Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Rand Paul filibusters Patriot Act renewal and yields floor after 10.5 hours - Official thread

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Rand talking about no-knock raids!
    Hell yeah!! He's doing great

Edit: Easy on the water Rand!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

breitbart has live tweet: http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...r-patriot-act/

UPDATE, 4:50 PM: Tea Party Express executive director Taylor Budowich told Breitbart News he and his organization “Stand With Rand.”

UPDATE, 6:59 PM: Sen. Chris Coons (D-DE) and
    Sen. Jon Tester (D-MT)
    10%

also went down to the Senate floor to back Paul’s filibuster. UPDATE, 6:31 PM: Generation Opportunity #StandswithRand in letting the NSA’s bulk data collection expire.
    The Director of Policy Engagement at Generation Opportunity Luke Kenworthy said Section 215 of the Patriot Act should expire because its mass surveillance threatens Americans’ freedoms.
    “It makes sense that there is broad bipartisan support for allowing Section 215 to expire. It has been widely misinterpreted to give the government far more power than was originally intended,” said Kenworthy.“Privacy matters – it’s essential for free speech, commerce, and for holding our leaders accountable. Digital privacy is especially important to young Americans, as we use our phones, computers, and digital devices more than any other generation.”
    Generation Opportunity is a non-profit organization that aims at helping young people succeed.
    “Our generation says: let Section 215 of the USA Patriot Act expire. It’s only the first step, but it’s necessary for Congress to prove to us that our elected officials are ready to defend our fundamental right to privacy,” said Kenworthy “Senator
    Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY)
    93%

has been a steadfast defender of the Bill of Rights,” Budowich said in an email. “Americans are fed-up with those in Congress that will campaign on conservative principles, yet sit silently while the liberties of millions slowly erode. Senator Rand Paul, like many of his new Tea Party colleagues, has rejected complacency. Instead, he has been every bit the champion of liberty and limited government in D.C. that he was on the campaign trail. Many voters throughout Kentucky and around the nation are taking note: ‘finally, someone that not only talks the talk, but will also walk the walk.’ Whether or not people ‘Stand with Rand,’ Senator Paul is proving he will stand with the people.

UPDATE, 5:38 PM:
    Jenny Beth Martin, the head of Tea Party Group Tea Party Patriots which has joined with the liberal ACLU to target the NSA’s data collection program, told Breitbart News exclusively that she stands with Rand and thanks Lee for joining him.

“Ending unwarranted spying and mass collection of data is an issue that unites Americans across the political spectrum. That is why we have coalesced with unlikely partners such as the ACLU and the NAACP,” Martin said in an email. “We applaud
    Sen. Mike Lee (R-UT)
    100%

for offering a solution in the USA Freedom Act, and we appreciate Sen. Paul for also bringing attention to the issue.”

In the meantime, Jeb speaks:
    UPDATE, 4:36 PM: Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush backs his brother’s legislation.
    Kirsty Campbell, spokesperson for former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush and likely GOP presidential candidate, provided his comment regarding the Patriot Act during Sen. Rand Paul’s filibuster Wednesday afternoon.
    “In light of the growing terrorist threat to the United States, Governor Bush supports extending responsible intelligence and law enforcement authorities — including the NSA metadata program — in order to help keep us safe against the asymmetric terrorist threats facing our country.”

People seriously I spent 10 min tweeting and i managed to get 2 pledges... If more people did this:

#RandPaulActivists need your help! May 28th deadline!https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/orenbus/rand-paul-digital-apps-microsites-for-next-gen-gra … #StandWithRand #RandPaul2016 #LibertyNotHillary #tcot #tlot

I will get banned/blocked if I keep posting any more of it. Please dont let this opportunity pass.

120 dollars for 10 min of "work"-tweeting. Isnt it worth it for Liberty?
    Today I decided to get banned and spam activism on this forum...

SUPPORT RANDPAULDIGITAL GRASSROOTS PROJECTS TODAY!

http://i.imgur.com/SORJlQ5.png

For more info. or to help spread the word, go to the promotion thread here.

Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    If I had to answer this question truthfully I'd probably piss a lot of people off lol, Barrex would be a better person to ask he doesn't seem to care lol.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrex View Post
    People seriously I spent 10 min tweeting and i managed to get 2 pledges... If more people did this:

#RandPaulActivists need your help! May 28th deadline!https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/orenbus/rand-paul-digital-apps-microsites-for-next-gen-gra … #StandWithRand #RandPaul2016 #LibertyNotHillary #tcot #tlot

I will get banned/blocked if I keep posting any more of it. Please dont let this opportunity pass.

Oh yeah, to insert a Tweet into a post, "go advanced", and press the blue Twitter icon. Inside the hashtags, cut and paste the digits at the end of the Twitter link for the post.

Example: Paste 601137787727945729 from http://twitter.com/RandPaulDigital/s...37787727945729 between "[TW*ET][/TW*ET]".

Just discussed Robert Nozick's argument that income taxation = Slavery (Rand did NOT endorse this argument, but said that it's one of the arguments out there to consider).

pizza has been mentioned... we're officially in "lull" mode

Quote Originally Posted by DP714 View Post
    Just discussed Robert Nozick's argument that income taxation = Slavery (Rand did NOT endorse this argument, but said that it's one of the arguments out there to consider).
    lol, meaning he fully and completely endorses it but can't admit it and remain viable.

History in the making! A moment to tell your grandkids about!

#StandWithRand is trending #2. Also, how can we use it to promote Orenbush's Digital Kickstarter? Oops you are all ahead of me. I'll be there in a second.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How much you want to bet that Ted Cruz will be announcing his filibuster of SOMETHING sometime in the next two weeks? He reminds me of Michelle Bachman's copying of Sarah Palin in 2008...pretty funny.

On another note: do you think Rand went with a catheter (per Strom Thurmond) or a depends? He is drinking a bit of water.

Bernie Sanders is about to talk about Rand's faux-libuster on MSNBC's Chris Hayes show.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Oh yeah, to insert a Tweet into a post, "go advanced", and press the blue Twitter icon. Inside the hashtags, cut and paste the digits at the end of the Twitter link for the post.

Example: Paste 601137787727945729 from http://twitter.com/RandPaulDigital/s...37787727945729 between "[TW*ET][/TW*ET]".

Cool. Thanks but this place is somewhat deat to activism. I got more luck engaging people on Twitter than here.
    Today I decided to get banned and spam activism on this forum...

SUPPORT RANDPAULDIGITAL GRASSROOTS PROJECTS TODAY!

http://i.imgur.com/SORJlQ5.png

For more info. or to help spread the word, go to the promotion thread here.

Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    If I had to answer this question truthfully I'd probably piss a lot of people off lol, Barrex would be a better person to ask he doesn't seem to care lol.

OMG my fink (former NC House Speaker) Thom Tillis is presiding over this.

He's probably experiencing Deja Vu......

Best tweet ever

OMG my fink (former NC House Speaker) Thom Tillis is presiding over this.
    He's my fink, too. He is a complete establishment Republican and I am sure he will not "Stand with Rand"...ditto Burr. No reason to even call or email them.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrex View Post

Retweeted!
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by squirl22 View Post
    He's my fink, too. He is a complete establishment Republican and I am sure he will not "Stand with Rand"...ditto Burr. No reason to even call or email them.
    My experience is that he manages to maintain his equanimity well enough when folks like us speak from the floor, but that is more of an effect of his sociopathy than actual politeness. He legitimately doesn't care.

Unbelievable; mostly positive comments over at The Right Scoop, a Ted Cruz stronghold: http://therightscoop.com/watch-rand-...e-patriot-act/

Beings Rand's son or daughter would be funny. Imagine not being able to outspeak or outsmart him due to the historic intellectual base his father built.

Let's all tweet and supporting senators to go on the floor to read tweets so Rand knows we're all behind him!!! Im going to start tweeting Wyden now.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by libertyplz View Post
    wow
    R[∃vo˩]ution

I believe the very heart and soul of conservatism is libertarianism. -Ronald Reagan

Rand is deconstructing what is wrong with the USA Freedom Act now

I often argue with many of you but I am proud to #standwithrand and everyone here today. This thread bring me great joy! Viva La rEVOLution! Great Job everyone! Don't let up!

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Rand needed a break there...

Maria Cantwell with a question.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast