Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Biker Shootout in Waco: Multiple fatalities

Default Biker Shootout in Waco: Multiple fatalities

. WACO: (May 17, 2015) Three rival motorcycle gangs turned a local restaurant into a shooting gallery Sunday afternoon and when the gunfire was over, nine people were dead and several were injured.

Waco police Sunday afternoon, assisted by Department of Public Safety troopers, police officers from several cities and deputies from the McLennan County Sheriff's Office were surrounding the Twin Peaks Restaurant, in the Central Texas Market Place after several people were reported shot during a rival motorcycle gang fight, Waco police Sgt. W. Patrick Swanton said.
    http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/W...ice=tablet&c=y

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Default Police: 9 dead from Texas shootout among rival biker gangs

WACO, Texas (AP) — Nine people were killed Sunday and some others injured after a shootout erupted among rival biker gangs at a Central Texas restaurant, sending patrons and bystanders fleeing for safety, a police spokesman said.

The violence erupted shortly after noon at a busy Waco marketplace along Interstate 35 that draws a large lunchtime crowd. Waco police Sgt. W. Patrick Swanton said eight people died at the scene of the shooting at Twin Peaks restaurant and another person at a hospital. It's not immediately clear if bystanders are among the dead.

Others were injured, Swanton said, but just how many and the severity of those injuries was not known.

"There are still bodies on the scene of the parking lot at Twin Peaks," he said. "There are bodies that are scattered throughout the parking lot of the next adjoining business."

A photo from the scene showed dozens of motorcycles parked in a lot. Among the bikes, at least three people wearing what looked like biker jackets were on the ground, two on their backs and one face down. Police were standing a few feet away in a group. Several other people also wearing biker jackets were standing or sitting nearby.

Swanton said police were aware in advance that at least three rival gangs would be gathering at the restaurant and at least 12 Waco officers in addition to state troopers were at the restaurant when the fight began.

When the shooting began in the restaurant and then continued outside, armed bikers were shot by officers, Swanton said, explaining that the actions of law enforcement prevented further deaths.

It's not known what triggered the violence but Swanton and McLennan County District Attorney Abel Reyna said tensions had simmered among rival gangs for months.

"Apparently the management (of Twin Peaks) wanted them here and so we didn't have any say-so on whether they could be here or not," Swanton said.

http://news.yahoo.com/multiple-injur...204703808.html
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Oops!

Last edited by Zippyjuan; 05-17-2015 at 05:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post

Half the crap I write here is just to entertain myself.
    I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

Wow. I have a family member working awful close to there today. He's fine. Prayers that this does not escalate more would be appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

riding through this world....

Banditos, Cossacks and who else?

Schimitars judging by the picture. http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/17/us/tex...ing/index.html
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

sundance says:
    May 17, 2015 at 5:43 pm
    This is a long way from being over. HUNDREDS of bikers are streaming into the area. Police are trying to swarm all over the city as retaliatory gunfights are breaking out all over.
    http://theconservativetreehouse.com/...es-in-gunfire/

From Drudge;

UPDATE: Police sergeant says Twin Peaks biker gang shooting ‘the most violent crime scene I have ever been involved in’

http://www.wacotrib.com/news/police/...ef08a2a87.html

UPDATE, 6:00 p.m.: Waco police Sgt. W. Patrick Swanton said part of the altercation that preceded Sunday’s biker gang shooting at Twin Peaks started in a restroom, spilled into bar, then into the parking lot.
    At least two of the gangs were trying to do some recruiting in the area Sunday, and Twin Peaks was a known place for that kind of activity, Swanton said. Multiple law enforcement sources confirmed that the Bandidos and Cossacks biker gangs were at the center of the incident.
    “In 34 years of law enforcement, this is the most violent crime scene I have ever been involved in,” Swanton said.
    “There is blood everywhere. We will probably approach the number of 100 weapons.”
    “What happened here today could have been avoided ... They failed and this is what happened,” referring to the Twin Peaks local management.
    “Next door were families dining in Don Carlos,” he added. “Twenty-five feet away there were families.”
    Swanton continued, “This is one of the worst gun fights we’ve ever had in the city limits. They started shooting at our officers.”
    He added, “None of our innocent civilians were injured today in this melee.”
    Officials are interviewing people of interest in multiple areas, he said, and while there are no other active crime scenes, there have been scuffles and disturbances throughout the city.
    “The unfortunate side of gangs such as these is that they work intel just like we do,” he said.
    Central Texas Marketplace was closed entirely Sunday because of additional bikers coming to the scene, including the three arrested earlier.
    UPDATE, 5:00 p.m.: Officials are hearing reports and seeing evidence of many biker gang members coming into town from throughout the state. In response, police are moving some witnesses to a secure location, said Waco police Sgt. W. Patrick Swanton.
    Multiple police sources confirmed that the Bandidos and Cossacks biker gangs were involved in Sunday’s shooting.
    Swanton said police have also stepped up the law enforcement presence in the area, but won’t say what else officials are doing to prepare.
    At least 18 people are confirmed injured, in addition to the nine confirmed dead. Most of the injured have gunshot or stab wounds, and some have suffered both. Some of those injured have been transferred to other hospitals for their own safety, Swanton said.
    Swanton added officials are in the process of shutting down all of Central Texas Marketplace.
    “We don’t feel it is safe to keep these businesses open,” Swanton said.
    Three additional biker gang members were arrested with weapons and taken to the McLennan County Jail on charges of engaging in organized crime. The sergeant said police will charge suspects with the most severe charges possible.
    There are still a large number of people being detained, he noted.
    “This is not something we’re playing around with,” Swanton said. “This is a major crime scene. ... It is a pretty gruesome scene.”
    UPDATE, 4:00 p.m.: At least nine people are confirmed dead in a shooting around noon Sunday at Twin Peaks restaurant, said Waco police Sgt. W. Patrick Swanton.
    All of the fatalities are members of biker gangs. No patrons, servers or law enforcement officials were killed, Swanton said.
    There is a very significant increase in law enforcement in McLennan County right now, Swanton said. Local, county, state and federal agencies are involved in investigations into the biker gangs.
    DPS and intelligence agents were working on the investigation long before today and Waco police have been aware of the inquest for more than a month, said Swanton.
    Twin Peaks and Don Carlos were closed down after the shooting, and witnesses are being questioned on the scene and at the police department, according to the sergeant.
    “The management wanted them here,” Swanton said of Twin Peaks officials. “Management knew that there were issues, and we were here, but they continued to let those groups of people into their business.”
    Brad Doan, general manager of the Twin Peaks at Central Texas Marketplace, said the restaurant did not have an immediate statement in response to the shootings or Swanton’s claim that Twin Peaks was not cooperative with police until after Sunday’s shootings. Doan referred all questions to Twin Peaks’ corporate management. They were unable to be immediately reached Sunday afternoon.
    Numerous people have been detained, but it is not clear how many people have been taken into custody.
    “A lot of innocent people could have been injured today,” Swanton said. “These are very dangerous, hostile criminal biker gangs.”
    There were at least three rival gangs on the scene when the shooting occurred, Swanton said, though he did not immediately provide the names of the gangs.
    At least 12 Waco officers, including a SWAT team, and other DPS troopers were at Twin Peaks or in the immediate area when the incident broke out.
    Waco police officers moved in and did fire rounds during the incident, Swanton said, praising their quick response.
    “Their action has saved lives by keeping this from spilling into a busy Sunday morning,” he said.
    Eight people were confirmed dead on the scene and one other at the hospital, Swanton added.
    Helicopters continued to fly overhead about 4 p.m., and officials asked citizens not to come near the area.
    ORIGINAL STORY: Multiple people were killed or injured in a shooting that started just after noon Sunday inside Twin Peaks restaurant in Central Texas Marketplace and involved two biker gangs.
    Officials would not immediately release information about the number of people who were either killed or injured.
    Police also would not immediately say if any of the injured parties were restaurant servers or patrons but said no law-enforcement officials were injured, said Waco police Sgt. W. Patrick Swanton.
    The altercation began inside Twin Peaks and spilled into the parking lot, Swanton said.
    One witness described the dangerous, chaotic scene as something akin to a war zone.
    “There were maybe 30 guns being fired in the parking lot, maybe 100 rounds,” said Michelle Logan, 37, who was at Twin Peaks at the time of the shooting and said she knows some of the victims.
    “They just opened fire.”
    Logan said she saw several people injured by the shooting.
    “There’s a lot of people in the hospital, a lot of people shot,” she said, adding that people scattered after the shooting began.
    The incident did not appear to be random, Logan said.
    “It was a set up,” she said.
    The meeting between the two biker gangs was being monitored by police before the incident started, Swanton said, after officials became aware that the gangs were frequenting the establishment.
    Swanton said management at the restaurant was not cooperative with police until after the shooting Sunday.
    Officers quickly had bikers at gunpoint after the altercation moved into the parking lot. Suspects were being held at bay as far from the doors of Twin Peaks as the Interstate 35 access road.
    Officials called the scene “secure but active” as of about 2:30 p.m.
    Officers said there were multiple types of weapons used, including guns, chains, knives, bats and clubs.
    Officers from Lacy Lakeview, the McLennan County Sheriff’s Office and multiple other agencies were on scene, as well as ambulances from as far as Limestone County.
    Officials locked down Don Carlos restaurant, which is next door to Twin Peaks.
    It was not immediately known how many people were taken into custody.
    Victims were taken to both Baylor Scott & White Hillcrest Medical Center and Providence Health Center.
    I-35 traffic has been diverted from the area.
    Officials would not release more information about the circumstances of the incident, or if it was related to others throughout the city.

UPDATE: Police sergeant says Twin Peaks biker gang shooting ‘the most violent crime scene I have ever been involved in’
    No $#@!. The only thing of similar scale in Central Texas in the past 20 years that I know of was the big shooting at Ft. Hood. Of course, the slaughter of the Branch Davidians was the worst, about 22 years ago.
    Last edited by William Tell; 05-17-2015 at 05:39 PM.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative...e-3157118.html

Apparently police were involved in the gunfight. Waco is currently being invaded by Bandidos and Cossacks. There WILL be retaliation. Stay tuned…

At least 12 Waco officers, including a SWAT team, and other DPS troopers were at Twin Peaks or in the immediate area when the incident broke out.
    good job boys! got some good front row seats to the melee.

body count now 10

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

at the risk of offending someone here, there really is something baffling about middle aged men being in "motorcycle gangs." I can't even blame it on viet-nam or the '70s anymore. guess it's just tough for some to grow up and be respectful adults.
    Seattle Sounders 2016 MLS Cup Champions - and the [un]official football club of RPF

Who are the Cossacks and Schimitars? Support clubs for? I've heard of Bandidos, they are an OMC.

Looks like there was a clear winner in which gang won the shootout
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Rand Paul (Vice Pres) 2016!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by surf View Post
    at the risk of offending someone here, there really is something baffling about middle aged men being in "motorcycle gangs." I can't even blame it on viet-nam or the '70s anymore. guess it's just tough for some to grow up and be respectful adults.
    It's organized crime. What's baffling about it?

"Also, Dude, 'motorcycle gang' is not the preferred nomenclature. 'Motorcycle Club', please." - Walter

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    body count now 10
    Any kops?

...I'm waiting to review the F.L.I.R. drone video before accepting any "official" story.

I hope there was no collateral damage during the exchange! One of the club members
    probably initiated force against the other(s). It could have been an accidental discharge
    while installing the gun's safety lock or even the sight of a dog that got those bullets flying...

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    At least two of the gangs were trying to do some recruiting in the area Sunday
    How many federal agents were involved?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Goodness. What is it with Waco, anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    Goodness. What is it with Waco, anyway?
    Nothing, actually. Its a rather large city by my standards, but it hardly ever makes national news. I go there all the time without incident. Very little noteworthy happens there. Therefor people out of state only think of it for the Branch Davidians. But that didn't even happen in Waco, it was out in the country miles away.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

How many federal agents were involved?
    Enough I would never be there for sure .

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Banditos, Cossacks and who else?
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Schimitars judging by the picture
    Apparently, there were a lot more gangs than just those three involved ...

Waco police Sunday afternoon, assisted by Department of Public Safety troopers, police officers from several cities and deputies from the McLennan County Sheriff's Office were surrounding the Twin Peaks Restaurant
    Swanton said police were aware in advance that at least three rival gangs would be gathering at the restaurant and at least 12 Waco officers in addition to state troopers were at the restaurant when the fight began.

When the shooting began in the restaurant and then continued outside, armed bikers were shot by officers, [...]

So according to the police it was entirely the store managers fault. Also, were the bikers killed by other bikers or the police? I've read several articles and haven't seen that mentioned. I read one that said the bikers opened fire on the police so the police shot back, but nothing about who was killed by who.
    No more IRS.
    I am now old enough to vote.

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Nothing, actually. Its a rather large city by my standards, but it hardly ever makes national news. I go there all the time without incident. Very little noteworthy happens there. Therefor people out of state only think of it for the Branch Davidians. But that didn't even happen in Waco, it was out in the country miles away.
    I was thinking more of the (fertilizer plant?) explosion than the Branch Davidians, to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    I was thinking more of the (fertilizer plant?) explosion than the Branch Davidians, to be honest.
    Oh, yeah, the fertilizer plant explosion in the city of West, 10 or 15 miles north. Also not Waco.
    That's what Waco gets for being the largest city on the I-35 corridor between the DFW metroplex and Austin. People just think of it all as the Waco area. National media just labels events according to which local media markets they are near.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

I think I see the problem.

Fed instigators,, and local Cop Gang members had a shootout..

Bikers caught in crossfire.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Funniest part of the CNN article:

"Their action has saved lives in keeping this from spilling into a very busy Sunday morning," the spokesman said. "Thank goodness the officers were here, and took the action that they needed to take to save numerous lives."
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

At least the private sector equivalent of the modern day public sector law enforcement apparatus self destructs from time to time.

I'm very happy they are dead.

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast