Thread: The Moment - 8 Years Ago (Paul vs. Guiliani)

Thumbs up The Moment - 8 Years Ago (Paul vs. Guiliani)

It was eight years ago last night when this happened, brought the concepts of liberty and intelligent foreign policy to a lot of peoples lives.

Thank you Dr. Paul for everything you've done.

Last edited by orenbus; 05-16-2015 at 02:32 AM.
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The lion of liberty.

I watched that video countless times and I just realized that Ron Paul never made the statement that Guiliani invited him to retract. The moderator said it. Dr. Paul didn't concern himself with that error, he just continued on schooling the viewers.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

I remember this moment vividly. I was standing (pacing, couldn't sit still) in my living room, and my heart was racing. I was pissed and then Ron just came back and schooled them. I screamed booya mother f'ers, and broke into my happy dance. Thanks so much for posting this and thanks for the memory.
    Last edited by liberalnurse; 05-16-2015 at 08:49 AM.
    “But let it not be said that we did nothing. Let not those who love the power of the welfare/warfare state label the dissenters of authoritarianism as unpatriotic or uncaring. Patriotism is more closely linked to dissent than it is to conformity and a blind desire for safety and security. Understanding the magnificent rewards of a free society makes us unbashful in its promotion, fully realizing that maximum wealth is created and the greatest chance for peace comes from a society respectful of individual liberty.”

― Ron Paul

Chester Copperpot

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Rogue View Post
    I watched that video countless times and I just realized that Ron Paul never made the statement that Guiliani invited him to retract. The moderator said it. Dr. Paul didn't concern himself with that error, he just continued on schooling the viewers.
    Im having a hard time understanding exactly what youre saying... can you tell me the timestamp your talking about?

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Mitrosky View Post
    Im having a hard time understanding exactly what youre saying... can you tell me the timestamp your talking about?
    I spot it too . . .
    at about 2:49 mark Guiliani is saying he never heard anyone say it that way before - that "we invited" the attack -
    RP never used those words, he did then clarify he means "blowback" a CIA term/reference.

Jan2017

Then, the after-debate show . . .
    This was the first GOP debate in May 2007 (rather poor quality youtube here, but RP so energetic) -
    within a month there were "Meet-Up" groups spontaneously popping up as a grassroots organization idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post
    Then, the after-debate show . . .
    This was the first GOP debate in May 2007 (rather poor quality youtube here, but RP so energetic) -
    within a month there were "Meet-Up" groups spontaneously popping up as a grassroots organization idea.

Love Ron's answer on abortion. He's right. Pro-abortion "libertarians" do not really defend a position of liberty.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    It was eight years ago last night when this happened, brought the concepts of liberty and intelligent foreign policy to a lot of peoples lives.

Thank you Dr. Paul for everything you've done.

Daymn, time flies! Seems like that was just yesterday. That was the debate that made my parents angry at RP, as they were Limbaugh-bots. Taking such an anti-RL sort of position is just evil to them. (they're elderly too, which hinders their judgement)
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Daymn, time flies! Seems like that was just yesterday. That was the debate that made my parents angry at RP, as they were Limbaugh-bots. Taking such an anti-RL sort of position is just evil to them. (they're elderly too, which hinders their judgement)
    mebbe you should move out of their basement.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. - Thomas Jefferson.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Mitrosky View Post

I spot it too . . .
    at about 2:49 mark Guiliani is saying he never heard anyone say it that way before - that "we invited" the attack -
    RP never used those words, he did then clarify he means "blowback" a CIA term/reference.
    Yes, that is it. Just a technicality I guess, noting that Guiliani miss quoted Ron Paul and actually quoted the debate moderator.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

In my eyes, the single most important moment in American politcal debate history. Our grandkids will be watching this exchange 50 years from now.
    Rand Paul for Peace

As the sheeple cheered Rudy's false comments, Ron calmly explained the truth to silence. I will never forget this moment.
    If I was a statist, this would rock me back: YouTube - Michael Badnarik on liberty

Back when I was an optimist...

Think where we'd be today if he made it into office.

That debate was held after they started busing in Party hacks. In the first few debates, Ron Paul was the only one who received overwhelming applauses.

Take a bow, Ron.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Take a bow, Ron.
    The bad thing about being Ron Paul is that you're demonstrably, repeatedly right about srs $#@! and nary a person gives a flying $#@!.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    The bad thing about being Ron Paul is that you're demonstrably, repeatedly right about srs $#@! and nary a person gives a flying $#@!.
    I tried to send you a PM but the box is full...

I have seen anybody crunch "official" number since that 8 times figure.

But off the top of my head, it is at least up to ten times more likely
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Chester Copperpot

I spot it too . . .
    Ok got it.. had a hard time understanding the way the other quote was stated.. but youre right.. I never even noticed it until now... Giuliani is responding to the moderator's assumption, and not to RP's answer...

Chester Copperpot

dupe post
    Last edited by Chester Copperpot; 05-31-2015 at 06:49 AM.

Eight years ago that moment was supposed to bury us. Now we're on the cusp of watching the Patriot Act die.

Ponder that for a moment.

I remember.

But I remember some different highlights.

I was enjoying some beers and took a later boat. I heard all about it the next day (back on the Island).

Good times.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom