Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Rand Paul filibusters Patriot Act renewal and yields floor after 10.5 hours - Official thread

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    I feel bad for the poor lady having to manually transcribe every word of this lol
    I feel bad that America is still paying someone to perform this outdated method of archiving.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Good going Rand, at least we know you don't just talk the talk, you follow your opposition with action unlike some democrats. Looking at you Bernie.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    I feel bad for the poor lady having to manually transcribe every word of this lol
    id only feel bad if she works for a female liberal congresswoman because she's working for less than the congresswoman is asking for the minimum wage to be

Hannity and Rove discussing filibuster now. Hannity admitting as a supporter of Patriot Act he is being won over by Rand Paul. Rove in a panic.

With Paul’s filibuster attracting significant press attention, his campaign has announced that three Republican congressmen are available as surrogates to take questions. (Obviously, the Kentucky senator can’t leave the Senate chamber to talk to reporters).

The three are Justin Amash of Michigan, Raul Labrador of Idaho and Thomas Massie of Kentucky. All three have backed Paul’s presidential campaigns and are stalwart members of libertarian leaning Freedom Caucus in the House.
    http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/l...triot-act-live
    Last edited by LatinsforPaul; 05-20-2015 at 08:09 PM.
    Rand Paul for Peace

Why isn't he mentioning the "googe for voice" AT ALL???? The content of all our calls searchable in full text. It's a lot worse than metadata.

-t

Labrador on Hannity now, with Rand on split screen

Why isn't he talking about the FBI using the same tools and violating the constitution in the same ways?

-t

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by cindy25 View Post
    Labrador on Hannity now, with Rand on split screen
    Hannity is interviewing a DOG? REALLY???

-t

Quote Originally Posted by tangent4ronpaul View Post
    Why isn't he talking about the FBI using the same tools and violating the constitution in the same ways?

-t
    He is talking mainly about bulk collection and section 215, because that is what is getting ready to expire.

I haven't seen this mentioned anyplace. But FWIW, it looks like Rand is wearing an Adam Smith tie. Nothing major, but I noticed. It appears to be this tie. https://rationalcreature.files.wordp...msmithtie1.jpg
    Last edited by Krugminator2; 05-20-2015 at 08:18 PM.

Everyone put Washington Journal on speed dial tomm morn.

Can someone put together a best of filibuster together for YouTube?

-t

It sounds like Wyden really wants Rand to finish up.
    the rEVOLution begins!

I read recently that Ted Cruz has the worst attendance record this year in his Senate committee. He's too busy running around the country pretending he's going to be President.

Cruz also missed the Lynch confirmation vote to shmooze with donors.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It sounds like Rand is winding it down.....
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

He sounds like he is winding it down.

I just went to see who has Rand on the front page FOXNEWS =NO CNN =NO MSNBC=YES
    Now that was unexpected.

Quote Originally Posted by robertwerden View Post
    I just went to see who has Rand on the front page FOXNEWS =NO CNN =NO MSNBC=YES
    Now that was unexpected.
    CNN.com has had it above the fold most of the afternoon and evening. They don't seem to like his people calling it a filibuster, otherwise, they have been live blogging it all day.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    He is talking mainly about bulk collection and section 215, because that is what is getting ready to expire.
    and bulk collection of voice 2 text isn't bulk collection?

-t

I think Rand is going so hardcore on this in part because it will fully let the inner warmonger of some of his competitors come out. Lindsey Graham could emotionally react saying, yeah, I will DRONE YOU!

and bulk collection of voice 2 text isn't bulk collection?

-t
    Not today.

Everyone put Washington Journal on speed dial tomm morn.

Can someone put together a best of filibuster together for YouTube?

-t
    Can't you? Plus, it's still going on anyway. Chances are people wouldn't get on that for a day or so.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Good job Rand, well done.

A little while ago they mentioned Rand was filibustering on an ABC radio network news break. Then they played a clip, and literally played a part where he was stammering a bit and really didn't say anything, just to make it sound bad. The Ministry of Truth has no shame.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

This will probably be helpful later on in the campaign, when they start making Bad Lip Reading videos again... I bet it's gonna be hilarious
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Chipin for Rand midnight snack and early morn hot breakfast?

Starbucks bulk coffee take out? it's like 10-12 cups....

anyone?

-t

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast