Thread: "And a little piece of every OIF combat Vet died today." ((( Crickets )))

"And a little piece of every OIF combat Vet died today." ((( Crickets )))

Thread title is from @BullDodgeLax on twitter responding to this tweet:

@MaxVenator: So... Ramadi has fallen to ISIS.

OIF was "Operation Iraqi Freedom" was the code name for the 2003 illegal invasion of Iraq. Of course vets on the ground knew first hand that while they may not have had any right to be there, the enemy they were fighting were some disgusting human beings.

Ramadi, however, was won/lost (both sides disagree) in 2006 in the Battle of Ramadi where we lost an estimated 80 soldiers and 200+ wounded.

Do we really care about the imminent slaughter that is about to take place in Ramadi? Is it not our concern anymore? Should veterans care? Should I bother posting an article or should we continue discussing the poor defenseless duckies that were mercilessly slaughtered by a landscaper?

EDIT: Sorry, maybe confusing. Ramadi has fallen TODAY to ISIS. It is the capital of Iraq's western "Anbar" province. It is the second biggest city they have control of next to Mosul. It's big news, though it isn't getting much play. I guess we'll have to wait until they start doing mass executions before we pay attention. This offensive is obviously why ISIS leader released his video yesterday. He knew this was going to happen today.
    Last edited by wizardwatson; 05-15-2015 at 12:36 PM.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

You break it, you own it, you fix it - The New York Times
    www.nytimes.com/2004/10/17/.../17iht-saf18.html
    The New York Times
    Oct 18, 2004 - U.S. Secretary of State Colin Powell was quoted in "Plan of Attack" as ... the war that he would "own" Iraq and all its problems, after military victory. ... and Armitage called this the Pottery Barn rule: You break it, you own it.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post

The New York Times
    Oct 18, 2004 - U.S. Secretary of State Colin Powell was quoted in "Plan of Attack" as ... the war that he would "own" Iraq and all its problems, after military victory. ... and Armitage called this the Pottery Barn rule: You break it, you own it.
    My brother and sister are in the military. Brother is active but not deployed. He says this is a daily topic and veterans are pissed, mostly that Obama does nothing.

Nothing to see here, folks. Please return to obsessing about the presidential election which is meaningless until January of 2017.

Everything is under control. This is a long term strategy. The President is on top of it.

EVEN AFTER FALL OF RAMADI, WHITE HOUSE INSISTS ISIS MOMENTUM ‘BLUNTED’

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...entum-blunted/

The White House does not appear to believe that the mission to “degrade and destroy” Islamic State terrorists in Iraq has suffered a major setback despite the fall of Ramadi.

During the White House press briefing this afternoon, Deputy Press Secretary Eric Schultz admitted that ISIS was “attempting an offensive” in Ramadi, but added that coalition and Iraqi forces were still continuing to fight the organization.

“It’s been a while since this has come up in this briefing, so let me just give you our latest rundown of the progress that we have indeed been making,” he said, citing a list of accomplishments against ISIS as proof that the terrorist group’s momentum had been “blunted.”

When asked if the White House was re-evaluating the strategy against ISIS, Schultz reminded reporters that Obama viewed the fight as a long term strategy.

“The president has been clear that this is going to be a long term proposition, that there will be ebbs and flows to this fight, he is committed making sure we’re successful,” he said.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post

The New York Times
    United States foreign policy brought to you by Pottery Barn, retail loss prevention team. Merica!
    Dishonest money makes for dishonest people.

Andrew Napolitano, John Stossel. FOX News Liberty Infiltrators.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkblots View Post
    Dr. Paul is living rent-free in the minds of the neocons, and for a fiscal conservative, free rent is always a good thing
    NOBP ≠ ABO

edit
    Last edited by libertyjam; 05-15-2015 at 04:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by libertyjam View Post
    All those veterans were pissed too when we left S. Vietnam and Saigon fell, does that mean we should have gone back continued fighting for the next 50 years? $#@! no, and $#@! the dumb asses who bought into a stupid little war fighting for war profiteers sake. Oh, and $#@! your brother too.
    That's the spirit!!!

I don't think I was asking for soldier worship here. I'm pointing out flawed military strategy and a public that cares about nothing real unless it's being spoon fed to them.

Anyway, doesn't matter. I'm glad you could get some of that rage out of you in the midst of all your great posts about song lyrics. Must have been building up for a while.
    Last edited by wizardwatson; 05-15-2015 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by roho76 View Post
    United States foreign policy brought to you by Pottery Barn, retail loss prevention team. Merica!
    Idiocracy has edged into the lead over Brave New World, with 1984 close behind

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by wizardwatson View Post
    That's the spirit!!!

I don't think I was asking for soldier worship here. I'm pointing out flawed military strategy and a public that cares about nothing real unless it's being spoon fed to them.

Anyway, doesn't matter. I'm glad you could get some of that rage out of you in the midst of all your great posts about song lyrics. Must have been building up for a while.
    Yep, that's about what it was.

Quote Originally Posted by libertyjam View Post
    Yep, that's about what it was.

I will see your covert dismissal and raise you childlike irreverence.