Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: When did the 2nd US Constitution die? 1911 or 1933?

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    You're assuming that people want that.

I contend they do not.
    LOL, AF.
    It's a FACT. If people wanted that, we would have that.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You're assuming that people want that.

I contend they do not.
    I am assuming that we live in an entire world that is chock a block FULL of statists.

this is WHY the founders chose a Representative Republic.
    this way, all we need to make the change that we BOTH want to see happen, is 535.
    and not even that really.

you fight me at every turn in my efforts to explain, the tools that the founders gave US, to achieve our common goals.

THAT is why there is enmity between us. and ALL the MANY others here, who oppose my support and efforts to spread enlightenment about our 2nd Constitution.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. - Thomas Jefferson.

Quote Originally Posted by HVACTech View Post
    you fight me at every turn in my efforts to explain, the tools that the founders gave US, to achieve our common goals.

THAT is why there is enmity between us. and ALL the MANY others here, who oppose my support and efforts to spread enlightenment about our 2nd Constitution.
    I don't have any enmity. You drove many miles and helped greatly during the Rally for the Repuplic campaign in 2008. It was a great help.

I will never forget.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I don't have any enmity. You drove many miles and helped greatly during the Rally for the Repuplic campaign in 2008. It was a great help.

I will never forget.

It was an amazing time... I was there with my "V for Vendetta" costume on...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

I will never forget.
    well, at LEAST you did not post that pic of me and Casey Jones.
    I also thought that your idea for the shower heads was grand.

have you told people that we killed a cow?

I compliment YOU sir for working with me on that project.
    Ron was out of the race by that time.
    we ALL knew that our asses had been handed to us. that is what made it glorious.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. - Thomas Jefferson.

well, at LEAST you did not post that pic of me and Casey Jones.
    I also thought that your idea for the shower heads was grand.

have you told people that we killed a cow?

I compliment YOU sir for working with me on that project.
    Ron was out of the race by that time.
    we ALL knew that our asses had been handed to us. that is what made it glorious.
    Ya, I liked Casey, don't know what soured him on me so much. He like you busted their ass to make a great event.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

I am assuming that we live in an entire world that is chock a block FULL of statists.
    So what do you suppose they will vote hard for?

More statism.

this way, all we need to make the change that we BOTH want to see happen, is 535.
    And even though I think that is probably a dead end, I still make an effort on the "political" front.

I'm not here to "fight" you, I don't even know you.

I'm here to discuss and present my point of view.

You want to preserve the constitution, as written and accepted, but widely ignored.

I want to reset the clock to zero and start from scratch, preferably by peaceful seccesion.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 05-23-2015 at 09:16 PM.

Ya, I liked Casey, don't know what soured him on me so much. He like you busted their ass to make a great event.
    So you're the one who ran Casey Jones off?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So you're the one who ran Casey Jones off?

If you want to credit me for that, I'm ok with it.

Seriously, Casey was a hard worker for the cause. I respect him for that.

And he never posted People of Walmart photos.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

dude, Casey rode a bus to the rally...

he rode home with me as far as Little rock. we got pulled over and searched in Missouri.
    shemdogg and I got lost looking for that school.

what I will never forget, was the moment that I was sitting down talking with Adam Kokesh.
    I met him when he used my laptop, on the toolbox of my pick up, to access the internet in a cow pasture..
    as I gaze up, over a possum wood fire. what do I see?

nothing other than Ken from Colorado's wife. Pauls wife, and some really hot chick from NH dressed up in a Liberty costume, singing, dancing and waving a bottle of wine.

the next time that I run in to you in Vegas..

(nobody else will believe that what I just wrote can possibly be true... )
    Last edited by HVACTech; 05-23-2015 at 09:50 PM.

I think he did in the chat room.

No, seriously, I know he was...not sure what his issue was, I never talked to him much, I just know he left on bad terms.

I think he did in the chat room.

No, seriously, I know he was...not sure what his issue was, I never talked to him much, I just know he left on bad terms.
    Casey was a man of few means.
    even so, he sacrificed MUCH for the cause of Liberty.

YOU sir, do no such thing as he.

you sir, make a joke of what Casey was trying to support.

you are talking with me now $#@!wad.
    not only am I a man of means, I am also a man of science.

as an avowed "anti-federalist" the BOR is your ONLY claim to fame.

so, how did they sneak it in 2 years later?
    Last edited by HVACTech; 05-23-2015 at 10:18 PM.

Wow, Kenny, that is harsh. You two may have some disagreements, but you both are on the same side.

I will delete this quote if you do the same.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

you are talking with me now $#@!wad.
    not only am I a man of means, I am also a man of science.

as an avowed "anti-federalist" the BOR is your ONLY claim to fame.

so, how did they sneak it in 2 years later?
    I have a great deal of respect for Danke, and he tells me you're OK, so I'll let this drop and back out of this thread.

I have a great deal of respect for Danke,
    I had no idea sailors were so easily fooled.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    Hamilton sounded great in the Federalist Papers. He made the Constitution look like true protector of freedom and limiter of government. This was all propaganda to get the states to buy the lemon he knew he was selling.
    +rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

the girls took a picture of Casey and I.
    I have my arm draped across his shoulders.

the caption was cute, and read something like "liberty makes huggers out of everyone"
    since I stand about a foot taller than nearly everyone else.

it does NOT feel unnatural for me to place my arm on another mans shoulders for a photo.

who was that guy that went with us to procure supplies?
    he was really cool. he helped me to get the internet working. along with many others.
    what I remember about him specifically, was when that guy from Washington state parked his van up on the hill to get better reception..
    the router wanted 115 volts. he noticed that it was really rated for 12 volts!
    boom! I got a couple of jumper wires from my truck and we were in business!

dark haired guy, went with us looking for water heaters.....

it does NOT feel unnatural for me to place my arm on another mans shoulders for a photo....
    Don't ask don't tell.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher A. Brown View Post
    Yes, however, the second had less consent of the governed than the first which invalidates it.

The original intents of the first only lacked means to disseminate the intents and garner/record agreement upon them. Even then, any trickery is only that and does not invalidate the original intents.

What this says to me is that IF we only concern ourselves with the original intents, agree upon them, their definitions, unify around the most obvious, simple and prime, then re impose them upon all government officials as the law of the land, we are acting fully lawfully within the original intents.
    Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    You repeatedly confuse the 1st with the 2nd.
    Amendments? No way. Context is vital.

The second I refer to is the act of 1871, sometimes called the corporate constitution. But is not, it's a set of statutes the states informally agreed to recognize because the people would never accept formalizing the agreement.

At least the 1787 constitution had some degree of consent. If that wasn't true why would soldiers still be thinking they were fighting for it and dying for it 200 years later?
    Last edited by Christopher A. Brown; 05-24-2015 at 12:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by willwash View Post
    I would answer 1861-1865. I think state sovereignty was a fundamental principle of the original government/Constitution, and when push finally came to shove over slavery (which is highly unfortunate that something as important as state sovereignty versus the reach of the federal government had to be tried over the issue of slavery) that fundamental principle was abandoned in favor of might makes right. Everything that followed (1911, 1933, 1964, etc) was just the death rattle of what was already dead.

My .02
    Have any of you guys went through Brion McClanahan's U.S. History course on Liberty Classroom? He makes a strong case for the 1861-1865 being the end of America and the Constitution as the Founders intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Bastiat's The Law View Post
    Have any of you guys went through Brion McClanahan's U.S. History course on Liberty Classroom? He makes a strong case for the 1861-1865 being the end of America and the Constitution as the Founders intended.
    yes. that is what AF and I fight about.
    we agree on the "original intent" (I think..)

I say it was "expanded rights" that defeated it. he says that Federations are simply evil. period.

original intent, was to Limit Government. but not ONLY that.
    it also limited religious influence on government.

it was a hat trick for Liberty. never before known in the history of mankind.

yes. that is what AF and I fight about.
    we agree on the "original intent" (I think..)

I say it was "expanded rights" that defeated it. he says that Federations are simply evil. period.

original intent, was to Limit Government. but not ONLY that.
    it also limited religious influence on government.

it was a hat trick for Liberty. never before known in the history of mankind.
    The Constitution was a stillbirth.
    From conception at the very least autistic.
    Easy for predators to pick apart and divvy up.
    Like hyenas, word critics, Liaryers, ate at it's substance.
    "Rule of law."
    <spit>

You criticize the BOR but the BOR, truthfully you should admit, has at least kept the walls from falling at this point.

You have to be a special kind of idiot to believe that the Constitution was a magic incantation that would keep us from where we now stand. A return only means a reset. For the amount of time it took to adulterate the original.

The reason the founders devised the system they did was to make it as difficult as possible to make the changes people like AF want, not to make it easy. It seems to me that they were pretty successful at that. The seeds that sprouted in 1911 and 1933 were planted in 1787.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    The Constitution was a stillbirth.
    From conception at the very least autistic.
    Easy for predators to pick apart and divvy up.
    Like hyenas, word critics, Liaryers, ate at it's substance.
    "Rule of law."
    <spit>

You criticize the BOR but the BOR, truthfully you should admit, has at least kept the walls from falling at this point.

You have to be a special kind of idiot to believe that the Constitution was a magic incantation that would keep us from where we now stand. A return only means a reset. For the amount of time it took to adulterate the original.
    I DO NOT CRITICIZE THE BOR. what I suggest is that it was the primary avenue of destruction.
    there is also the "general welfare" clause as well as the
    "interstate commerce" clause.

the Founders were not shy about explaining their actions. as well as their lack of action.

however, the "Original Intent" remains clear.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The reason the founders devised the system they did was to make it as difficult as possible to make the changes people like AF want, not to make it easy. It seems to me that they were pretty successful at that. The seeds that sprouted in 1911 and 1933 were planted in 1787.
    dude. it was written, designed and conceived for a FEDERATION!
    (not a Government)

get with the program.

Last edited by erowe1; 09-29-2015 at 06:25 AM.

dude. it was written, designed and conceived for a FEDERATION!
    (not a Government)

get with the program.
    1) Where in the Constitution does it say that?
    N.b. Article I Section 8: "Congress shall have the power... To make Rules for the Government... To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing Powers, and all other Powers vested by this Constitution in the Government of the United States."
    On the other hand, the word "federation" is absent from the entire document.
    2) How does that have anything to do with what I said?
    3) So what?

however, the "Original Intent" remains clear.
    I agree. The original intent was to replace the decentralized confederacy that the American states then comprised with a powerful centralized government that would rule over them all, thus vesting greater control over the continent in the hands of these "founders."

I'd say that even though the Constitution was weakened before 1933 it was after that year that things only got worse consistently.
    Stop believing stupid things

I agree. The original intent was to replace the decentralized confederacy that the American states then comprised with a powerful centralized government that would rule over them all, thus vesting greater control over the continent in the hands of these "founders."
    BRILLIANT!!!

and yes! HIStory certainly bears out your claim that the Founders ruled with an iron fist!

my point behind starting this thread. was to make it clear. that it was effectively dead. LONG before any of us were born.
    to suggest that. what little is left, is what was planned for. is foolishness.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast