Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marco Rubio starts petition to KEEP the NSA

Marco Rubio starts petition to KEEP the NSA

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Man he's just unabashedly authoritarian on this. Either he doesn't realize where grassroots conservatives stand on this, or he just doesn't care.

Supporting Member
    Florida

Blog Entries
    He see's "conservatives" standing for the NSA and PATRIOT Act, and I've noticed some, but not many. What these "conservatives" fail to realize is the vast amounts of power this agency has, this law is beholding to all it grants power to, and just how unconstitutional they really are. But, of course, these "conservatives" don't really care about the 4th Amendment, or limited government, except when they make good catch phrases in campaigns.

Maybe the nsa has something on Rubio.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

Part of the cabal

//
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. - Thomas Jefferson.

Is anyone seriously talking about getting rid of the NSA?

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    No. Rubio's trying of blur the lines of the debate.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    What's the point of this tweet? Noone is even talking about ending the NSA to begin with.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

And why no tweet for the TSA? The TSA is equally as essential, if not more so
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by bxm042 View Post
    And why no tweet for the TSA? The TSA is equally as essential, if not more so
    Have you signed yet?
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Have you signed yet?
    Bulk metadata includes phone numbers, the time and duration of calls — nothing else. No content of any phone calls is collected. The government is not listening to your phone calls or recording them unless you are a terrorist or talking to a terrorist outside the United States.
    dear NSA observing this conversation. I am NOT a bad Giraffe.
    and,
    this is the ONLY place that I am known to associate with them.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. - Thomas Jefferson.

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    Sadly, no.

The good news for us is regular Fox News conservatives don't really care one way or another about the NSA. Foreign wars is a different story. I'm surprised Rubio is doing this....maybe he's just testing the response?

EDIT: ok maybe I shouldn't be surprised. He has this banner:

SAAAAAAAAAFFFFETY
    Last edited by EBounding; 05-15-2015 at 10:11 PM.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    The good news for us is regular Fox News conservatives don't really care one way or another about the NSA. Foreign wars is a different story. I'm surprised Rubio is doing this....maybe he's just testing the response?
    I'm sure it's because of the news that Rand plans to filibuster. The majority of the GOP base thinks it's a good thing....Murica.

Quote Originally Posted by HVACTech View Post
    dear NSA observing this conversation. I am NOT a bad Giraffe.
    and,
    this is the ONLY place that I am known to associate with them.
    I can attest to this, HVACTech is one of the good kids.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I thought I was safe... until I saw that banner... now I'm not so sure... kinda scared actually that maybe I'm not safe
    - Kim Kardashian

Pathetic dude.
    We must provide those we charge with protecting us every tool they need to do so.

Today our nation faces a greater threat of terrorist attack than any time since Sept. 11, 2001. Because of the dedicated work of U.S. intelligence, military and law enforcement personnel, Americans have been largely kept safe for almost 14 years. A major contributor to this success has been the development and use of counterterrorism tools such as those authorized under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act and Patriot Act.

After the Sept. 11 attacks, the federal government mobilized to defend the country and prevent further loss of innocent life. This included the NSA’s collection of bulk telephone metadata.

Bulk metadata includes phone numbers, the time and duration of calls — nothing else. No content of any phone calls is collected. The government is not listening to your phone calls or recording them unless you are a terrorist or talking to a terrorist outside the United States.

Despite recent court rulings, this program has not been found unconstitutional, and the courts have not ordered a halt to the program.

In fact, this program has been found legal and constitutional by at least 15 federal judges serving on the FISA Court on 35 occasions.

There is not a single documented case of abuse of this program. Internet search providers, Internet-based email accounts, credit card companies and membership discount cards used at the grocery store all collect far more personal information on Americans than the bulk metadata program.

FBI Director James Comey warned last week that potentially, thousands of terrorist sympathizers in the United States are being self-radicalized online by foreign terrorists associated with the Islamic State who are urging them to conduct attacks against Americans in our cities and towns.

Given these threats, now is not the time to end this program, which remains essential to our security. Congress has until the end of May to act before the current authorities expire. We must renew these authorities and provide those we charge with protecting us every tool they need to do so.
    View the article as it originally appeared here.
    These programs remain essential to our security. Add your name if you agree!
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by bxm042 View Post
    What's the point of this tweet? Noone is even talking about ending the NSA to begin with.
    We just need to petition harder. If we can get more signers than Rubio, we'll win!
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Today our nation faces a greater threat of terrorist attack than any time since Sept. 11, 2001. Because of the dedicated work of U.S. intelligence, military and law enforcement personnel, Americans have been largely kept safe for almost 14 years. A major contributor to this success has been the development and use of counterterrorism tools such as those authorized under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act and Patriot Act.
    QFT
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

"When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

Paul should keep this tweet in a file.Typical politician's misdirection.if Rubio will lie once.quite openly.he is not fit to be President

Now is also NOT the time to get rid of the Senate.
    - Kim Kardashian

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What a ridiculous weasel Marco is..

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeCoulter View Post
    Hee hee. LOL.

freaking RINO POS

Marco, you can't scare me. I will not live in fear.
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

lol, he changed the banner on his NSA petition to something slightly less authoritarian:

Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast