Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KY Republican Primary Gubernatorial Election Results (official thread)

Exclamation KY Republican Primary Gubernatorial Election Results (official thread)

As of this moment looks like Bevin is going to win a 4 way race with less than 4 points.... but we'll see what happens....

Follow it here:
    http://results.enr.clarityelections....d.html?cid=100

or here:
    http://datacenter.courier-journal.co...ary-elections/
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wow, talk about a close race...

With 99.17% reporting

Bevin -- 70,479
    Comer - 70,396

Heiner - 57,948

A gap of 83 votes!

From what I understand, Bevin and Comer are both better than Heiner on the issues.

Heiner is closest to McConnell politically.

So, good that Heiner lost.

That's a plus for liberty in general and presumably McConnell's loss is Rand's gain in KY influence.

I'm viewing this is a kind of proxy fight between the two. Despite their "arrangement," they'e both no doubt looking to outmaneuver one another at home.

Who to prefer between Bevin and Comer?

Bevin is more anti-McConnell, obviously, given the 2014 primary. But Rand endorsed McConnell against him.

Does it matter?
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 05-19-2015 at 08:11 PM.

I honestly don't know what Paul is thinking in regards to Kentucky. Bevin is the only choice. Comer will get hammered in the General.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Wow, talk about a close race...

With 99.17% reporting

Bevin -- 70,479
    Comer - 70,396

Heiner - 57,948

A gap of 83 votes!

From what I understand, Bevin and Comer are both better than Heiner on the issues.

Heiner is closest to McConnell politically.

So, good that Heiner lost.

That's a plus for liberty in general and presumably McConnell's loss is Rand's gain in KY influence.

I'm viewing this is a kind of proxy fight between the two. Despite their "arrangement," they'e both no doubt looking to outmaneuver one another at home.

Who to prefer between Bevin and Comer?

Bevin is more anti-McConnell, obviously, given the 2014 primary. But Rand endorsed McConnell against him.

Does it matter?

I heard Comer is asking for a recount. What little I know, apparently candidates must pay for a recount; and Comer has no cash.

100.0% reporting

CANDIDATE PERCENT VOTES
    Matt Bevin 32.9% 70,479
    James Comer 32.9% 70,396
    Hal Heiner 27.1% 57,948
    Will Scott 7.2% 15,364

Quote Originally Posted by MikeStanart View Post
    I honestly don't know what Paul is thinking in regards to Kentucky. Bevin is the only choice. Comer will get hammered in the General.
    Rand didn't endorse either of them, did he?

I got the impression he just wants to make nice with whoever wins (while probably hoping it's not Heiner).

So, he didn't endorse for fear of picking the loser.

I'm okay with Bevin or Comer. Comer would have a better chance to beat Conway. Conway will win anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Rand didn't endorse either of them, did he?

I got the impression he just wants to make nice with whoever wins (while probably hoping it's not Heiner).

So, he didn't endorse for fear of picking the loser.

Rand committed to not endorse any state races in Kentucky. He bent the rules a little bit with Massie.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    Rand committed to not endorse any state races in Kentucky. He bent the rules a little bit with Massie.
    And McConnell in 2014.

And he apparently sent texts of encouragement to Comer. Comer was his dog in this race.

I think either would be good. I kind of prefer Bevin because he needed this to keep his political career alive, while I think Comer can still pursue another office.

If Wikipedia is accurate, Comer "labeled the legalization of industrialized hemp as his top priority" right after he became Agriculture Commissioner.

So it's no wonder that Bevin had a $5 million war chest to finish him off. The bad guys win again.

Quote Originally Posted by sgt150 View Post
    If Wikipedia is accurate, Comer "labeled the legalization of industrialized hemp as his top priority" right after he became Agriculture Commissioner.

So it's no wonder that Bevin had a $5 million war chest to finish him off. The bad guys win again.
    The bad guy was Heiner, who is close to McConnell.

That is a moronic and baseless lie. My wife is the finance director for Bevin. You sir should just pack up and go home.

So let me get this straight:

Comer supports Paul. Therefore Comer must be good, because Paul is good.
    Comer supports Hemp. Therefore Comer must be good, because Hemp is good.
    Paul supports McConnel. Therefore McConnel must be good, because....oh wait......

Quote Originally Posted by YesI'mALiberal View Post
    100.0% reporting

CANDIDATE PERCENT VOTES
    Matt Bevin 32.9% 70,479
    James Comer 32.9% 70,396
    Hal Heiner 27.1% 57,948
    Will Scott 7.2% 15,364

"A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeStanart View Post
    That is a moronic and baseless lie. My wife is the finance director for Bevin. You sir should just pack up and go home.
    Did your wife know Bevin's position on the bank bailouts before she went to work for him?

YAY! Matt Bevin!
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post

I watched a youtube of a debate the other day. Comer said he was against medical marijuana.
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Classy election night speech by Jamie Comer imo.

~Resident Badgiraffe

Bevin!

~Resident Badgiraffe

Just how close is the race for governor in Kentucky? This close:

Quite a few tweeters and media outlets have retracted their calls, not to mention Sen. Rand Paul, who deleted his congratulatory tweet.

http://twitchy.com/2015/05/19/in-ken...ulatory-tweet/
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Benton Flashback! Jesse Benton claimed Rand Paul misspoke when he called Matt Bevin a “good, honest, Christian man.”

Then Benton, now a top enforcer for McConnell, told reporters that Paul “misspoke a little.” “I don’t know exactly why those words came out of Senator Paul’s mouth,” Benton said, according to the Associated Press, adding that Bevin “does have a long record of stretching and bending the truth to suit his purposes.”

Paul explains: “I try to say nice things about other Republicans from my state. I have endorsed Senator McConnell and support Senator McConnell, but I also don’t have anything bad to say about his opponent.” And as for Bevin’s character, his remarks were no mistake.

“I know him and from what I’ve seen of him I wouldn’t attack his character,” Paul says. Asked about Paul’s remarks, Benton says in an e-mail that Paul “simply doesn’t have all the facts”: Rand is a gentleman and is always looking for the best in people.

I will say that Rand simply doesn’t have all the facts, and that as you get to know Matt Bevin, you see how comfortable Bevin is at stretching the truth and inventing facts. But it’s not Rand’s job to know that, nor is it his job to attack Bevin. We have Rand’s friendship and support, and that’s all we would ever ask for.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...onathan-strong
    http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...onathan-strong
    Last edited by William Tell; 05-19-2015 at 11:06 PM.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Good for Matt. He has an enormous task ahead of him to beat Conway. I didn't think Comer could beat Conway and I don't think Bevin can either.

I will say this though, understand who Heiner and the establishment went after in the last leg of this race. The establishment doesn't go after the one they know isn't a threat.

Here's some perspective: Conway alone recieved about 140,000 votes. That's double than what the Republican nominee will receive.

Here's some perspective: Conway alone recieved about 140,000 votes. That's double than what the Republican nominee will receive.

214,000 total votes for Republicans
    177,000 total votes for Democrats.

12% turnout.

As long as ratios stay the same, and butt-hurt Republicans still show up and vote for Bevin, they have a serious shot.

I will say this though, understand who Heiner and the establishment went after in the last leg of this race. The establishment doesn't go after the one they know isn't a threat.
    The establishment screwed up though. Seeing the results it looks like Comer kept most of his support, if he lost anything it looks like it went to Bevin. They were wrong, Bevin was a threat.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Matt Bevin wins

so Matt Bevin beat James Comer by a razor thin 89 votes in the primary for Kentucky governor

Uh no, not yet, there will be a re-canvass and possibly a recount.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast