Thread: NJ-Cop shoots dog inside home for no apparent reason

Exclamation NJ-Cop shoots dog inside home for no apparent reason

Officials: Paterson police officer shot dog inside city home

http://www.northjersey.com/news/offi...home-1.1326535

PATERSON – A city police officer shot and killed a pit bull inside a house in the 2nd Ward early Wednesday morning in a case that is being investigated by the Police Department’s Internal Affairs division, officials said.

Officials have provided few details on the incident. They have not revealed what prompted the shooting or why the officer was inside the home. Police Director Jerry Speziale referred questions to Capt. Richard Reyes, who is in charge of Internal Affairs. Reyes said he could not discuss the incident because of confidentiality rules involving Internal Affairs investigations.

The incident happened sometime before 3 a.m. at a two-story house on Dixon Avenue, officials said. Paterson’s chief animal control officer, John DeCando, said the 50-pound dog was dead when his staff arrived at the scene. Animal control officers took the dog’s body to a veterinarian for an examination, a standard practice, he said.

Paterson Press tried to reach the dog’s owners. There was no answer at the door when a reporter visited the house on Wednesday afternoon. Two dogs were barking and yelping inside the house.
    "Truly, whoever can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Give them a day or two and they'll come up with a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Give them a day or two and they'll come up with a reason.
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking as well.

Gotta get everybody's stories straight.

So wait, now the cops can enter your house when you're not there, without your permission, and assassinate your dog. Guess I should warn my dog not to come to the door when someone knocks.

Quote Originally Posted by jbauer View Post
    So wait, now the cops can enter your house when you're not there, without your permission, and assassinate your dog. Guess I should warn my dog not to come to the door when someone knocks.
    Well, that's what it looks like on the surface.

I'm sure they'll come up with some sort of justification: "felony in progress" or "safety visit" or "knock and talk".

Maybe the dog reminded the cop of another dog that he really hated.