Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wackjob Landscaper Rides Mower over Muscovy Ducklings

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Wackjob Landscaper Rides Mower over Muscovy Ducklings

Wow!!!

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/pa...514-story.html

But on May 2 as they watched out their patio door at the mother duck and her 11 ducklings peck at their food, a lawn worker plotted a different fate for the birds, according to an arrest report.

He gunned his riding lawnmower toward the ducks, which were perched on the grass near a tree in the family's yard, and swerved his blades over them, the report stated. Inside, the family of three watched and screamed at what they had just witnessed.

"We were horrified," said Jentzsch. "I couldn't believe it was happening. It was totally disgusting."

The landscaper, Jason Falbo, 24, of Royal Palm Beach, was arrested Wednesday and charged with nine counts of animal cruelty by Palm Beach County Animal Care and Control.

Officers were called to the family's home at about 2:30 p.m. the day the ducks died.

As Jentzsch's wife, Laura Gontchar recalls, the day started beautifully. She said Kai, 7, loves animals and grew especially fond of the ducks that would waddle up into the family's backyard.

Gontchar said the ducklings weren't more than a few days old. Meanwhile, Falbo's lawnmower hummed along the side of the house and Kai watched as his beloved ducks ate their lunch.

Then, the lawmower appeared. Jentzsch said the blades on the mower were up, lifted above the grass. In an instant the blades went down and a flurry of feathers, bones and small beaks went flying into the air.

The three bolted out the door; first Gontchar, then Kai, then Jentzsch.

"What are you doing?" Jentzsch remembers screaming, as Kai and Gontchar became more and more hysterical. "These are our friends. These are our babies, we love to feed them!"

Falbo sat on his mower, backed up and ran over the ducklings again, the family said. This time he smiled and laughed. Four ducklings managed to get away, hobbling with their mother into the lake, but two drowned. Out of the 11 ducklings, only two survived, according to the report.

"What are you doing to my ducks?" Kai wailed, his father remembers. "Why are you laughing?"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I mowed a snake yesterday......

/.
    Last edited by specsaregood; 05-18-2016 at 07:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to tod evans again.

I scag about 3 acres of apple orchard. Its hard to do the whole thing without sacrificing a few baby rabbits through the food processor.

This seems pretty hellbent and evil though.

I'm hoping to fence mine in and maintain w/ sheep in a few years.
    Last edited by presence; 05-15-2015 at 09:46 AM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

I'll bet a cyber nickel that these homeowners went with the low bid on their landscaping contract and then never bothered to interact with the dude doing the work even to warn him about their beloved ducks..

But they're quick to call the kops and have the guy cited for cruelty...

Yeah the guy's a douche but so are the homeowners, in my opinion they deserve each other.......Maybe they can share duck liver pâté...

/.
    Last edited by specsaregood; 05-18-2016 at 07:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I don't think any of that is relevant to the issue. Unless you can honestly think this guy ran over the ducks on accident then there really isn't much excuse is there? And I say that knowing full well that when I was a kid I did some horrible $#@! to some animals (especially snakes) but even then I don't think I would ever have tried to run over ducklings with a lawn mower.
    I addressed that in the part you cut...

I'm not making excuses for any of the parties involved, they deserve each other and the ugly ducklings too...(These are the wild ducks that look cancerous)

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    /.
    Last edited by specsaregood; 05-18-2016 at 07:31 AM.

These ducks probably lived and died in a more humane manner that the average factory farm resident.

The guy is an $#@! but I see an obvious double standard in charging him.

Just watched the video, this is one of those gated communities and the dude mowing the lawn is definitely viewed as "The Help"...

$27,000 bond for being an $#@! and felony charges, 9 of them!

Maybe it's time to bring back the bullwhip for when "The Help" messes with Massah's pets.....

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Reminds me of a time when I watched a SUV driver purposely turn to run over a family of Canadian geese and I looked over at the guy as he passed and he had the biggest $#@! eating grin on his face. sickening.
    Apparently you don't have Canada geese making a damned mess in your yard every friggin' day. It's an on-going battle to keep the nuisance away. My dog is getting old.

Not saying that dude wasn't sick, but to me Canada geese are akin to city rats or spiders.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Chick culling is the process of killing newly hatched poultry for which the industry has no use. Due to modern selective breeding, laying hen strains differ from meat production strains. As male birds of the laying strain do not lay eggs and are not suitable for meat production, they are generally killed soon after they hatch[1] and shortly after being sexed. Methods of culling include cervical dislocation, asphyxiation by carbon dioxide

and maceration using a high speed grinder.

Chicks are also culled in the production of foie gras. After hatching, the ducklings are sexed. Males put on more weight than females, so the females are euthanised, sometimes in an industrial macerator.

Up to 40 million female ducks may be killed in this way.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chick_culling

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    But these atrocities don't take place in front of your betters, for such infringements there are felony charges and imprisonment...

But these atrocities don't take place in front of your betters, for such infringements there are felony charges and imprisonment...
    Yep

I mowed over a bunch of mice not too long ago. I didn't have an ounce of remorse.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I scag about 3 acres of apple orchard. Its hard to do the whole thing without sacrificing a few baby rabbits through the food processor.
    This is true, I ran over an adorable little bunny a few weeks ago. You just can't see them down there. It wasn't intentional at all. But its scary to think about how it suddenly becomes a crime if people view it as intentional.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

not sure if he did it on purpose or not, but one thing i do know is that people in these communities seem to thrive on trying to get "the help" in trouble over anything and sometimes lie about it.

i did pest control for this one old lady all summer. i was spraying for mosquito control. the last time i sprayed for the season i told her this was the last time for the year but i was going to spray more than usual so she would be covered a little longer. she was thrilled about it.

at the end of the day back at the office, my boss said she called in and complained that i didnt spray her yard and she has more mosquitoes than ever before. he didnt believe it but had to tell me anyway.

turns out one of the bosses went to her home the next day and she admitted to him that i did spray the yard, but she was mad because the season was over, and she thought she should get 1 more free spray or she was going to go with another company next year. he asked her why she lied and that i could have got into trouble. said she just laughed and said her yard was more important because we "made a lot of money anyway". lol i made $12hr so $#@! her.

another man in pest control had a yearly contract for $50 for basic pests such as ants, spiders, termite inspection. he always lied about having ants so that we would have to come out and spray his house basically for free. the last time i was there i found zero ants or anything at all. he claimed they were eating his house down over the phone. boss said he always lies to get free sprays.

so yes the guy could have ran the ducks over on purpose, but i seriously suspect the home owners made a lie out of an accident. im pretty sure this guy knew all eyes were on him. something just doesnt seem right.

potential serial killer.....

+rep if it was a mulching mower.

Quote Originally Posted by mrsat_98 View Post
    +rep if it was a mulching mower.
    Nah, just a regular ol' 3 blade side discharge....

Personally speaking, I'd have more sympathy for the geese than if someone were to lawn-mow any of the many sadistic cowards who needlessly torture, maim, or kill animals.

At least factory farms serve a purpose, regardless of the methods used.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

A righteous man has regard for the life of his animal, but even the compassion of the wicked is cruel.

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    Personally speaking, I'd have more sympathy for the geese than if someone were to lawn-mow any of the many sadistic cowards who needlessly torture, maim, or kill animals.

At least factory farms serve a purpose, regardless of the methods used.
    Me too!

I just have issues with socialites calling the kops and getting some dumbass saddled with a felony record for being an idiot.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    xxxxx
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 05-21-2016 at 11:17 AM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

Florida man gets year in jail for running over 9 ducklings with a lawnmower
    A man who intentionally slaughtered nine baby ducks by driving a lawnmower over them has pleaded guilty to felony animal-cruelty charges and will spend the next year in the Palm Beach County Jail.

Circuit Court Judge Glenn Kelley on Thursday sentenced Jason Scott Falbo II, 24, of The Acreage to a combined three years of probation on these nine charges as well as a domestic battery charge from an incident a month before the killing of the ducks. The first of those years will be spent in the jail.

“They should have just thrown away the keys,” Boyd Jentzsch, the resident who called Palm Beach County Animal Care & Control about the slaying of the ducks, said Saturday when told of Falbo’s sentence. “There is no justification for what he’s done,” Jentzsch said.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/nationa...ebook_2014_sfp
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

He'll probably apply for a Law Enforcement job now.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post

Weird, the Florida Man account hasn't mentioned this yet.

Florida Man

@_FloridaMan

Real-life stories of the world's worst superhero IAmFloridaMan[at]gmail[dot]com
    Everywhere, FL
    Joined January 2013
    https://twitter.com/_FloridaMan
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

And the lawnmower man swerved and ate the mole...

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post

That's more time than kops get for murdering citizens.......

There was a story just a while back about one mowing down a child in a stroller with his kop-car......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast