Thread: Re-Embalmed Annually, Vladimir Lenin's Corpse Marks 90th Anniversary of Public Display

Re-Embalmed Annually, Vladimir Lenin's Corpse Marks 90th Anniversary of Public Display

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/worl...icle-1.2197192

Vladimir Lenin’s corpse improves with age thanks to experimental embalming techniques, Russian scientists claim

BY Meg Wagner
    NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
    Friday, April 24, 2015, 8:29 AM

• A
    • A
    • A

Share this URL

Previous Next

Enlarge
    SERGEI KARPUKHIN/APThe body of Vladimir Lenin, which turned 145 years old on Wednesday, is getting better with age thanks to experimental embalming techniques.

OK, so he's had more than his fair share of work.
    Still, at 145 years old, Vladimir Lenin has never looked better.
    Russian embalmers, who have carefully cared for the revolutionary leader’s corpse since his death in 1924, have used experimental preservation techniques to help Lenin’s body improve with age, scientists said this week.
    Lenin, who led the Bolshevik Revolution and became the first head of the Soviet Union, would have turned 145 on Wednesday.
    A team of scientists and doctors from Moscow’s Center for Scientific Research and Teaching Methods in Biochemical Technologies oversees the preservation of Lenin’s body, which has remained on public display for 90 years, Scientific American reported. Officials closed the mausoleum earlier this year so the embalming squad could prepare his body for his 145th birthday.
    The revolutionary embalming technique calls for the occasional replacement of skin and tissue with plastics and other artificial materials — an approach materially different from previous preservation methods, such as mummification, which focused on maintaining the original cells, experts said.
    Anonymous/ASSOCIATED PRESS Enlarge SERGEI KARPUKHIN/AP Enlarge Lenin's body has remained on public display since his 1924 death.

Lenin’s corpse is encased in a thin rubber suit that keeps a layer of embalming fluid over Lenin's body when it’s on public display. The second skin is easily hidden by the body’s clothes.
    The corpse is re-embalmed every other year, a process that takes Lenin’s body out of public view for about six weeks.
    Lenin died on Jan. 21 1924, but the cause of his death has long been debated. An autopsy attributed the death to a massive stroke, but others suspected a case of syphilis killed the leader.
    Originally, Soviet leaders didn’t want Lenin’s body to stay on public display forever, but they warmed up to the idea when they realized that Russia’s harsh winter kept his body well preserved during the temporary viewing as the nation mourned his death.
    Hordes of tourists and Russian patriots alike visit Linin in his mausoleum every year.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Throw it in the dumpster already.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Russian embalmers, who have carefully cared for the revolutionary leader’s corpse since his death in 1924, have used experimental preservation techniques to help Lenin’s body improve with age, scientists said this week.
    Based on groundbreaking research by Madame Tussaud.
    Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

A police state is a small price to pay for living in the freest country on earth.

Wh the $#@! goes to that ?

Just grab the dude who played Yuri in Yuri's Revenge, he looks just like Lenin and he can even talk to visitors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

He looks much younger---death becomes him.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Russians pining for the good old days of trippin' gulags and those badass raves with the NKVD at Lubyanka?
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    He looks much younger---death becomes him.
    Shame it did not become him when he was 5.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Russians pining for the good old days of trippin' gulags and those badass raves with the NKVD at Lubyanka?
    That, and badass military parades in Red Square where the tanks didn't stall.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    The worshippers of men.

It's not Lenin. Every other year they find someone who looks like him, kill him, and put the fresh body on display. That's why "he" still looks so good.
    I too have been a close observer of the doings of the Bank of the United States...When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank...You are a den of vipers and thieves. I have determined to rout you out, and by the Eternal, I will rout you out!

Andrew Jackson, 1834

This is probably the closest thing we can hope for vis-à-vis repeatedly digging the evil bastard up and kicking his corpse ...
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    That, and badass military parades in Red Square where the tanks didn't stall.

Ayuh... Oh look how fab we all are.... look what we have accomplished...

All while the ranks in the center of that circle have the brass to spell out "Peace"

Bunch of dicks.

BTW, I would add that the fact that his corpse was not burned in '89 is clear indication of the truer Russian character. Those filth have not changed a whit in any of their fundamentals. They just glued on a new veneer - one eerily similar to that of Americans and declared themselves "free".

What a joke. A sad, pathetic, dangerous joke.

In the meanwhile, rather than keeping them isolated so they and the Chinese remained in the stone-age where they belong, we opened the markets to them where they now have access to our digital technologies. Take a good look at current Russian military technologies and tell me we did the right thing. IDFTS. This is not to say we're any better, but I'd rather we were the only ones with the real hurt than those. But that's all water under the bridge. At this point I suppose all we can do is sit and wait for the nukes to fall because I am not sure that this is now avoidable. The world has undergone a quantum alteration in what it means to be an "adult", the definition being closer to that of what it meant to be a 2-year old back in 1840, though I am not sure I should give our current generation quite that much credit.

Screw it - light 'em off and bring this idiocy to its well-earned end because quite frankly I am bored to death with Themme and all the hordes of stupid people who befoul this world. None of it had to be this way. The world of men could have been so very much better than this, and yet it is precisely this that we have chosen. For shame.

BTW, I would add that the fact that his corpse was not burned in '89 is clear indication of the truer Russian character. Those filth have not changed a whit in any of their fundamentals. They just glued on a new veneer - one eerily similar to that of Americans and declared themselves "free".

In the meanwhile, rather than keeping them isolated so they and the Chinese remained in the stone-age where they belong, we opened the markets to them where they now have access to our digital technologies. Take a good look at current Russian military technologies and tell me we did the right thing. IDFTS. This is not to say we're any better, but I'd rather we were the only ones with the real hurt than those. But that's all water under the bridge. At this point I suppose all we can do is sit and wait for the nukes to fall because I am not sure that this is now avoidable. The world has undergone a quantum alteration in what it means to be an "adult", the definition being closer to that of what it meant to be a 2-year old back in 1840, though I am not sure I should give our current generation quite that much credit.

Screw it - light 'em off and bring this idiocy to its well-earned end because quite frankly I am bored to death with Themme and all the hordes of stupid people who befoul this world. None of it had to be this way. The world of men could have been so very much better than this, and yet it is precisely this that we have chosen. For shame.
    Sometimes I say this jokingly, but deep down I think I'm serious. I think the answer is space colonization. A new Jamestown to weed out the useless $#@!s and start a new society that becomes the greatest ever.
    I too have been a close observer of the doings of the Bank of the United States...When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank...You are a den of vipers and thieves. I have determined to rout you out, and by the Eternal, I will rout you out!

Andrew Jackson, 1834

Just load him up with liquid paraffin and then keep him out of the Sun.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by willwash View Post
    Sometimes I say this jokingly, but deep down I think I'm serious. I think the answer is space colonization. A new Jamestown to weed out the useless $#@!s and start a new society that becomes the greatest ever.
    Weed out the "useless $#@!s" and the lowest common denominator simply becomes the new useless $#@!s, same as the old useless $#@!s.
    Last edited by PaulConventionWV; 05-16-2015 at 03:08 PM.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

LOL It's a pretty small part of the Russian population that takes this nonsense seriously. Talk to a few yourself. Or ask many! Find an international penpal agency or forum with lots of Russian members. You'd be surprised at how incredibly wrong Western stereotypes are. It reminds me of the "Ugly American" stereotype. I belong to a forum based in the UK, and people there believe some quite amusing things about us 'Muricans they heard about in the media.

ETA: The Lenin-worshipers are the same sort of people who worship the Founding Fathers in the US. Think hard on that.
    Last edited by heavenlyboy34; 05-16-2015 at 03:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Turn him into an animatronic puppet and make him a greeter at Walmart.

Piss on him. Literally.