Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Women are, after all, better drivers than men

Women are, after all, better drivers than men

Apparently, they didn't survey my neighbor. I took out his mailbox yesterday....for the second time in about 6 months.
    Reverse is not my forte.

Driving's battle of the sexes appears to have been won by women, according to a survey.

Female drivers outscored males not only in in-car tests but also when observed anonymously using one of the UK's busiest junctions - Hyde Park Corner.

But another part of the survey - from Privilege Insurance - found only 28% of women reckoned they were better drivers than men, with only 13% of men thinking women were superior behind the wheel.

A sample of 50 drivers faced in-car assessment while 200 were watched at Hyde Park Corner. Marked on 14 different aspects of driving, women scored 23.6 points out of a possible 30, while men managed to chalk up only 19.8 points.

• Why women drivers drive me mad

• Audi posts sexist tweets about #womendrivers. But it's not what you think

On one of the categories - tailgating - just 4% of women but 27% of men drove too close to the vehicle in front.

People's views on their driving skills differed dramatically from their actual skills. When asked if they thought they drove at the appropriate speed for the situation, 84% of men claimed they regularly did, which was in contrast to the 64% that actually did.

Nearly half of men approached hazards too fast, compared with only a quarter of women, while more than half of men drove through an amber light when it was turning to red, compared to just 14% of women.

Just 1% of women, but 14% of men, cut into traffic dangerously, while 24% of men, but only 16% of women, admitted to using hand-held mobiles while at the wheel.

More men than women also admitted not indicating if they thought there was no one driving behind them.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...-than-men.html

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Women are, after all, better drivers than men
    Yes dear.....

Their definition of "better" is being paranoid. In my view, a good driver does not hit things, a good driver is not nervous. Am I missing anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Steering / Control of the vehicle: Men, 100% Women, 96%

/thread
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

lol makes me laugh because I just don't buy it.. probably not a large enough sample size.

I usually wouldn't say there is a difference in most cases but every driver I have ever almost been killed by or been very angry at for doing something stupid has been a woman. so i don't know but thats my experience.

every time this happens, they don't even notice that it happened too..
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Slow and afraid does not mean better, it's dangerous and causes traffic which causes accidents.....
    Last edited by The Northbreather; 05-15-2015 at 09:35 AM.

I bet the early adopters of self driving cars will be mostly women, urban women.

Is that why the NASCAR champion drivers are always women, year after year after year?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I have trophies for drag racing. I can't say I'm the best driver but I'm okay in a straight line.

"And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

while 24% of men, but only 16% of women, admitted to using hand-held mobiles while at the wheel.
    This only proves that most people are liars or that on average women are more obedient than men.
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    This only proves that most people are liars or that on average women are more obedient than men.
    Or they drive a stick..which pretty much makes it difficult to talk on the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotin View Post
    lol makes me laugh because I just don't buy it.. probably not a large enough sample size.

I usually wouldn't say there is a difference in most cases but every driver I have ever almost been killed by or been very angry at for doing something stupid has been a woman. so i don't know but thats my experience.

And they surveyed Hyde Park. Mostly inbred dingalings there. :P (I like to tease my Brit amigos about that )
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    Or they drive a stick..which pretty much makes it difficult to talk on the phone.
    What?

I can drive my '56 3 on the tree power 'nuthin dragging a 20 foot trailer, load and light my pipe while talking on a flip phone......

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    What?

I can drive my '56 3 on the tree power 'nuthin dragging a 20 foot trailer, load and light my pipe while talking on a flip phone......

You're more talented than I am. I hate when I'm driving (5 spd) and someone calls me. My hands free thingy broke so I just don't answer unless I can pull over.

You're more talented than I am. I hate when I'm driving (5 spd) and someone calls me. My hands free thingy broke so I just don't answer unless I can pull over.
    I was driving an old A/C tractor with a plow front end pulling a buck type hay rake with my sister on it up-n-down these Ozark hills when I was 12...

Padded seats and just one brake pedal are cake...

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    I was driving an old A/C tractor with a plow front end pulling a buck type hay rake with my sister on it up-n-down these Ozark hills when I was 12...

Padded seats and just one brake pedal are cake...

Try that in Houston traffic

Women may be inept, but men are criminally insane.

Quote Originally Posted by phonetic lee View Post
    Women may be inept, but men are criminally insane.
    not sure if serious but its a win either way lol
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Try that in Houston traffic
    Better than bringing Houston traffic out to these hills.......

If I was judging at an intersection, tight spacing, rapid acceleration and faster speeds would get high marks. The laggards ... not so much.

To elaborate, an intersection is a limited resource. Only so many lanes can use it at the same time. It used to be an annoyance that so many drivers pile needlessly into one lane. I've come to realize that those extra lanes were built for the clued in. $#@! the rest. Any driving test without time as a component is a farce.
    Last edited by The Free Hornet; 05-16-2015 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Northbreather View Post
    I bet the early adopters of self driving cars will be mostly women, urban women.
    I'm guessing it will be the older affluent folks of both genders first. Because it just keeps on getting scarier and more dangerous out there.

70+ million Boomers, tick, tick, tick.

I think women, especially those w/children, are more likely to drive defensively--and with good reason. Recently, when I had a chance to drive without the kid in the car, I went back to my normal driving self. Kludge, on the other hand, has almost killed all of us with his driving.

No need to turn yet another topic into some stupid gender war. Now let's talk about those Asian women's driving habits--yikes!
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    I think women, especially those w/children, are more likely to drive defensively--and with good reason. Recently, when I had a chance to drive without the kid in the car, I went back to my normal driving self. Kludge, on the other hand, has almost killed all of us with his driving.

No need to turn yet another topic into some stupid gender war.
    Now let's talk about those Asian women's driving habits--yikes!
    Such a wet blankie! :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotin View Post

Some of them don't even know, but others just won't acknowledge their stupidity, no matter what. (that's what they call confidence )
    FJB

Quote Originally Posted by The Northbreather View Post
    They will fall all over themselves for this.

No need to turn yet another topic into some stupid gender war. Now let's talk about those Asian women's driving habits--yikes!
    This made me crack up for some reason...

I guess you've never been to New Jersey. I've almost been run over by soccer Moms yapping on a cellphone with kids in the back multiple times.
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    I'm guessing it will be the older affluent folks of both genders first. Because it just keeps on getting scarier and more dangerous out there.

70+ million Boomers, tick, tick, tick.
    No.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    proves that women lie at far greater rates than men do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast