Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Biker Shootout in Waco: Multiple fatalities

Lets say the average biker bike is $10,000 at auction.

192 * $10,000 = $1.92m of police revenue

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    You noticed that too.
    That and an uptick in "evil biker" stories......

[edit]

Pics of newly stitched "colors" sewn into virgin leather too...
    Last edited by tod evans; 05-18-2015 at 09:34 AM.

Twin Peaks is kind of a "Hooters" establishment.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

A WHO'S WHO OF THE TEXAN MOTORCYCLE CLUBS: WHICH GANGS WERE INVOLVED IN THE SHOOT-OUT?

The Bandidos Motorcycle Club

was labeled a 'growing criminal threat' by the FBI. The group was named in an FBI report as one of the country's four most dangerous outlaw gangs by the FBI - alongside the Pagans, Hells Angels, and Outlaws.
    The group was formed in 1966 by Vietnam war veteran Donald Chambers in San Leon, Texas. It has since grown to build factions across the world, as far as Germany, Norway and Australia. Its Norwegian branch was one half of the Great Nordic Biker War between 1994 and 1997, warring with Hell's Angels. At its climax, a missile was fired at a prison holding a Bandidos member.
    In the U.S., members have been convicted of smuggling drugs across the Mexican border - an area they are said to specialize in. According to the FBI, Bandidos are major players in the marijuana, cocaine and methamphetamine markets.

The Cossacks Motorcycle Club

is based 200 miles away in Callahan County, Texas. It was formed in 1969, with the motto 'we take care of our own' and using the colors black and gold. The club is much smaller than the Bandidos but like the Bandidos, the Cossacks have chapters overseas. The largest chapters outside the U.S. can be found in Australia.
    In 2013, Bandidos head Jack Lewis was charged with stabbing two Cossacks outside a restaurant in Abilene, near Callahan County.
    The Cossacks are challenging the Bandidos' dominance in Texas by looking to form alliances with other gangs, such as the Hell's Angels, former undercover agent Steve Cook told Vox.
    Other clubs were reportedly seen at the fight in Waco but it is not yet clear if they were involved in the shooting. They include:

The Scimitars Motorcycle Club

is a smaller group based in Texas and aligned with the Cossacks; they have previously supported them in their battle against the Bandidos. Their jacket patch is a red-eyed skull on two crossed scimitars, or sabers.
    Photos on Facebook pages belonging to members of the Cossacks in Texas show the two clubs pictured together. Last year, the gangs even volunteered to build a park together in Odessa, Texas, according to the Odessa American.

The Leathernecks Motorcycle Club

is made up of current or former members of the Marine Corps or Fleet Marine Force Corps and the group has chapters across the country. It claims its members include those who have worked in federal, state and local law enforcement.
    'The Leathernecks Motorcycle Club is NOT an Outlaw Club,' it explains on its website, 'but a family orientated Club that brings together those that have TWO very special interests in life. The love for the Corps and the love for getting our face in the wind with our motorcycles beneath us.'

Los Pirados Motorcycle Club

is another small group also based in the Waco area. A recent report on a website calling itself the 'Texas Motorcycle Rights Association' referred to the group as 'a new Mom & Pop riding group'. Facebook groups show the club has also recently been involved in fund-raising benefits for children in need of surgery.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    ..former undercover agent Steve Cook told Vox
    no doubt a reliable source.

other sources include SPLC.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

I am suspicious of any official story repeatededly parroted by media outlets. Especially when there is a good guys vs bad guys narrative going on. My first thought is someone is being framed or set up to be made into a boogeyman.

I have never been involved in biker gang activities but know people who are in some of the gangs around here- they are not evil people and they leave other people alone when they are left alone. These people are models of true liberty advocates. They band together as like minded individuals, have their organization rules and do not force others to believe the same things they do.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    How many federal agents were involved?
    The ones "The Newz" talks about or the ones that come out years later in open court?

Yes it is.. But I an not inclined to take the word of Known lairs on it.

Could be a lot of things.
    Reconciliation and cooperation between former rivals.. and a peaceful gathering. (can't have that)
    A minor altercation,, escalated by police actions.

and perhaps it was one guy shooting another in some ongoing feud.

I expect Media will not investigate or report anything but the official line.

and any Cellphone video evidence will be disposed of.
    That may be the case but some of the groups involved are also known to be engaged in hardcore activity too so I'll just wait and see. I'm not speculating one way or the other. That being said I can't imagine being stupid enough to plan a rumble in the middle of a family restaurant. Acts of passion are another matter.

Don't know those clubs. Nor have I ever joined a club. I have known Hells Angels,,Outlaws and Iron Horsemen,, and a few smaller clubs.

and if you $#@! with them you can expect it to not be tolerated. Don't $#@! with them,, treat them fairly and you will receive the same.
    FALSE.

My dad was a biker for 15 years. If you $#@! with them, sure, you're an idiot. However, if one of them $#@!s with you and you are outnumbered run. Because a club will protect it's own even if they are in the wrong, no questions asked, period. They might discipline him later, but they won't show division to outsiders.

My dad wasn't even in a "tough" gang, he was 13%. But the stories he related to me of the things they'd done and the drugs they dealt, and the murders they covered up is nothing but darkness.

They are nothing but gangs, plain and simple. Their "honor" and "brotherhood" is a bunch of bull$#@!.

They are misogynistic territorial drug dealers for the most part. Sure they're "regular dudes" for the most part 99% of the time. Doing charity runs, and barbecues, and biking across our great country. But their business model is GANG, plain and simple.

My personal experience. I remember having arguments with my dad about "club vs. gang" when I was like 12 years old. I thought his biker buddies were "cool guys" but I never condoned all the illegal activity he tried to relate to me as "respect" and "brotherhood" oriented. Macho gang bullcrap.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

Quote Originally Posted by wizardwatson View Post
    FALSE.
    And my stepson had to leave Oregon because he got hooked up with Cops running Meth.. They had him cooking for them.

He turned States evidence on them,,and when the case fell apart the States Attorney told him to leave the state..
    They are still hunting him.

Yeah,, some bikers are into some stuff. Not all. Do not believe the Hollywood Hype.

This is exactly the same $#@! they did with Militia.. Painting with a broad Brush.

Find one or two and make it ALL of them..
    Add in Fed "Informants" and you get folks like the Hutaree locked up for 2 years for nothing.
    And set up by the Feds in the Michigan Militia.
    Last edited by pcosmar; 05-18-2015 at 10:10 AM.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

And my stepson had to leave Oregon because he got hooked up with Cops running Meth.. They had him cooking for them.

He turned States evidence on them,,and when the case fell apart the States Attorney told him to leave the state..
    They are still hunting him.

Yeah,, some bikers are into some stuff. Not all. Do not believe the Hollywood Hype.

This is exactly the same $#@! they did with Militia.. Painting with a broad Brush.

Find on or two and make it ALL of them..
    Add in Fed "Informants" and you get folks like the Hutaree locked up for 2 years for nothing.
    And set up by the Feds in the Michigan Militia.
    Well, I'm only talking about one specific club. I'm aware there are divisions. 1% and 13% clubs are like I've described. There are "ABATE" type clubs and riders sure who just like to wear leather jackets, but if they are carrying knives and guns and getting into fights and have "colors", my advice would be to not associate at all with them.

Quote Originally Posted by wizardwatson View Post
    but if they are carrying knives and guns and getting into fights and have "colors", my advice would be to not associate at all with them.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    First I've heard of something like this. I suspect the dead were shot by cops too. I have heard of things that happen between hardcore bikers out of the public eye but it's generally a one off of someone ending up dead and no one really knows who did it.
    The media is not forthcoming with detail, leading me to believe all victims were shot by the police.

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne View Post
    The media is not forthcoming with detail, leading me to believe all victims were shot by the police.
    This could prove to be a rather large problem for the kops if true........

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Again with the "one side is good and one side is bad" crap. Am I saying the bikers are bad but the cops are good?

It's like every discussion we have on RPF someone has to be morally better.

Are the jihadists the good guys or the mohammed cartoonists the good guys?
    Are the looters the good guys or are the cops the good guys?
    Are the bikers the good guys or are the cops the good guys?

Best to just assume there are no good guys. You will be right 99% of the time.

I have been a 1% since my teens. I have never been a member of any club, but have known folks in several.

I have been a member of ABATE in years past.

I have partied in "Biker Bars" to the point of waking up still inside in the morning..

and would again. but I wouldn't go there with folks who will wet themselves over being in a room with large leather clad men.

(and I am not a large man)

They can be loud,,and rowdy.. and serious. And still be good people..(even if they sell substances deemed illegal)

And yes,,there are $#@!s everywhere in the world.

I am just not inclined to believe the police induced media hype on this story.
    Last edited by pcosmar; 05-18-2015 at 10:32 AM.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Biker Gang shooting in Waco, TX

http://m.wacotrib.com/news/breaking-...ef08a2a87.html

Officers said there were multiple types of weapons used, including guns, chains, knives, bats and clubs.

"There were maybe 30 guns being fired in the parking lot, maybe 100 rounds,” said Michelle Logan, 37, who was at Twin Peaks at the time of the shooting and said she knows some of the victims. “They just opened fire.”

UPDATE, 4:00 p.m.(CDT): At least nine people are confirmed dead in a shooting around noon Sunday at Twin Peaks restaurant, said Waco police Sgt. W. Patrick Swanton. All of the fatalities are members of biker gangs. No patrons, servers or less enforcement officials were killed, Swanton said.There is a very significant increase in law enforcement in McLennan County right now, Swanton said. Local, county, state and federal agencies are involved in investigations.

DPS and intelligence agents were working on the investigation long before today and Waco police have been aware of the inquest for more than a month, said Swanton.

Twin Peaks and Don Carlos were closed down after the shooting, and witnesses are being questioned on the scene and at the police department, according to the sergeant.“The management wanted them here,” Swanton said of Twin Peaks officials. “Management knew that there were issues, and we were here, but they continued to let those groups of people into their business.”There were at least three rival gangs on the scene when the shooting occurred, Swanton said.

At least 12 Waco officers, including a SWAT team, and other DPS troopers were at Twin Peaks or in the immediate area when the incident broke out.Waco police officers moved in and did fire rounds during the incident, Swanton said, praising their quick response.

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne View Post
    I suspect they did too. They were sitting in the parking lot waiting for something to happen. I'm sure they can't scrub all eyewitness accounts.

This could prove to be a rather large problem for the kops if true........
    They are arresting anyone on two wheels presently..
    Folks totally uninvolved are targeted.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

I have been a 1% since my teens. I have never been a member of any club, but have known folks in several.

I have been a member of ABATE in years past.

I have partied in "Biker Bars" to the point of waking up still inside in the morning..

and would again. but I wouldn't go there with folks who will wet themselves over being in a room with large leather clad men.

(and I am not a large man)

They can be loud,,and rowdy.. and serious. And still be good people..(even if they sell substances deemed illegal)

True..and depending on who it is they can unload a 9mm in your face. Some of them murder people..it's not just drugs. Could be drug related or any number of issues. The majority of bikers are good people. The majority of some 1% clubs are not necessarily good people.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They are arresting anyone on two wheels presently..
    Folks totally uninvolved are targeted.
    That'll never backfire....

That'll never backfire....
    http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/W...304043711.html
    Police have arrested and jailed more than 165 members of rival motorcycle gangs and were on the watch for any more violence Monday morning after nine people died in a Sunday afternoon shooting at at the Twin Peaks restaurant in Waco.

