Thread: FL- What do you call a cop who beats up a one-legged man and his wife? That's rght... a HERO

FL- What do you call a cop who beats up a one-legged man and his wife? That's rght... a HERO

SUBURBAN BOYNTON BEACH - New video shows the arrest of a Palm Beach County man once hailed as a hero. But the aggressive behavior of the deputies captured on camera has the man looking for accountability.

The video of the February 4, 2015 incident, given to us by a NewsChannel 5 source, shows a deputy with the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office pull over Angel Soto for a broken headlight and expired license plate.

Soto watched the video with us Tuesday.

He admitted to not following every order. He says he didn't stop his car right away, instead led the deputy to his home a couple of blocks away.

He explained he didn't want to stop on Old Boynton Road because he was hit by a car on the road in 2012 while rescuing a driver in a different crash. That incident forced doctors to amputate his right leg above the knee.

"I had a traumatic experience on that road," he said.

An internal review of the incident states Soto punched a deputy.

In the video you see a scuffle between Soto and a deputy before a second deputy arrives and hits Soto with his baton; eventually pushing Soto's wife to the ground three times as she approaches the area.

"I was scared for my life," Soto said. "My heart was racing after I was being tased. I couldn't move, I was in a state of shock."

At the end of the night, he was arrested for battery on a law enforcement officer, resisting arrest and fleeing.

Soto says he's innocent and his actions didn't merit the response from deputies.

"These guys give the right guys a bad name because I know good officers, and good officers don't do things to good people," Soto said.

The PBSO internal review of Deputy Tim Rieger, the one seen hitting Soto and pushing his wife, states the use of force "appears to be reasonable and necessary." The internal investigation is closed.
    http://www.wptv.com/news/region-s-pa...ect-with-baton

other site: http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/ne...tons-pb/nk9g6/
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "I know good officers, and good officers don't do things to good people," Soto said.
    You're right Soto. But they keep quiet and help whitewash little situations like yours daily.

The internal investigation is closed.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

"What do you call a cop who beats up a one-legged man and his wife?"

Sadly, you call him the norm.

Welcome to police state Amerika.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Beating up a disabled guy and a woman...Now that's heroic. Give those guys medals and paid leave.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    "What do you call a cop who beats up a one-legged man and his wife?"

Sadly, you call him the norm.

Welcome to police state Amerika.
    You don't understand.

The officer was safe at the end of his watch.

That's all that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    You don't understand.

That's all that matters.

I stand, er sit corrected, comrade.

Long live the glorious homeland and her enforcers!
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

That's the spirit! 'Murica, $#@! yeah!

ETA: Just remember to capitalize The Glorious Homeland and Her Enforcers in the future.
    Last edited by heavenlyboy34; 05-09-2015 at 06:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Hear Hear!

Doubleplusgood comrade!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

Answer: A hero, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    That's the spirit! 'Murica, $#@! yeah!

ETA: Just remember to capitalize The Glorious Homeland and Her Enforcers in the future.

Thank you, comrade, for correcting my egregious error.

I'll report for re-education first thing Monday morning.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by aGameOfThrones View Post
    Here's the original tweet before he took it down.

Franklin Graham sez Obey

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    You don't understand.

That's all that matters.
    I'll bet he needs counseling and medication for PTDS now though. It must have been horrifying.
    "The Patriarch"

Listen, the guy could have taken his leg off and used it as a weapon, use your brains.... safety first.
    FJB

" "I was scared for my life," Soto said.*"

Unfortunately, Mr Soto, whereas a government employee could say the same sentence and have all use of force justified, your use of that sentence given your status as a mundane, will not be viewed kindly by the knights of the realm and their masters.

nothing worse than a hysterical woman screaming while you try and beat the $#@! out of her disabled husband.

case closed. Policy followed. Officer safety.

why do i have to keep reminding you guys?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.