Thread: Mexico Halts Infant Vaccines Nation-Wide After 2 Babies Die and 29 Are Injured

Mexico Halts Infant Vaccines Nation-Wide After 2 Babies Die and 29 Are Injured

MEXICO CITY—Mexico’s public-health system has suspended infant vaccines and mounted an investigation after two babies died and 29 were sickened in an impoverished community in southern Mexico.

Six of the 29 babies are in grave condition after receiving vaccinations for tuberculosis, rotavirus and hepatitis B, which are generally administered between 0 and 6 months, according to a national schedule.

The institute said it stopped vaccines nationwide on Saturday as a precaution.

Wall Street Journal
    There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.
    (1 John 4:18)

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Subscribe to read the story.

Whenever that happens, google the title instead of trying a link.

http://www.latimes.com/world/mexico-...510-story.html
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

Quit yer b*tching and whining and GET INVOLVED!!

http://www.galvnews.com/news_ap/heal...3d7fedf6b.html

The Rev. Marcelo Perez, a Roman Catholic priest, told The Associated Press that families of the babies said they became sick within hours. The adverse reactions started Friday and the babies were being treated in a hospital in Simojovel, Chiapas, where 93 percent of the people live in poverty, 69 percent in extreme poverty, according to government statistics.

The hospital "doesn't have adequate personnel or equipment," Perez said. "The real problem is the terrible conditions we have ... so that when a baby comes in with convulsions, he leaves dead."
    Pro-vaccine-at-all-costs people will say "It was because of their poverty, not the vaccines".

yet in the next thread it will be:

"Those in 3rd world poverty need vaccines the most"

(Not healthy food/nutrition - FIRST - no. Vaccines first, they matter more than clean water and healthy food. )
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

Quote Originally Posted by mosquitobite View Post
    Whenever that happens, google the title instead of trying a link.

http://www.latimes.com/world/mexico-...510-story.html
    Thanks. I only had a few minutes on my lunch at the time. Probably had a batch of vaccines get contaminated somehow. Could happen with improper handling or storage or processing of the vaccine. I see no reports of others with similar problems at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Thanks. I only had a few minutes on my lunch at the time. Probably had a batch of vaccines get contaminated somehow. Could happen with improper handling or storage or processing of the vaccine. I see no reports of others with similar problems at this time.
    I can appreciate your contrarian nature. To what are these deaths ascribed, vaccines or what? Any medical intervention - placebo, saline shot, biopsy - can be a source of contamination. That said, in which column do these deaths end up?

My point would be that all medical interventions not only have a quantifiable risk, but the money also goes to some of the nastiest motherfuckers in the history of the world.

Why carry their water?

Risk of death by vaccine is incredibly small- especially when compared to risk of death from the diseases they prevent. How may deaths by vaccine a year? This made headlines specifically because it is such a rare event.

My point would be that all medical interventions not only have a quantifiable risk, but the money also goes to some of the nastiest motherfuckers in the history of the world.
    Ron Paul administered vaccines and called the Polio vaccine "a blessing". Would you include him in that category?

Ron Paul administered vaccines and called the Polio vaccine "a blessing". Would you include him in that category?
    Which category? Nastiest motherfuckers in the world? Nah (not a part of big pharma). Rentseeking careerists? Doubtful:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politi...cian_licensure***

As for polio and Ron Paul's opinion ... I honestly don't give a damn. I'm a bystander to the vaccine dog fights.

I did and do have an honest question as to which column these deaths go. Instead of answering that question directly, you merely state that it is infrequent. Then you, sort of, ask another question, "How may deaths by vaccine a year?", which I can't parse (it is doubtful I can answer regarless). If the profession's oath were, "First, do no harm ...", then it wouldn't matter if your course of action prevents more deaths than it causes.

Keep in mind, Zippy, I try to speak with some precision. I said, "profession". If we're going to do the thinking once and replicate that policy across the nation/world, what the $#@! is the point of all these high-paid needle jabbers??? They're not acting in the capacity of a professional who seeks to do no harm. Rather they are mere puppets (possibly looking for signs of fever).

*** from Wikipedia.org:
    Physician licensure

Paul argues against the prevailing system of government licensure of physicians and other healthcare practitioners.[296] In a 2007 interview, Paul accused the medical profession of choosing to maintain a strict licensing system that permits only a small number of individuals to practice in order to be able to charge much higher fees.[254] He insisted that with a truly competitive marketplace for health services, a patient with a sore throat, for instance, would be able to be seen by a nurse more rapidly than by a medical doctor and treated by the nurse for only a fraction of the cost of what a medical doctor would charge. "Patients can sort this out. I mean, they're not going to go to the nurse if they need brain surgery. They can go there for a sore throat."[254] He believes that patients would be best served by healthcare practitioners operating under the rules of the free market in voluntary contractual arrangements. Paul feels that anyone who claims to be a healthcare practitioner (whether of allopathic, homeopathic, or naturopathic medicine) should be able to offer healthcare services, without interference from the “nanny state.”[250]
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politi...cian_licensure

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Probably had a batch of vaccines get contaminated somehow.
    http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/20...ren-in-mexico/

A full and complete investigation is required urgently to determine what went wrong and how these vaccines became contaminated with bacteria. That was the problem, not some general problem with vaccines inherent in their design that led to severe adverse reactions. It is a distinction that will be lost on people who so fear and distrust vaccines that they view them as inherently dangerous and useless, who are so eager to blame vaccines for every ill suffered by children that they will gladly leap on any story that they think they can use to sow fear, uncertainty, and doubt about vaccines.

Wow, it appears 37 were actually hospitalized, out of 52 who received the vaccine.

2 Babies die, 37 others sickened by vaccines in southern Mexico

Published May 10, 2015EFE

Two babies from rural communities died and 37 others were hospitalized in the southern state of Chiapas after having an allergic reaction to vaccinations administered by Mexican Social Security Institute, or IMSS, personnel, state officials said.

"The Chiapas Health Secretariat is treating 37 children in the town of La Pimienta, outside the city of Simojovel, after they experienced allergic reactions to a vaccine supposedly administered by IMSS health personnel," state health officials said.

A total of "14 children are in serious condition, 22 are stable and one is in critical condition," the Chiapas Health Secretariat said in a statement.

"Two children age 1 died," the secretariat said.

Of the 14 babies listed in serious condition, six were transported early Saturday to a medical center in Tuxtla Gutierrez, the capital of Chiapas, the secretariat said.

The IMSS, for its part, said in a statement that 31 children had reactions "presumably association with the administration of these vaccines" on Friday.

Two children died and 29 others remain hospitalized, the IMSS said.

A total of 52 children received the BCG (tuberculosis), rotavirus and hepatitis B vaccines at the hospital in Simojovel as part of the National Vaccination Program, the IMSS said.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

And of course the Mexican officials say the vaccines were NOT the cause. SMH.

Mexico says vaccine not to blame for baby deaths

Mexican health authorities on Tuesday said a bacteria was responsible for the deaths last weekend of two babies and for sickening 29 others—not a vaccine as initially feared.

The children became sick after getting shots against Hepatitis B in the indigenous town of Simojovel, southern Chiapas state.

"The fault is not on vaccines that were defective or medically bad," said Jose Antonio Gonzalez, director general of the IMSS national public health care system.

"The contamination comes from outside. Certain bacterias have been found," he said. "We have yet to determine the type of bacteria and origin of the external contamination."

Ten of 24 children who were still in a hospital will be released on Tuesday and remain under medical watch for 72 hours, he said.

Two of six children who were in serious condition are now stable.

Gonzalez stressed that the government will continue its vaccination campaigns "because there is no risk."

The IMSS said it had only suspended the lots of the hepatitis vaccine used in Simojovel.

http://medicalxpress.com/news/2015-0...by-deaths.html
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Wow, it appears 37 were actually hospitalized, out of 52 who received the vaccine.
    Here we allow them to separate batches so that these types of events don't happen all in one place. Easier to hide them that way.

"The fault is not on vaccines that were defective or medically bad," said Jose Antonio Gonzalez, director general of the IMSS national public health care system.

"The contamination comes from outside. Certain bacterias have been found," he said. "We have yet to determine the type of bacteria and origin of the external contamination."
    Um, forgive me for asking: "WHAT bacteria?"

Why is a 6 month old being given a hep b shot?
    Hepatitis B virus is spread by coming into contact with blood, semen, and vaginal secretions
    It can spread from the mother to her child during birth
    Common causes of transmission include: unprotected sexual contact, sharing needles among injection drug users, re-use of contaminated needles and syringes
    http://www.hepbnet.org/about.asp
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior_of_Freedom View Post

Because they said so.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    And of course the Mexican officials say the vaccines were NOT the cause. SMH.

Mexico says vaccine not to blame for baby deaths

Mexican health authorities on Tuesday said a bacteria was responsible for the deaths last weekend of two babies and for sickening 29 others—not a vaccine as initially feared.

The children became sick after getting shots against Hepatitis B in the indigenous town of Simojovel, southern Chiapas state.

Ten of 24 children who were still in a hospital will be released on Tuesday and remain under medical watch for 72 hours, he said.

Two of six children who were in serious condition are now stable.

Gonzalez stressed that the government will continue its vaccination campaigns "because there is no risk."

The IMSS said it had only suspended the lots of the hepatitis vaccine used in Simojovel.

http://medicalxpress.com/news/2015-0...by-deaths.html
    Wow... 37 babies hospitalized and 2 dead and he has the gall to say "there is no risk."?????????

Contamination or no contamination, I'd call that risk.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by mosquitobite View Post
    http://www.galvnews.com/news_ap/heal...3d7fedf6b.html

Pro-vaccine-at-all-costs people will say "It was because of their poverty, not the vaccines". )
    No, sane people will believe that it is possible that a batch of vaccines are contaminated, but will wait to find out what the experts uncover during the investigation before saying anything.

Shrieking harpies won't believe anything that conflicts with their predetermined conclusions.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior_of_Freedom View Post

Gee, like nobody ever thought to ask that before.

This has been answered about 100 times already in these forums alone. The short answer is that Hep B is spread from mother to infant, and infant Hep B didn't start falling until they started vaxxing all newborns, probably because the margin of error for false negatives was significant.

Quote Originally Posted by The Free Hornet View Post

Most vaccines are far off patent and the manufacturers do not actually make much profit on them.

But in general, if you don't think people should profit from inventions that save literally millions of lives every year, then you aren't much of a capitalist.