Thread: Denmark to make cash payments obsolete

Denmark to make cash payments obsolete

Denmark is set to become the first country in the world to make cash payments obsolete

May 08, 2015

Innovation ... In Australia, mobile pay technology exists, but has yet to become mainstream. Picture: Supplied Source: Getty Images

DENMARK is on track to become the world’s first cashless nation, with its government pushing to free some stores, restaurants and petrol stations from accepting cash payments.

The proposal to scrap cash transactions is part of a package of cost-saving measures being introduced ahead of the Danish election in September, the Independent reports.

It is understood the government is hoping to get rid of the option to pay by cash by as early as 2016.
    Nearly a third of all Danish citizen prefer to use Danske Bank’s official app, MobilePay, to pay for services and transactions, and it is expected that the proposal will be met with little opposition.

READ MORE:

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by europa arise View Post
    Denmark is set to become the first country in the world to make cash payments obsolete

May 08, 2015

Innovation ... In Australia, mobile pay technology exists, but has yet to become mainstream. Picture: Supplied Source: Getty Images

DENMARK is on track to become the world’s first cashless nation, with its government pushing to free some stores, restaurants and petrol stations from accepting cash payments.

The proposal to scrap cash transactions is part of a package of cost-saving measures being introduced ahead of the Danish election in September, the Independent reports.

It is understood the government is hoping to get rid of the option to pay by cash by as early as 2016.
    Nearly a third of all Danish citizen prefer to use Danske Bank’s official app, MobilePay, to pay for services and transactions, and it is expected that the proposal will be met with little opposition.

READ MORE:
    There is a worldwide war on cash, this isn't limited to Denmark. The powers that be are trying to make "unauthorized" transactions impossible. (good luck with that...)
    "The Patriarch"

Gold and Silver coins..

Oh... you don't take cash, too bad.
    "I am a bird"

Screw that!

Barter here we come.
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

And in the future, every single transaction will be recorded in a centralized database. Along with metadata from your phone, and location data from your self driving car.

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeCoulter View Post
    Screw that!

Barter here we come.
    To get ready , I have been doing it for some time .

won't this just speed the use of silver and gold?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    it will be interesting to see what really replaces it. I can imagine babysitters initially being paid in canned food (or doubling their rate to account for Danish taxes). drug dealers using bitcoin. but at some point silver, gold, possibly euros or dollars, will have to enter into it. in other cashless societies (prisons for example) or where the currency collapsed something has always replaced it.