Thread: [Video] Rand Paul on Hannity discusses Stephanopoulos 'breach of journalistic etiquette'

[Video] Rand Paul on Hannity discusses Stephanopoulos 'breach of journalistic etiquette'

Last edited by jct74; 05-15-2015 at 08:34 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    George Stephanopoulos will not moderate GOP debate after acknowledging he failed to disclose Clinton Foundation donations

BY CAMERON JOSEPH
    Thursday, May 14, 2015, 12:18 PM

WASHINGTON — ABC News host and former Clinton White House staffer George Stephanopoulos has bowed out of moderating a GOP presidential debate after acknowledging he failed to disclose $75,000 in donations to the Clinton Foundation while interviewing an author critical of the charity.

The anchor voluntarily withdrew from the February GOP debate, said network spokeswoman Heather Riley. ABC said it stood behind him.

Stephanopoulos gave $25,000 in 2012, 2013 and 2014 to the foundation — donations he failed to mention while interviewing Peter Schweizer, the conservative author of “Clinton Cash,” a book that explores possible connections between donations to the Clinton family and their charitable foundation and work Hillary Clinton did as secretary of state. The anchor apologized, saying he should have made an on-air disclosure of the donations, which were publicly listed on the Clinton Foundation website.

Republicans quickly piled on, with Schweizer accusing him of a “massive breach of ethical standards” and Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) telling The New York Times it would be a “conflict of interest” for Stephanopoulos to moderate any presidential debates this cycle.

read more:
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...icle-1.2222012
    Last edited by jct74; 05-14-2015 at 10:39 PM.

Oh come on. Are people really upset that he made donations to a charity foundation?

This is like someone being upset at a moderator for having donated to the Mises institute or some other *slightly* politically connected organization.
    "Freedom, then Pizza!" - Oklahoma State GOP Convention 5/11/2012

Quote Originally Posted by RabbitMan View Post
    Oh come on. Are people really upset that he made donations to a charity foundation?

This is like someone being upset at a moderator for having donated to the Mises institute or some other *slightly* politically connected organization.
    If you actually think for a second that the Clinton foundation is a charity or anything else than a tax haven and money laundering scheme that's pretty hilarious but eerily naive
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Make a wish foundation is a charity....the Clintons are not.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Quote Originally Posted by Kotin View Post
    If you actually think for a second that the Clinton foundation is a charity or anything else than a tax haven and money laundering scheme that's pretty hilarious but eerily naive
    Beat me to it!
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Rand did a good job in that interview, and his point about coordinated and planned traps and attacks on Romney and others during the debates is a very good one. Perhaps we need prosecuting and defense attorneys to moderate debates. As it is now, the moderators play judge, prosecutor and jury, at least during the GOP debates.

As for Hannity, he has been ranting about this Stephanopoulos donation on his radio show. He uses the caveat that he is an "opinion" host, not a reporter, and the general idea does not apply to him or the other opinion and editorial hosts on Fox. Yeah, right. What a hypocrite! "Fair and balanced" my ass. Then again, Hannity is almost always a hypocrite, so nothing new here.

The greater issue here is the entire media is biased and has a variety of hidden agendas. It's not just Stephanopoulos. It's the entire media complex. Hell, it's probably better to have them openly donate to their favorite causes and politicians, and have that disclosure on the screen every time they open their propaganda holes.
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 05-15-2015 at 11:10 AM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by puppetmaster View Post
    Make a wish foundation is a charity....the Clintons are not.
    Yeah, the proper word for the Clintons would be slosh fund.

Quote Originally Posted by hells_unicorn View Post
    Yeah, the proper word for the Clintons would be slosh fund.
    Slush fund,hit man fund, shredding fund, cover up fund, buy votes fund

wouldnt surprise me if he got a job in the Clinton White House after the elections for being such a good moutpiece

Quote Originally Posted by randomname View Post
    wouldnt surprise me if he got a job in the Clinton White House after the elections for being such a good moutpiece
    He's more valuable where he is now. Don't worry, he will be rewarded.

I think he is revenging his father.
    Today I decided to get banned and spam activism on this forum...

SUPPORT RANDPAULDIGITAL GRASSROOTS PROJECTS TODAY!

http://i.imgur.com/SORJlQ5.png

For more info. or to help spread the word, go to the promotion thread here.

Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    If I had to answer this question truthfully I'd probably piss a lot of people off lol, Barrex would be a better person to ask he doesn't seem to care lol.

Another Dem shill, Clinton lover, prog. POS exposed.l

The Clinton Foundation is a slush fund, it's not a charity. It's there solely to buy access, influence world affairs, and enrich the Clintons.
    “When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank. You tell me that if I take the deposits from the bank and annul its charter I shall ruin ten thousand families. That may be true, gentlemen, but that is your sin! Should I let you go on, you will ruin fifty thousand families, and that would be my sin! You are a den of vipers and thieves. I have determined to rout you out, and by the Eternal, I will rout you out!”
    ― Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Rand did a good job in that interview, and his point about coordinated and planned traps and attacks on Romney and others during the debates is a very good one. Perhaps we need prosecuting and defense attorneys to moderate debates. As it is now, the moderators play judge, prosecutor and jury, at least during the GOP debates.

As for Hannity, he has been ranting about this Stephanopoulos donation on his radio show. He uses the caveat that he is an "opinion" host, not a reporter, and the general idea does not apply to him or the other opinion and editorial hosts on Fox. Yeah, right. What a hypocrite! "Fair and balanced" my ass. Then again, Hannity is almost always a hypocrite, so nothing new here.

The greater issue here is the entire media is biased and has a variety of hidden agendas. It's not just Stephanopoulos. It's the entire media complex. Hell, it's probably better to have them openly donate to their favorite causes and politicians, and have that disclosure on the screen every time they open their propaganda holes.
    This is true. I'm tired of people like Hannity, Limbaugh, Maddow, etc. that hide behind being "opinion" hosts and using that as an excuse to abandon any sense of journalistic ethics. Hannity is not our friend and Fox will screw over Rand in a heartbeat. Not that I don't think Rand should appear on Fox but Fox is no less complicit in the demise of journalism than any of the other hacks.
    “When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank. You tell me that if I take the deposits from the bank and annul its charter I shall ruin ten thousand families. That may be true, gentlemen, but that is your sin! Should I let you go on, you will ruin fifty thousand families, and that would be my sin! You are a den of vipers and thieves. I have determined to rout you out, and by the Eternal, I will rout you out!”
    ― Andrew Jackson

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Whatever Stephanopoulis is, what he did is a horrible abuse of his first amendment liberty. The right to a free press so that the press would advocate for the people, not for the government. It is because of the press and the abuse of its first amendment liberty that government has grown into the leviathan it is.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by libertyjam View Post
    Another Dem shill, Clinton lover, prog. POS exposed.l
    That's me. A secret democratic shill who only raised money for and voted for Ron Paul in 2007, represented him at the caucuses in 2011 and donated to Rand's campaign in the recent moneybomb so I could shill for Hillary in 2016! You got me! Game over I guess...

Seriously though, George Stephanopoly(lol) was a high ranking official in Bill's 1992 campaign and worked as a senior official in the White House during his first term. If you think I am going to suddenly think he has ONLY NOW become biased, or only donated to a close friend's non-profit because of safe haven BS...I am sorry but I am calling you out as incredibly paranoid or only just now learning about him.

Not all people who oppose your views are lizard men! I promise! Go drink some Juicy Juice and chill out!

The Clinton Foundation has done a lot of things both domestically and abroad, from improving the school lunch programs to disaster relief, spending hundreds of millions of dollars on just these programs alone. Could it be more transparent? Yes.

And I'm not saying Hillary herself is innocent in the whole influence peddling scandal, but George is a well paid free man and shouldn't be shunned because he helped a friend out. Calling his ACTUAL historic ties into account makes sense, but this?

On a separate note, I am getting sick and tired of people neg repping for disagreeing with them. Reputation is about what you add to the forum, or conversely how you are breaking the rules or bringing the community down--it's not a place to poke someone in the eye. Grow up.
    Last edited by RabbitMan; 05-15-2015 at 07:00 PM.
    "Freedom, then Pizza!" - Oklahoma State GOP Convention 5/11/2012