All arrested suspects have been charged with engaging in organized criminal activity, but some could face more charges as the investigation continues.

At least two bikers were arrested in the early morning hours on Monday as they rode into town, but their identities and charges were not made public.
    Seems they are inviting a lot of lawsuits.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

No citizens’ video?

I can’t get past how clean and relaxed everyone looks! Everyones hair is neatly trimmed. Everyone’s clothing looks brand new - no rips, holes, not even any fraying at the hems. I have spotted only one guy with some stains on his jeans. Otherwise, there’s no blood, bruises or dirt on any one.

And most of them are wearing the exact same shade of sort-of-mottled, mid-blue jeans.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wacoshootingkarr4779582237_t1070_hfff9683b923b452bfac46f5b0b067cdbd4eaf9dd.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	161.7 KB 
ID:	4144

Name:	JJ68DBI-360.jpg 
Size:	24.4 KB 
ID:	4146

Even this cop. (guy on the left, perhaps both)

Name:	622x350.jpg 
Size:	33.1 KB 
ID:	4143

Usually they release some names and mug shots of the alleged dead by now.
    I’m not even convinced that anybody’s dead.
    Too fake!

ok, but were any cops hurt?

I have never been attacked,, harassed, or arrested by any of the several Bike Clubs I have had contact with.

I have always found them to be good folks.. And have been at events with several "rival" clubs without incident.

I suspect this was provoked by the police themselves.
    I concur as well.

I have ridden and associated with clubs in the past, and it was almost always the case that when there was friction and shootouts, it could be traced back to cop provocateurs/informants.

I'd trust a 1% OMC member more than the cops.

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    ok, but were any cops hurt?
    No patrons, servers or less (sic) enforcement officials were killed, Swanton said
    The heroes are OK.

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    In 2013, Bandidos head Jack Lewis was charged with stabbing two Cossacks outside a restaurant in Abilene, near Callahan County.
    The Cossacks are challenging the Bandidos' dominance in Texas by looking to form alliances with other gangs, such as the Hell's Angels, former undercover agent Steve Cook told Vox.
    Some reports claim that the Cossacks have started wearing Texas patches, which is a direct challenge to the Bandido's claim on Texas.

Which highlights the mentality. Everything is about territory and constant passive-aggressive challenges of others. For example, riding slow in the fast lane on a freeway, or standing and blocking places where people need to pass, such as sidewalks and stairs. But what do I know, it's been two weeks since I've been in a room with MC members wearing their colors, and many, many years since I had (non 1%) MC members as roommates.
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 05-18-2015 at 11:52 AM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Out of perverse curiosity,, I googled "Waco Open Carry"
    http://www.wacotrib.com/news/ap_texa...77a20ee3e.html

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — Legalizing open carry of handguns in Texas is beginning the final approach to Republican Gov. Greg Abbott's desk.

The last two weeks of the legislative session begin Monday. It started in January with expanded gun rights ranking among the biggest priorities for Republicans, who swiftly passed bills that would allow licensed Texas gun owners to carry their handguns.

Texas is only of only six states that don't allow some form of open carry.

A Senate committee Monday could put final touches on an open-carry measure that Abbott has already said he'll sign into law.

Gun rights supporters also pushed lawmakers over the past five months to allow concealed handguns on college campuses. But resistance among university leaders has dimmed those prospects.

I can see both sides attempting to exploit this without knowing what really happened at all.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

https://www.facebook.com/BikerNewsNetwork?fref=nf
    From FB comments.
    Got a message from a friend in waco..he says that this was instigated by undercover LEO..and that the cops were already on scene at the mall before the fight broke out..hmmmm?
    Sounded like the cops were trying to force the place to stop having bike nights.
    If you actually read the story it sounds like the cops, not the bikers, were very likely the ones who did the killing... bad day either way.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast