Thread: Baltimore corrections officers accused of looting during riots

Baltimore corrections officers accused of looting during riots

BALTIMORE -- Two Baltimore corrections officers were allegedly caught on camera looting a 7-Eleven store during last month's riots, reports CBS Baltimore.

Tamika Cobb and Kendra Richard have been suspended without pay after being charged with theft and burglary.

Police said Cobb and Richard could be seen on surveillance camera leaving the closed 7-Eleven with merchandise.

Police say a tip led them to review video footage that allegedly showed the pair looting, during rioting that erupted after Freddie Gray, a black man, suffered mortal injuries while in police custody.

"Our Intelligence and Investigative Division did an outstanding job, immediately following up on this tip," said Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services Secretary Stephen T. Moyer. "We will not allow the vast majority of our employees who are honest and hardworking to be tainted by the actions of a few."

Both women had been assigned to a downtown Baltimore Division of Correction facility.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/baltimor...-during-riots/
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by aGameOfThrones View Post
    Does anyone actually believe that this is even possible? I mean, they took oath's to uphold the law didn't they? Maybe the real perps are some distant cousins or doppelgangers or something?

Quote Originally Posted by navy-vet View Post
    Does anyone actually believe that this is even possible? I mean, they took oath's to uphold the law didn't they? Maybe the real perps are some distant cousins or doppelgangers or something?
    I for one refuse to believe it. After all they keep us safe from all those dangerous drug offenders.
    "The Patriarch"

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    I for one refuse to believe it. After all they keep us safe from all those dangerous drug offenders.
    There ya go, there's another point to be considered in this.....witch hunt.

The Bastiat Collection ˇ FREE PDF ˇ FREE EPUB ˇ PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

ˇ tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ˇ

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    "The Patriarch"

I am approve the Chief's shenanigans.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Serious question, if you know that a store would be looted anyway and u have a chance to loot, would you do it if nobody was looking?

Disclaimer to anyone who tries to accuse me of condoning looting, I am not condoning looting. It is wrong 100% of the time.

I think I would loot the items before the other looter came in and return the items back to the store owner after the dust settles

I think I would loot the items before the other looter came in and return the items back to the store owner after the dust settles
    Hmmm, that doesn't seem like a very good plan.
    "The Patriarch"

Hmmm, that doesn't seem like a very good plan.
    Actually the more I think about it, the more likely I think I will take essentials and then pay the store owner back later. I could be wrong but I think said owner would be grateful that some of his property were salvaged as opposed to total loss

That or he will press charges on me for theft and I will be screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Actually the more I think about it, the more likely I think I will take essentials and then pay the store owner back later. I could be wrong but I think said owner would be grateful that some of his property were salvaged as opposed to total loss

How so? You could just return the stuff (or the cash equivalent) anonymously.
    (One of the conditions of your hypothetical was that no one would know you had looted ...)
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 05-15-2015 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    I don't know about society, but the state sure is.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by navy-vet View Post
    I don't think corrections officers fall under the scope of the thin blue line... their jobs aren't dangerous enough as they don't even carry guns
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Wouldn't it be a lot easier to just guard it with weapons?
    "The Patriarch"

That would probably depend on if the cops thought you were scabbing on them when you did that.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Put my life on the line for someone's property? I am nice but I don't think I am that nice.

Serious question, if you know that a store would be looted anyway and u have a chance to loot, would you do it if nobody was looking?
    It depends, is it an electronics store, a furniture store, or a book store?
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by bxm042 View Post
    It depends, is it an electronics store, a furniture store, or a book store?
    It's a CVS store and nobody will know.

These are the people who can get you the good $#@! on the inside!