Thread: Dashcam footage shows Delaware police officer kicking suspect in face

Dashcam footage shows Delaware police officer kicking suspect in face

Dashcam video released Thursday shows a black suspect being kicked in the face by a white Delaware police who was charged last week with assault.

The video, recorded August 2013, was released by Dover police after a federal judge ruled last week that it was no longer considered confidential. The ruling came in a lawsuit filed on behalf of the suspect by the American Civil Liberties Union.

Recorded by another officer’s dashboard camera, the video shows Dover Cpl. Thomas Webster IV kicking Lateef Dickerson after Dickerson gets down on his hands and knees in response to commands to get on the ground.

Dickerson, 30, was knocked out and suffered a broken jaw, police said in a news release Monday after Webster was charged.

Webster, 41, was arrested Monday and placed on unpaid leave after a grand jury indicted him for second-degree assault. A previous grand jury declined to indict Webster in March 2014, and the U.S. Attorney’s Office, after reviewing the case, found no violation of Dickerson’s civil rights.
    More at link with a picture but no video.
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/05/08...ntcmp=trending

Edit:youtube vid

Last edited by mad cow; 05-09-2015 at 12:25 AM.
    Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

A police state is a small price to pay for living in the freest country on earth.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The (sic) Webster and another officer encountered Dickerson while responding to a fight at a local service station possibly involving someone with a gun. Court records show that Dickerson has a long criminal history. He was arrested by Dover police last July after a traffic stop for expired tags and was charged with DUI and several weapons charges.
    They made sure to smear the victim, but it is worth mentioning that, at the point of this arrest, he had done nothing wrong and no charges were filed.

Also, what do cop-sucking, Romans 13 Christians have to say about this?

This man had done nothing wrong and immediately complied with their "commands", and still ended up in the hospital at the hands of cops.

I guess he just didn't obey hard enough.

Teeth can be a dangerous weapon. All I see is a hero disarming a villain.
    "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." - Groucho Marx
    My civil neighbor, the tax-gatherer, is the very man I have to deal with--for it is, after all, with men and not with parchment that I quarrel--and he has voluntarily chosen to be an agent of the government.-Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    They made sure to smear the victim, but it is worth mentioning that, at the point of this arrest, he had done nothing wrong and no charges were filed.

Also, what do cop-sucking, Romans 13 Christians have to say about this?

This man had done nothing wrong and immediately complied with their "commands", and still ended up in the hospital at the hands of cops.

I guess he just didn't obey hard enough.
    Still would like an answer to this...

Don't hold your breath waiting for a satisfactory answer from the copsuckers. I sincerely doubt one will be forthcoming.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    Don't hold your breath waiting for a satisfactory answer from the copsuckers. I sincerely doubt one will be forthcoming.
    LOL - Well I hope I'm mostly shouting into an echo chamber on this.

Probably be better placed at policeone.com or Franklin Grahams' website.

No video, mo copsucking
    There's video? no copsucking
    Last edited by juleswin; 05-09-2015 at 11:46 AM.

Well, the real saints got beheaded for precisely NOT obeying authorities commands. Most noteably by refusing to participate in wars.

Paul the liar also wrote this:

Acts 5:29 But Peter and the apostles answered, “We must obey God rather than men."
    But I'm sure some "Romans 13 Christian" as you call them will be along shortly to tell me I'm taking him out of context.

I mean God gave this world over to Satan. So is Paul saying we should obey Satan since God put him in power? Doesn't pass the smell test.

Only thing Jesus ever said was "observe what they tell you to observe" and he was referring to those in the seat of Moses. No one is in the seat of Moses anymore. But even there he said, "but don't do the works they do because they say, and do not."

The real command from Jesus against authority is "do not resist evil". That puts a damper in any kind of violent revolution. But you'll notice that the "Romans 13 Christians" will ignore this because it puts a damper on their crusade to cleanse the world of jihadists. They follow the scripture that justifies their Satanic beliefs.

If you are in the midst of saving someone's life then you can confront the cops. That's a hard and dangerous scenario to read though. As far as justice, well, you'll just have to wait on the Lord like the rest of us. He promised us vengeance, but He forbid us to do it.

Rev 6:9-11 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held: 10And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth? 11And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.
    We are in the fifth seal. The age of martyrdom. When enough martyrs blood has been spilled then all these cops and copsuckers are $#@!ed. Because the 6th seal is the beginning of the terrible day of the Lord.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by wizardwatson View Post
    Paul the liar also wrote this:
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that considers Paul a liar and hypocrite.

The real command from Jesus against authority is "do not resist evil".
    If this can be shown to be the case, always and without question, then it will be time for me to renounce my faith and be done with it.

I will not be part of a religion that says you must sit idly by, while you are able and willing to respond, to resist evil.

That puts a damper in any kind of violent revolution. But you'll notice that the "Romans 13 Christians" will ignore this because it puts a damper on their crusade to cleanse the world of jihadists. They follow the scripture that justifies their Satanic beliefs.
    A valid point and the downside to what I just mentioned.

If this can be shown to be the case, always and without question, then it will be time for me to renounce my faith and be done with it.

I will not be part of a religion that says you must sit idly by, while you are able and willing to respond, to resist evil.
    Loving your enemies is hard teaching. And no, it doesn't translate into "let them run you and your neighbor through with the sword in every situation". We can always twist an individual verse like "do not resist evil" to mean that even exposing the truth like you do every day is violating this command. It isn't.

I just think of criminals as wild animals. There's nothing wrong with putting them in cages to protect the villagers. Protecting the sheep is not "resisting evil" it's protecting the sheep. Trying to "change" the criminal through punishment or "kill" the criminal by violence is resisting evil.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

Cop Gets Off Scot-Free After Punting an Innocent, Compliant Man’s Head Like a Football on Video

Dover, DE – Officer Thomas Webster of the Dover Police Department was finally indicted last May for kicking a man in the face during a despicable act of police incompetence in August of 2013. The attack was captured on the dash camera on another officer’s car, which showed the victim, Latif Dickerson getting kicked in the face by Webster as he was complying with the officer’s orders.

Dover Police Lt. Jason Pires said that the department chose to release the video immediately after the indictment to “control the narrative,” after keeping it secret for nearly two years.

“We released the video because the judge considered it no longer to be confidential. We’re a very transparent police department, and we feel that we handled this situation properly,“ Pires said.

In the attack, Dickerson was knocked out and had his jaw broken despite never being guilty of committing any crime. Dickerson just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. He was on his knees with his hands on the ground when Webster delivered the jaw-shattering kick, leaving him unconscious.

The case was taken before a grand jury in 2014, but Webster was not indicted. The case was reopened, however, when the Delaware Attorney General’s office took it before a second grand jury, who charged him with assault.

“We believe that the video demonstrates the need for large-scale reform of the Dover Police Department, specifically improvements to their use of force and internal affairs practices, and supervision of their officers. The people of Dover have a right to know about this incident and deserve a dialogue with law enforcement about how they can create a safe and equitable Dover community for all.” Kathleen MacRae, executive director of the ACLU of Delaware, said.

Webster’s defense during the trial was nothing short of laughable, yet, somehow, it worked.

“I wasn’t intending to kick him in the head. I was intending to kick him in the body,” Webster testified to the grand jury. He then claimed that he was in “fear for his life,” because they were looking for an armed black man with a yellow shirt and their incompetence led them to an innocent unarmed black man with a yellow hat instead.

The jury bought this ridiculous excuse for severely injuring an innocent man, whose only fault was to cross paths with this abusive tyrant. After a deliberation that lasted over three days, on Tuesday, the jury found Webster not guilty on both felony and misdemeanor charges of assault.

“This obviously was a thoughtful verdict. I hope we can all move on from this,” James Liguori, Webster’s lawyer, told reporters before hugging his client.

Although the department hasn’t made a public statement about whether or not Webster will be allowed back on the force, this acquittal essentially guarantees that he will.

The federal civil rights lawsuit filed for Dickerson has been resolved, but no details were forthcoming from Richard Morse, an American Civil Liberties Union lawyer who spoke with AP.

The video below is hard to watch as it shows how armed agents of the state can brutally assault an innocent man and do so with impunity. Notice at the end of the video how they realize, only after severely injuring Dickerson, that their other officers had located the actual suspect in a yellow shirt.

Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/cop...8xHkdYVkILP.99

The criminal should be thankful the nice officer didn't kick him in the gonads instead.

UPDATE:

Dover Officer Who Kicked Man in Head Gets $230K

The former Dover police officer acquitted of felony assault is receiving $230,000 as part of his resignation agreement with the city.

Former Cpl. Thomas Webster IV was found not guilty by a jury in December.

He resigned Tuesday with an effective separation date of June 30, 2016, according to documents obtained Wednesday by WBOC.

The documents detail the terms of the separation agreement between Webster and the City of Dover.

The city will continue to pay Webster his salary and benefits which both pay into his pension through his June 30 separation date, according to the separation agreement.

The city also agrees to pay Webster $230,000 in payments of approximately $40,000 annual for six years beginning January 2017, according to the agreement.

Both parties said they will not discuss the terms of the agreement or offer any reasons explaining why or how it was reached.
    http://www.wboc.com/story/31306476/o...head-gets-230k

Supporting Member
    Colorado

Officer came from other side, but 9 seconds from instant dashcam car stops until the punt to the head

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnZcnw0xbbQ

So, I guess since he was found not guilty a civil suit by the victim against the officer may not be an option?

It would be sweet if the victim could sue and win a judgement for around, say, $230,000 or so.