Thread: Poll 60% of Republicans won't vote for Bush?

Poll 60% of Republicans won't vote for Bush?

This is the second poll of this type I have seen with similar results, the link is broken on their website though. Does anyone know if this is a valid poll? Doesn't this make him unelectable?

htp://gamechangerpac.com/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This proves that Jeb Bush is the only electable Republican in the field and MUST be nominated in the Primary. /s

That will change when the media tells republicans that he is the only one who can beat Hillary. Look at the last two dingbats who won the primaries for the republicans. Never underestimate the gulibility of the American people.

The real question is, how many of that 60% would actually go to the polls to vote for anyone?

What GOP percentage won't vote for Rand?

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    What GOP percentage won't vote for Rand?
    I'll WAG that one at 25-30% at this point in time, down to 10-15% by November of 2016. It's purely anecdotal from conversations with hundreds of establishmentarian GOP party activists.

LOL:

UPDATE (5/8/2015):

A large number of people have accused Game Changer PAC of lying about the results, Of making the whole thing up as a hit piece against Jeb Bush, Of not using a random sample for our poll, et cetera ad nauseam.

This update is to clarify some of those misconceptions.

The plain and simple truth is that it was a scientific poll, open to all likely Republican Primary voters. The respondents had to answer YES to the question “Are you likely to vote in the Republican Presidential Primaries” in order to be counted.

There were no incentives to be part of the poll and there were no restrictions such as liking our facebook page, following us on twitter, or being subscribed to our newsletter.

We took great pains when crafting the poll to be fully impartial and not show favoritism to ANY candidate over another. No candidates’ names were listed as part of the text of a question, and in answer sections that listed candidates’ names, as possible answers, all candidates were listed in alphabetical order.

The question “SELECT THE CANDIDATES -IF ANY- , THAT, IF THEY BECAME THE NOMINEE, WOULD CAUSE YOU TO NOT VOTE IN THE 2016 GENERAL PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION.” was an optional question that respondents were not required to answer.

We included this question because of what we saw in the 2014 California Gubernatorial Election. In that election you had 3 main candidates.

Jerry Brown (Democratic incumbent)
    Neel Kashkari (“Establishment” Republican candidate)
    Tim Donnelly (“Tea Party” Republican candidate)

Kashkari was seen by many Tea Party Republicans as more liberal than Brown due to his management of the Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP). Donnelly was a founding member of the “Minute Men” civilian border patrol and an unabashed right winger. Kashkari was a late entry, to replace Able Maldonado who dropped out, with a lot of money behind him.

Because of Kashkari’s perceived liberalism many far right Republicans publicly stated that they would skip the General Election if Donnelly wasn’t the nominee -Since write-ins aren’t allowed in partisan General Elections in California due to Prop 14.

Kashkari went on to beat Donnelly in the Primary and then those who said that they wouldn’t vote in the general, didn’t. The 2014 California Gubernatorial General Election had a turnout rate of 21.4% which was not only a record low but less than half of the turn out seen in the 2010 midterms.

We were very surprised by the result of the poll, which is why we wrote about it. If a different candidate had seen a similar result then it would be their name in the title of this article, not Jeb Bush’s.

Game Changer PAC has not endorsed or backed any Current or Potential 2016 Presidential Candidate from ANY political party.

We understand that this is not a favorable poll result for Jeb Bush. We understand why so many have reservations about believing the results. However, those were the results.

Thank you for reading.

Bah. A lot of people wouldn't vote for Romney or McCain, either. Yet, they still got the nomination.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomProsperityPeace View Post
    Bah. A lot of people wouldn't vote for Romney or McCain, either. Yet, they still got the nomination.

Seems about right, based on this report. Just over 27% of registered Republicans voted in the 2012 general election.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    This proves that Jeb Bush is the only electable Republican in the field and MUST be nominated in the Primary. /s
    Why did you put a sarcasm tag at the end of that?
    The Bastiat Collection ˇ FREE PDF ˇ FREE EPUB ˇ PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

ˇ tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ˇ

Those 60% of Republicans that say they won't vote for Jeb Bush, will in fact vote for him when he wins the nomination, this has been proven over and over again. They are all talk until they are presented the option of voting for Bush or Clinton.

Republican Conservative: "I'm not going to vote for Bush."

Republican Liberal: "You don't want Hillary as President, do you?"

Republican Conservative: "No."

Republican Liberal: "Then you have to vote for Bush because otherwise we are stuck with Hillary as our President. Plus, the next President will nominate a bunch of Supreme Court justices and we can't have the Supreme Court filled with liberals nominated by Clinton. You have to vote for Bush or we'll end up with President Hillary."

Republican Conservative: "You're right, I guess I better vote for Bush."

- ML

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Landon View Post
    Those 60% of Republicans that say they won't vote for Jeb Bush, will in fact vote for him when he wins the nomination, this has been proven over and over again. They are all talk until they are presented the option of voting for Bush or Clinton.

Republican Conservative: "I'm not going to vote for Bush."

Republican Liberal: "You don't want Hillary as President, do you?"

Republican Conservative: "No."

Republican Liberal: "Then you have to vote for Bush because otherwise we are stuck with Hillary as our President. Plus, the next President will nominate a bunch of Supreme Court justices and we can't have the Supreme Court filled with liberals nominated by Clinton. You have to vote for Bush or we'll end up with President Hillary."

Republican Conservative: "You're right, I guess I better vote for Bush."

- ML
    Unfortunately that describes me. I hate the Clintons and don't want them back in the white house. If Jeb wins I'll just vote for him, screw it.

I would stay home if he is the nominee. Clinton is pure evil, Jeb is perhaps not (he hasn't killed anyone yet, not to my knowledge anyway) but Bush 41, 43 AND 45? I can't bring myself to do that. Especially not when his son is probably going to run for Pres in the future too.

40% would vote for Bush making him the #1 choice.

Since Bush is probably much more like what the democrats want, shouldn't they have asked them if they would vote for him?

I live in MS and if that is not deep in Republican country I don't know what is, and I haven't found anyone yet that likes/supports Bush. I tell you it will be a big battle this year between Carson, Santorum, and Huckabee for the Evangelical wing (which also tends to be more war hawkish) but I don't see anyone else but neocons pushing Jeb (and they are not as powerful as they think without evangelicals).
    I am more and more convinced that man is a dangerous creature and that power, whether vested in many or a few, is ever grasping, and like the grave, cries, 'Give, give.'

Abigail Adams

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.