Thread: VERY Interesting: Cruz's South Carolina Leadership Team

VERY Interesting: Cruz's South Carolina Leadership Team

https://www.tedcruz.org/news/cruz-fo...adership-team/

I just saw this. The three co-chairmen of the Cruz team in SC are State Sen. Lee Bright, State Rep. Bill Chumley, and Sheriff Ray Nash.

I know nothing of Chumley, but I am very familiar with Bright and Nash.

Bright, most of you will recall, strongly supported Ron Paul in 2012 and was the liberty candidate against Lindsey Graham in 2014.

Nash ran for Tim Scott's House seat after he was appointed to the Senate. I remember many liberty people preferred him over Mark Sanford on a principled basis, and the Republican Liberty Caucus made him their choice.

Also of note: Bill Connor, one of the other main candidates who ran against Graham.

I also see some Bright and Connor supporters on the list I conversed and argued with, respectively. It is interesting how the two camps seemed to have joined together.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Awesome, I wonder if they'll jump onto Rand's wagon when Cruz bows out?

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Lee Bright only supported Ron after Bachmann failed. Make no mistake, he's in the Cruz camp.

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    Awesome, I wonder if they'll jump onto Rand's wagon when Cruz bows out?
    Doesn't really matter, if Cruz is getting such high profile people on board for SC, then he almost certainly will stay in the race until after the South Carolina primary. After the SC primary, those guys don't matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

I may be over thinking it, but I recall Ron sending me an email endorsing Ted. I also remember Ted strongly supporting Rands filibuster. To me, Cruz is a plant in the presidential election to draw votes away from the neocons. I think Rand and Ted orchestrated this to give Rand a better shot at the nomination. Seeing how many staff between the Paul family and Cruz are the same leads me to think I am correct. I see Rand and Cruz putting this thing together in a way not yet seen before.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard101 View Post
    Lee Bright only supported Ron after Bachmann failed. Make no mistake, he's in the Cruz camp.
    Yep. Cruz is Bachman 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by robertwerden View Post
    I may be over thinking it, but I recall Ron sending me an email endorsing Ted. I also remember Ted strongly supporting Rands filibuster. To me, Cruz is a plant in the presidential election to draw votes away from the neocons. I think Rand and Ted orchestrated this to give Rand a better shot at the nomination. Seeing how many staff between the Paul family and Cruz are the same leads me to think I am correct. I see Rand and Cruz putting this thing together in a way not yet seen before.
    You are over thinking, ask yourself, who is Cruz taking Bright away from? Rand Paul, duhhhhhhhhhh. Not the NeoCons.
    Cruz is a narcissistic ass. The serious Paul supporters have left the Cruz campaign by now.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe