Thread: Welcome to the world's newest country – the Kingdom of Enclava

Welcome to the world's newest country – the Kingdom of Enclava

The concept of Balkanisation has been taken to a new level with the creation of a brand new, self-declared country on the border between Slovenia and Croatia – the second such micro-nation to be formed in a month.

The Kingdom of Enclava is unlikely to be given international recognition any time soon but its founders insist it has every right to exist because it has been established on land claimed by neither the Croats nor Slovenes.

The 1,000 square foot patch of land is near the Slovenian town of Metlika and around 30 miles west of Croatia's capital, Zagreb.

It has been designated as the Kingdom of Enclava by a group of Poles who discovered that the land was "terra nullius" – no-man's-land.

Micro-nations have been proclaimed in different parts of the world for decades, but the trend has been spurred on by the growth of the internet, which has enabled their founders to attract attention and recruit thousands of 'virtual' citizens.

They are often born out of discontent or frustration with the established order and represent a way of thumbing one's nose at national authorities.
    Billed as "the smallest country in Europe", Enclava has no citizens as yet.

Despite being the size of a suburban garden, its founders claim to have plans to create a tax-free community of like-minded people, who will be able to choose from five official languages – English, Polish, Slovenian, Croatian and – bizarrely – Mandarin.

A constitution is being drawn up and so far more than 5,000 people have applied for honorary citizenship.

The idea is to "create a place, where everyone, regardless of skin colour, religion or nationality, will be able to express their opinions, study for free, and earn money without worrying about taxes", said Piotr Wawrzynkiewicz, one of the founders.

So far neither Slovenia nor Croatia has commented on the creation of Europe's newest, self-proclaimed country.

Enclava lies at the opposite end of Croatia from the similarly minuscule micro-nation of Liberland, a stretch of woodland on the banks of the Danube which was declared independent by its founders last month.

Its self-appointed ruler is Vit Jedlicka, a conservative, anti-EU Czech politician and admirer of Ukip.

Liberland has its own flag, which features an eagle and a sun, a constitution, and a motto – "To live and let live".

Like Enclava, Liberland has not been recognised by any other country but that has not stopped 300,000 people around the world from applying for citizenship.

"We are part of a great libertarian movement that is growing around the world. "Governments are becoming increasingly unpopular," Mr Jedlicka told The Telegraph.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...f-Enclava.html

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I am approve these shenanigans! I am very much approve!
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frιdιric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    I am approve these shenanigans! I am very much approve!
    Occupy an island on the Rio Grande and you're my hero

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post

Such an island would need a competent security force.

And a good network technician.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    Such an island would need a competent security force.

And a good network technician.
    It would also need a Suzanimal. I'm pretty useless but at least I'm entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post

The Rio Grande? No way! All the shiftless, mooching immigrants would just ruin the place.

"We want a welfare-warfare state! And a central bank to pay for it all! Just like in the Old Country!"

The ones from Mexico might not be so bad, though ...
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 05-16-2015 at 12:24 PM.

The 1,000 square foot patch of land...

....more than 5,000 people have applied for honorary citizenship.
    That works out to 28.8 square inches per person. Must be some skinny folks.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    That works out to 28.8 square inches per person. Must be some skinny folks.
    They could do like Hong Kong and build up. The site floods often anyways from what I have heard.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I see thousands of tax free bank accounts opening up!

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    But how are they going to provide protection in that case? As I've said in the other thread about "Liberland", they are likely going to have to charge something, call it a tax or a fee or whatever, in order to provide robust security otherwise they are unlikely to attract "normal" people & businesses.
    There is enormous inertia — a tyranny of the status quo — in private and especially governmental arrangements. Only a crisis — actual or perceived — produces real change. When that crisis occurs, the actions that are taken depend on the ideas that are lying around. That, I believe, is our basic function: to develop alternatives to existing policies, to keep them alive and available until the politically impossible becomes politically inevitable
    - Milton Friedman

But how are they going to provide protection in that case? As I've said in the other thread about "Liberland", they are likely going to have to charge something, call it a tax or a fee or whatever, in order to provide robust security otherwise they are unlikely to attract "normal" people & businesses.
    There is enormous inertia — a tyranny of the status quo — in private and especially governmental arrangements. Only a crisis — actual or perceived — produces real change. When that crisis occurs, the actions that are taken depend on the ideas that are lying around. That, I believe, is our basic function: to develop alternatives to existing policies, to keep them alive and available until the politically impossible becomes politically inevitable
    - Milton Friedman

Chester Copperpot

virtual citizenship.. never thought about that. hmm

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Or Nothing II View Post
    digital currency on a protected server? how many of us actually carry cash anymore?

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

digital currency on a protected server? how many of us actually carry cash anymore?
    Do you think it's so easy to get on the international payments system? Do you think the major governments around the world won't have a say in it? Plenty of the major governments are already squirming about pre-existing tax havens under the guise of "money-laundering, terrorist-funding, etc" at a time when they are hungry for more taxes as the global recession deepens......

Edit - By the way, I like your signature
    - Milton Friedman

First they need roads into their island. Then physical infrastructure. Unless it is going to be a tent city of backpackers and boats. A long ways away from becoming the center of anything. Assuming Slovenia and Croatia allow them to.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    First they need roads into their island. Then physical infrastructure. Unless it is going to be a tent city of backpackers and boats. A long ways away from becoming the center of anything. Assuming Slovenia and Croatia allow them to.
    More like, they need a skyscraper, cus the country is only 1000 sq ft of land
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Just noted they do have some dirt roads. https://www.google.com/maps/search/l...m1!1e3!6m1!1e1

Entry is from Slovenian side (unless you take the Danube).

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    I bet that most people here live in houses larger than 1,000 square feet,my house is 1,350,over one third bigger,and it is hardly large.

If you ran a road into my house,you might have room left over for a tent city of five tents,if they were really friendly.
    Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

A police state is a small price to pay for living in the freest country on earth.

Oops, I did not realize that this is a different "micro nation" from the one previously discussed- Liberland. It is larger and is the one with roads I mentioned. Yeah- my one bedroom condo is over 700 square feet. 1000 square feet would be about say 20 feet by 50 feet.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ntry-in-Europe
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 05-17-2015 at 04:54 PM.