Thread: Nursing student who failed class twice sues her university

Nursing student who failed class twice sues her university

DALLAS, Pa. (AP) — A nursing student who says anxiety and depression made it difficult for her to concentrate has sued a northeastern Pennsylvania university after twice failing a required course.

Jennifer Burbella claims her Misericordia University professor didn't do enough to help her pass a class on adult health patterns.

She said the professor gave her a distraction-free environment and extra time for her final exam when she took the class a second time but didn't respond to telephoned questions as promised, creating even more stress.

Burbella says the lack of help caused her to break down crying.

She says the Catholic university near Wilkes-Barre gave another disabled student better accommodations and that her treatment violated a federal disability discrimination law.

The Citizens' Voice reports (http://bit.ly/1QFHxSC) the Stroudsburg woman is seeking more than $75,000 in damages.
    http://news.yahoo.com/nursing-studen...170601655.html
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    hmmm sounds like the 5th and 6th graders at my school. crying over failing grades, yet...no effort to do better. always the teachers fault.

im suing my wife for emotional distress. always wanting me to work a job, mow grass, satisfy her .....sexually. i cant take it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by satchelmcqueen View Post
    im suing my wife for emotional distress. always wanting me to work a job, mow grass, satisfy her .....sexually. i cant take it anymore.
    According to many feminists if your wife has to convince you to have sex with her, it's rape.

The only time sex is consensual is when it comes naturally AND you ask and receive an affirmative response. But you're only allowed to ask once, or else it's rape.

You need to report your wife to authorities - fight the rape culture. It's not just for you - for society. She might convince another man to have sex with her some day.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

If she is in that bad a situation, then how on earth can she reliably recall information when she's in a professional situation and a patient's life is in her hands.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

/.
    Last edited by specsaregood; 05-18-2016 at 07:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tobismom View Post
    If she is in that bad a situation, then how on earth can she reliably recall information when she's in a professional situation and a patient's life is in her hands.

..And your chart says you talk like a f-g, your $#@!'s f'd up and you're 'tarded. It's ok, lots of tards living really kickass lives. My sisters 'tarded. She's a pilot now.
    -Dr. Lexus, Idiocracy
    Last edited by dannno; 05-12-2015 at 07:52 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

"Satisfaction guaranteed or your money back!" probably wasn't in the school's advertisement. Perhaps it would occur in a Free Market...
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Rogue View Post
    "Satisfaction guaranteed or your money back!" probably wasn't in the school's advertisement. Perhaps it would occur in a Free Market...
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

Paging Harrison Bergeron ... paging Harrison Bergeron ...
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Good call, if she can't get through the schooling, then she shouldn't be allowed to be around patients.... what's she going to do, sue the hospital because the patient she was taking care of died and stressed her out?
    FJB

This is unfortunate. But something I have noticed with quite a few of my classmates is that there is a disproportionate number of them with testing anxiety. They have to take their exams in a separate room away from the class or else they will flunk it.

Not sure what the problem is with this student but testing anxiety doesn't necessarily mean they are not knowledgeable. Some of these people with this affliction are complete beasts in the clinical part of the program, its just that they need extra time and zero distraction to pass theory part and my school accommodates them.

Smart phones and google search. You will be surprised how many nurses pull their phones out when they need a quick refresher. Then again experience on the floor is mainly where the lasting knowledge comes from

She said the professor gave her a distraction-free environment and extra time for her final exam when she took the class a second time but didn't respond to telephoned questions as promised, creating even more stress.
    What are the answers to questions 3,4,8,11,24 and 35 through 42?
    Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

A police state is a small price to pay for living in the freest country on earth.

She says the Catholic university near Wilkes-Barre gave another disabled student better accommodations and that her treatment violated a federal disability discrimination law.
    Like it or not, this is probably an ADA violation. Wouldn't be surprised if the girl gets the 75 g's from the school.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12