Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Video] Rand Paul on Meet the Press w/ Chuck Todd 5/17/15

[Video] Rand Paul on Meet the Press w/ Chuck Todd 5/17/15

update:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQeifFnFSW8

--

Last edited by jct74; 05-19-2015 at 09:47 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'll be watching. Finally a decent guest.

Two men, four first names, let the battle begin!

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Two men, four first names, let the battle begin!
    Hahaha, +rep to you my friend.

Edit: oops, gotta spread it around first. Doh!
    "Freedom, then Pizza!" - Oklahoma State GOP Convention 5/11/2012

My prediction for the topics:
    -Jeb Bush's comments about Iraq. Todd will find a way to connect this to Ron.
    -Expiration of the patriot act and the recent NSA ruling. Why he opposes the USA Freedom Act, and what his alternative is.
    -Death of Abu Sayeff in Syria. He'll be asked whether he thinks the US will do more.
    -Meeting with CBC about CJR. May be asked again about his Baltimore train comments.
    -Stephanopoulos Donations.-Tsarnaev Verdict and the death penalty.

I think he has a good chance to win the debate on foreign policy, the more he exposes the neo con agenda the better he looks. He needs to say, we need to stop doing the same thing and electing the same people while expecting different results. He needs to say if you elect hillarybush we will get war, if you support me i will keep you safe without sending our kids to die.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Video cuts off at 10:00 mark again, not sure why Rand's uploaders keep doing that. But I think it was at pretty close to the end of the interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwAeFAFYxTE
    Last edited by jct74; 05-17-2015 at 09:07 AM.

How'd he do?

-Virgil

I get so frustrated when I watch Rand interviews. He's clearly head and shoulders above anyone else who's running and at the same time he sucks.

Rand did an excellent job in this interview. I especially liked his education ideas, which is really a unique way of looking at it and I think it will be a popular position across the board except perhaps teacher's unions :-p
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

The education subject is so important to winning.
    When students hear the message of being able to attend an online college level class, with a Harvard or MIT instructor that is dirt cheap compared to what they would pay if they where in that professors class room, they will vote for him just for the opportunity and the savings. This is a very powerful way to attract not only youth, but stay at home parents, specifically women who want to finish their degrees. This needs to be pushed, because it is the youth, female and minority vote that will win Rand the election.

Good job by Rand.

On the discussion of education at the end, Chuck Todd is either playing dumb or is simply a statist simpleton. Todd tried to equate having the best teachers teach more students, presumably via the internet, with centrally controlled and planned education by the government in the form of Common Core. Only an imbecile could think that those have to go together.

Having a popular and effective internet teacher in no way requires central government control.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by robertwerden View Post
    When students hear the message of being able to attend an online college level class, with a Harvard or MIT instructor that is dirt cheap compared to what they would pay if they where in that professors class room, they will vote for him just for the opportunity and the savings. This is a very powerful way to attract not only youth, but stay at home parents, specifically women who want to finish their degrees. This needs to be pushed, because it is the youth, female and minority vote that will win Rand the election.
    It hits on several levels.

First, it provides access to lower income Americans.
    Next, it provides access even outside of America - Good for a nation of immigrants.
    Next, it provides a huge money-making proposition to people like Peter Thiel who has been pushing this idea. Deep pockets.
    Then, it gets the teachers' unions fired up. But in a way that there is no mistaking who they are really concerned about. Hint: it ain't the kids.
    Finally, it helps with a younger generation that is looking for new ideas for old problems.

This issue is a winner. Hopefully, he baited some unions with this discussion...
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Intelligent poor people have no problem acquiring an education in the US. The middle wage or upper middle wage earners are the ones that are suffering.

Quote Originally Posted by ctiger2 View Post
    I get so frustrated when I watch Rand interviews. He's clearly head and shoulders above anyone else who's running and at the same time he sucks.
    Go on?
    "Freedom, then Pizza!" - Oklahoma State GOP Convention 5/11/2012

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Having a popular and effective internet teacher in no way requires central government control.
    Khan Academy FTW!
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 05-17-2015 at 12:06 PM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Oh yes! Rand also praised it before.

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    Intelligent poor people have no problem acquiring an education in the US. The middle wage or upper middle wage earners are the ones that are suffering.

That's not something you would say if you went to a crummy inner city school where many of the students can't even read, and many don't graduate. At home they have failed families, so their parents can't compensate the crappy education they receive at school.

Besides, at an early stage in a childs development, I seriously doubt that there are dumb kids and smart kids - unless there is some brain damage. The human mind can develop extraordinary - especially at an early age, but it needs inspiration and dedication to do so. I know 5-year old kids that are fluent in english, norwegian and then a third language. (usually the mother tongue of one of the parents) They didn't learn it because they are smart - they automatically learned it because they where exposed to it regularly. It's the same with maths, they will learn it easily if somebody inspires them to like it, and pushes them to work on it regulary. That's the power of the human brain.
    Last edited by Foreigner; 05-17-2015 at 12:34 PM.

Haha...I feel the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by RabbitMan View Post
    Go on?
    It's as simple as this. I loathe politicians. Politicians & News Media hate(d) Ron Paul. Therefore, I loved Ron Paul. Everytime they attacked him, I felt like they were attacking me personally. When Ron didn't back down, it brought a sense of euphoria into my body. I felt a deep bond to the guy. Rand is an enigma to me, divided between politician & principle. He'll say something principled and I'll start to resonate, then he switches to politician and it really turns me off. I want to like him, but I just can't do it, so it essentially makes me angry listening to him. I should probably just ignore him from now on, better for my health.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's as simple as this. I loathe politicians.
    Lesson One in the garnering/exercise of power:

Never try to take the politics out of politics...
    "We have allowed our Nation to be overtaxed, and over-regulated, and overrun by bureaucrats. The Founders would be ashamed of us for what we're putting up with."

Never try to take the "politics" out of politics.

Quote Originally Posted by robertwerden View Post
    yes, that is an awesome, forward-thinking proposal. First I've heard about it. Has he been talking about this?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    It hits on several levels.

First, it provides access to lower income Americans.
    Next, it provides access even outside of America - Good for a nation of immigrants.
    Next, it provides a huge money-making proposition to people like Peter Thiel who has been pushing this idea. Deep pockets.
    Then, it gets the teachers' unions fired up. But in a way that there is no mistaking who they are really concerned about. Hint: it ain't the kids.
    Finally, it helps with a younger generation that is looking for new ideas for old problems.

This issue is a winner. Hopefully, he baited some unions with this discussion...
    Exactly, it's very refreshing to see genuinely innovative ideas being proposed. The education system in this nation has flaws and far too often those on the right have ceded the issue to leftists who just talk about "investing" in education, or a conservative will just talk of vague "reform" or vouchers. What Rand is talking about is more specific and very forwarding looking. It's truly "progressive."
    “When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank. You tell me that if I take the deposits from the bank and annul its charter I shall ruin ten thousand families. That may be true, gentlemen, but that is your sin! Should I let you go on, you will ruin fifty thousand families, and that would be my sin! You are a den of vipers and thieves. I have determined to rout you out, and by the Eternal, I will rout you out!”
    ― Andrew Jackson

It's as simple as this. I loathe politicians. Politicians & News Media hate(d) Ron Paul. Therefore, I loved Ron Paul. Everytime they attacked him, I felt like they were attacking me personally. When Ron didn't back down, it brought a sense of euphoria into my body. I felt a deep bond to the guy. Rand is an enigma to me, divided between politician & principle. He'll say something principled and I'll start to resonate, then he switches to politician and it really turns me off. I want to like him, but I just can't do it, so it essentially makes me angry listening to him. I should probably just ignore him from now on, better for my health.
    His voting record should give you europhia. He talks like a politician but votes like Ron Paul.

That's understandable, but at the same time, if he tried to get your support he would have no chance at all to win the GOP nomination.

Excellent work by Rand!

On the other hand, Todd's biases were showing clearly.

Trying to insinuate that Rand was a fan of Saddam, trying to insinuate that Rand sympathizes with Iran, and then most obviously - his idiotic remark about education. One teacher teaching millions of students via the internet =/= nationalized education (duh$#@!?). Does he think "nationalized" means "nation-wide"? What an idiot. I actually don't think that one was a smear attempt (or if it was it a really pathetic one), more a reflection of Todd's own confusion. Rand fumbled slightly on his answer, presumably because he couldn't believe that Todd was actually saying the incredibly stupid thing he appeared to be saying.

I'm getting really sick of guys named Todd...

Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 05-17-2015 at 05:42 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast