Thread: Rand's filibuster totally ROCKS! C-SPAN2 - NOW!

Rand's filibuster totally ROCKS! C-SPAN2 - NOW!

Whoever the mod that locked the announcement thread about this happening needs to be banned and shunned!

WTF RPF???

It's AWESOME! Tune in!

-t

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

It is not locked. We just kicked you out.

Tweet version of this every 10 min:
    #RandPaulActivists need your help! May 28th deadline!https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/orenbus/rand-paul-digital-apps-microsites-for-next-gen-gra … #StandWithRand #RandPaul2016 #LibertyNotHillary #tcot #tlot
    Today I decided to get banned and spam activism on this forum...

SUPPORT RANDPAULDIGITAL GRASSROOTS PROJECTS TODAY!

http://i.imgur.com/SORJlQ5.png

For more info. or to help spread the word, go to the promotion thread here.

Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    If I had to answer this question truthfully I'd probably piss a lot of people off lol, Barrex would be a better person to ask he doesn't seem to care lol.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/0...ct-118141.html

Rand Paul to slam surveillance ‘until he can no longer speak’
    The Kentucky Republican is expected to speak late into the night on the Senate floor.

By SEUNG MIN KIM and ALEX BYERS 5/20/15 2:01 PM EDT Updated 5/20/15 8:19 PM EDT
    Rand Paul took over the Senate floor Wednesday to rail at length against government surveillance programs — capitalizing on a sleepy day in the Senate to highlight his opposition to key parts of the PATRIOT Act that expire at the end of the month.

Wearing dark green sneakers in apparent preparation to go deep into the evening, Paul launched into a lengthy critique of surveillance — a stance that’s put him squarely against top Republicans and other GOP presidential contenders who advocate continuing the controversial bulk collection programs.

“There comes a time in the history of nations when fear and complacency allow power to accumulate and liberty and privacy to suffer,” Paul said as he opened his remarks at 1:18 p.m. Wednesday. “That time is now. And I will not let the PATRIOT Act — the most unpatriotic of acts — go unchallenged.”
    More at link.

Rand Paul to slam surveillance ‘until he can no longer speak’
    The Kentucky Republican is expected to speak late into the night on the Senate floor.
    u think they would let me in with a blow gun and epi filled "tranquilizer" darts?

I could bring some massively over brood coffee IV's too...

-t
    Last edited by tangent4ronpaul; 05-20-2015 at 08:01 PM.

What if he has to pee?
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by wizardwatson View Post
    What if he has to pee?
    Remind me to send him an external catheter for the next one. You know, roll on and something that looks like a IV bag strapped to his leg.

The others are spotting him - I'm sure he has a few mins to run to the little boys room from time to time.

Hard candy! - Quick energy!

-t

Feeling far more comfortable supporting Rand.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    Feeling far more comfortable supporting Rand.
    Even though he knows it has no chance of stopping it and does it exclusively to get the hardcore Ron Paul supporters back? At least that's what I thought when I first heard about this. Sorry for being a horrible person.

Rethinking it, he couldn't do it if he didn't believe in civil liberties.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by jj- View Post
    Even though he knows it has no chance of stopping it
    If he keeps talking long enough, he can upend Majority Leader Mitch McConnell’s carefully laid plans for the week,
    prevent amendments to the trade bill,
    delay consideration of the surveillance legislation,
    and otherwise prevent his Senate colleagues from enjoying their holiday weekends.

And if Paul can talk until 1 p.m. Thursday, he will have talked for 23 hours and 42 minutes — second-longest in recorded Senate history, exceeded only by Strom Thurmond’s 1957 record of 24:18.

Here is how Paul’s speech stands to affect Senate business should it continue past midnight:

Paul is already keeping the managers of the trade legislation from processing amendments to that bill,
    which could affect whether the legislation gains the 60 votes tomorrow necessary to close debate and move toward final passage.

If he keeps talking past midnight,
    he will delay McConnell from filing a cloture motion on legislation to address the impending Patriot Act lapse,
    pushing those votes into Saturday or beyond.

And while the Senate was already on a trajectory toward some rare weekend work,
    given Democrats’ pledges to draw out debate on the trade bill,

Paul’s maneuverings could guarantee it.

In the words of my Post colleague Paul Kane, “if this isn’t a filibuster, there’s no such thing as a filibuster.”
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...23d_story.html

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

did he stop talking
    A society that places equality before freedom with get neither; A society that places freedom before equality will yield high degrees of both

Make a move and plead the 5th because you can't plead the 1st

Right, he will delay the final votes -which I think will end in an approval of the USA Freedom Act-. But it's a delay, it doesn't stop the Patriot Act.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Hahaha...pretty awesome.