Thread: College Student to Jeb Bush: ‘Your Brother Created ISIS’

College Student to Jeb Bush: ‘Your Brother Created ISIS’

College Student to Jeb Bush: ‘Your Brother Created ISIS’

By Michael Barbaro
    May 13, 2015

RENO, Nev. — “Your brother created ISIS,” the young woman told Jeb Bush. And with that, Ivy Ziedrich, a 19-year-old college student, created the kind of confrontational moment here on Wednesday morning that presidential candidates dread.

Mr. Bush, the former governor of Florida, had just concluded a town-hall-style meeting when Ms. Ziedrich demanded to be heard. “Governor Bush,” she shouted as audience members asked him for his autograph. “Would you take a student question?”

Mr. Bush whirled around and looked at Ms. Ziedrich, who identified herself as a political science major and a college Democrat at the University of Nevada.

She had heard Mr. Bush argue, a few moments before, that America’s retreat from the Middle East under President Obama had contributed to the growing power of the Islamic State. She told the former governor that he was wrong, and made the case that blame lay with the decision by the administration of his brother George W. Bush to disband the Iraqi Army.

“It was when 30,000 individuals who were part of the Iraqi military were forced out — they had no employment, they had no income, and they were left with access to all of the same arms and weapons,” Ms. Ziedrich said.

She added: “Your brother created ISIS.”

read more:
    http://www.nytimes.com/politics/firs...-created-isis/
    Last edited by jct74; 05-14-2015 at 11:58 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Yea, those 30k people from over 10 yrs ago started ISIS to fight the Syria govt who weren't responsible for them losing their job. Also to complicated things, they decided not to fight the people put in charge by the Bush admin immediately. Instead choose to fight a country that offered your people safety as refugees and fight on the side of US and Saudi Arabia who supported the invasion.

This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever that the 30k aging Iraqi soldiers would be behind ISIS. Obama and his friends in Saudi Arabia created ISIS as a proxy to fight the Syria people. Bush screwed the ME up, but creation of ISIS is not one of them.

The 2003 Iraqi invasion created an environment in which the groups that later branched off into ISIS formed. Almost all of ISIS commanders were part of Saddam's Iraqi army.

Technically the US and their allies created ISIS. Bush was just a puppet.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    The 2003 Iraqi invasion created an environment in which the groups that later branched off into ISIS formed. Almost all of ISIS commanders were part of Saddam's Iraqi army.
    That is what they want you to believe. The same people who still believe that Saddam himself was lying about WMD because they were so afraid of Iran. I don't buy any of it, the Saudi's and their Wahhabi fanatic followers make up a large number of their fighters and I am sure their funding and weapons package make up their arsenal too.

You can't just create a massive and well armed militia group without help from powerful governments.

Of course she is wrong, W created nothing, I don't think he is capable of creating anything. ISIS is a creation of the Mossad and are backed covertly by the CIA and US military as well as by Saudi Arabia. The royal family of Saudi Arabia are followers of Islam about as much as Jews are.
    Last edited by RickyJ; 05-14-2015 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    That is what they want you to believe. The same people who still believe that Saddam himself was lying about WMD because they were so afraid of Iran. I don't buy any of it, the Saudi's and their Wahhabi fanatic followers make up a large number of their fighters and I am sure their funding and weapons package make up their arsenal too.

You can't just create a massive and well armed militia group without help from powerful governments.
    I'm not sure who you are referring to as "they," but I doubt that they, whoever they are, would want people to believe that the US had a hand in the formation of ISIS.

I'm also sure that Saudis are funding ISIS as they all have the same takfiri ideology, but ISIS is just a sort reincarnation of the Sunni militant insurgent groups that the US had fought against after the 2003 Iraqi invasion. All of the countries, such as the Gulf states, Turkey, Israel, and other Western countries that supported the "moderate rebels" against Assad were either directly or indirectly funding and equipping ISIS. ISIS fighters themselves, as we know, travel from all over the world to kill those they would consider "apostates" in Syria.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    An anti-semetic question for Mr. Sherf...

Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    I'm not sure who you are referring to as "they," but I doubt that they, whoever they are, would want people to believe that the US had a hand in the formation of ISIS.

I'm also sure that Saudis are funding ISIS as they all have the same takfiri ideology, but ISIS is just a sort reincarnation of the Sunni militant insurgent groups that the US had fought against after the 2003 Iraqi invasion. All of the countries, such as the Gulf states, Turkey, Israel, and other Western countries that supported the "moderate rebels" against Assad were either directly or indirectly funding and equipping ISIS. ISIS fighters themselves, as we know, travel from all over the world to kill those they would consider "apostates" in Syria.
    So would it be fair to say that we wouldn't have ISIS if not for the countries directly and indirectly funding the "moderate" rebels?

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    So would it be fair to say that we wouldn't have ISIS if not for the countries directly and indirectly funding the "moderate" rebels?
    I think it would still exist, but it wouldn't be nearly as renown or powerful without the support of others, yes.

It could be argued that without the Iraq war, ISIS probably would not have formed, but simply pointing to one of multiple botched interventions into the Middle East doesn't give the full picture, especially when discounting outside interference from other parties, as juleswin has noted in the case of the Saudis and a few others. I wouldn't rule out a fair degree of Israeli involvement in the creation of ISIS either, particularly since ISIS has primarily been going after Shiite and Kurd areas and Israel has been more wont to rattle its saber at Iran lately.

One thing is definitely certain, Jeb's notion that us "withdrawing" from the Middle East caused ISIS to form is idiotic. We pulled much of our regular troops out, but we've been consistently running weapons and black ops over there for who knows how long. Apparently the laws of physics don't apply to American foreign policy in the mind of Dubya's equally inept younger brother.

I thought haliburton, caci, kbr, titan, and blackwater created isis.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

This is kinda rude. It's like someone telling Rand his dad hangs out with racists and allowed them to publish racist newsletters

Jan2017

Well, . . . this young'un did a great job in a way
    because at the very end she elicited this response from the potential "Bush45 ?" (ouch it hurts to see that odd numbered presidency cornered in one family again)

Jeb: "we're in a much more unstable place because America pulled back"

I hope the next college student asks Jeb about this now youtube immortalized comment
    (I see the glimmer of McCain here . . . ya'know "100 years of war in Iraq"

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard101 View Post
    This is kinda rude. It's like someone telling Rand his dad hangs out with racists and allowed them to publish racist newsletters
    How is it rude? Jeb defended his brother's foreign policy and wants to continue it.

Quote Originally Posted by NIU Students for Liberty View Post
    How is it rude? Jeb defended his brother's foreign policy and wants to continue it.
    Because she yelled at him and didn't even ask him a question. She's also trying to associate Jeb with his brother, which is wrong.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Because she yelled at him and didn't even ask him a question. She's also trying to associate Jeb with his brother, which is wrong.
    He associated him with him, he has been defending his foreign policy.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

He's already associated himself with his brother in every way. She did nothing wrong other than believing the myth that Obama ended the wars.
    "Building Freedom in an Unfree World" - http://freedomlovin.com

"All initiation of force is a violation of someone else's rights, whether initiated by an individual or the state, for the benefit of an individual or group of individuals, even if it's supposed to be for the benefit of another individual or group of individuals."
    -Ron Paul

This is typical government doublespeak. Most buy into the BS. They pretend like Obama and the D's are anti-war, and are "pulling back" when the reality is that both parties are pro-war, and the war was a total disaster from any angle, but instead of ending it, Obama kept 40k troops in Iraq (not ending it). And of course, it's still a disaster, because war doesn't $#@!ing work. And now you have nutcases like Jeb actually defending the action, and pretending like the democrats were "just too weak", so he wants to revamp everything and completely destroy Iraq.

And people like this girl asking the question actually believe that the way to prevent all this is to vote Democrat.

This is absolutely no different than saying you're for "small government" and then creating budgets bigger than any democrat.

The sociopathic politicians just keep rolling along with the narrative, and sadly, even new generations are still buying this left vs right bull$#@!.

"All initiation of force is a violation of someone else's rights, whether initiated by an individual or the state, for the benefit of an individual or group of individuals, even if it's supposed to be for the benefit of another individual or group of individuals."
    -Ron Paul

And BTW, Jeb was a total prick to this girl, treating her like an idiot, I already can't stand this guy.

-Ron Paul

Democracy is kinda rude. All the voters that want to take my money, my freedom, but none of them have the guts to rob me at gunpoint themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The Sunni are the minority, the Shia the majority.

Under Saddam, the Sunni were privilaged and the Shia oppressed.

A democratic Iraq necessarily meant a role reversal - and that is the origin of the Sunni rebellion, of which ISIS is just the latest incarnation.

This was all inevitable (in one form or another) the moment that some jackass in Washington decided that Iraq should be a democracy.

The way the US disbanded the Iraqi army and the support for the Sunni jihadists in Syria merely added fuel to the fire.

...it's very much like the situation in certain post-colonial states in Africa.

And the solution is the same.

The old borders and state structures are unsustainable. They need to be allowed to evolve naturally without outside interference. By way of analogy, outside interference in the ME (or Africa) to maintain the status qup is like the Forest Service putting out every little fire. Sounds good in the short-term, but the long term result is that brush accumulates and eventually you get a total conflagration that no one can control.

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    The Sunni are the minority, the Shia the majority.

Under Saddam, the Sunni were privilaged and the Shia oppressed.

A democratic Iraq necessarily meant a role reversal - and that is the origin of the Sunni rebellion, of which ISIS is just the latest incarnation.

This was all inevitable (in one form or another) the moment that some jackass in Washington decided that Iraq should be a democracy.
    . . .
    Of course it was NOT wise, elder Congressman like Ron Paul (R-TX) or Jim Leach (R-IA) that acquiesced into this, but the majority did.

[107th Congress Public Law 243]
    [From the U.S. Government Printing Office]
    AUTHORIZATION FOR USE OF MILITARY FORCE AGAINST IRAQ RESOLUTION OF 2002

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/PLAW-10...107publ243.htm
    ". . .
    Whereas the Iraq Liberation Act of 1998 (Public Law 105-338) expressed
    the sense of Congress that it should be the policy of the United
    States to support efforts to remove from power the current Iraqi
    regime and promote the emergence of a democratic government to
    replace that regime;
    . . ."