the gulf is mucked up forevr, blah blah blah.

Again, I'd rather have the occasional accident as long as energy is cheap. All this self-loathing Westerner crap is annoying.
    Ok, so what you're saying is that BP gave a bunch of money to some large corporate fisheries and a bunch of money to government, hung the little guy whose livelihood depended on the gulf out to dry, and since they are still complaining I guess that makes them liberal.

And I guess you don't care that the environment gets completely destroyed and we can no longer live off the land so you can pay less at the gas pump.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Ok, so what you're saying is that BP gave a bunch of money to some large corporate fisheries and a bunch of money to government, hung the little guy whose livelihood depended on the gulf out to dry, and since they are still complaining I guess that makes them liberal.

And I guess you don't care that the environment gets completely destroyed and we can no longer live off the land so you can pay less at the gas pump.
    For the record, I knew of two people operating single boat fishing businesses that got a sweet, sweet payout from BP. So it wasn't just big commercial fisheries. I also know of one person who made a claim of lost wages/income due to the spill and got a payout, which may or may not have been legit. So there was likely scamming going on by the little guys too.

I'm not a tree-hugger by a long shot, but these spills and the aftermath bother me. I think it's the government regulation and protection racket for big energy that fosters these types of incidents. That and public land 'ownership'. I'm in the camp that completely privatized lands coupled with robust property right protection and remedy through courts is the answer to maintaining the environment while providing cheap energy.

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Your admission to a failure to reason is expected. Consider, your posting an image is far closer to a brick wall than my continued posting of descriptive text.

The notion that our society does not know everything about the human mind, which is what experiences life, which is what knows the rewards of living; is not something you can assimilate. Not many raised by television can.

Television never goes to certain places of knowledge. Just like literature and academia. Therefore the people of our society only exposed to that material sphere of knowledge or experiences it yields cannot comprehend that life is anything but material gratification, or the shared and mutual appreciation of it.

Consider, when you are very old, will you remember all the material stuff you consumed and enjoyed in your life? Or, will the people you love and spent time with dominate your memory? Will the time shared with them discussing and apprehending your mutual existence, your appreciation of the universe we each know be what you cherish in memory after all those experiences are in the further past?

Herein is what the experience of life is really about. Therefore efficiency with the material existence allows more of the real experience for others in the future to enjoy the same thing which is shared by all forms of life that we comprehend.

It is our combined, aware effort to continue that phenomena for all life that is the lasting joy of life, and the love we have for our familes and friends. The stuff only matters to filling needs, and the occasional want that is justified with material gratification.
    Last edited by Christopher A. Brown; 05-25-2015 at 08:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ghengis86 View Post
    I'm in the camp that completely privatized lands coupled with robust property right protection and remedy through courts is the answer to maintaining the environment while providing cheap energy.
    The elements of air and water are collectively needed therefore owned by all of us as property and that is natural law.

It may be your formula is the most effective, but a society that shares awareness of efficacy, is still the key to function. If the society does not share such, it must focus on creating such function as soon as possible.

Functional and just courts that are based in the cutting edge of natural law awareness will be more and more vital to good descision making in these areas. The American constitution, with its original intents, actually has a basis advanced enough to serve us in arriving at a place where the described function will be happening.

FWIW, it was an evironmental regulation that, ulitimately, broke the final link in the chain that caused the Deepwater Horizon disaster

Pipe broke from corrosion - Picture in the article shows a dude standing next to it with some duct tape

http://www.independent.com/news/2015...mes-corrosion/

A comment from the article that seems informative:

Yikes! This is so wrong on so many levels. First, the fact that the six inch slit is in the bottom tells me that the product moving down the line has sand in it, which means that ExxonMobil is not removing all the sand before sending to the refinery. Second, the external corrosion indicates that the cathode protection did not work. Thirdly, the discrepancy between what the smart pig recorded and what was really there is an indication that the smart pig inspections are not providing accurate inspection information. So we can conclude that industry standard corrosion control does not work, ExxonMobil's processing plant is not removing all the sand from the crude before shipping it to refineries, and the primary method we have for determining pipeline integrity does not give us accurate information. As I said before, Yikes!

Eckermann (anonymous profile)
    June 3, 2015 at 9:04 p.m.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12