Thread: NYPD Officer who was shot in the head has died

NYPD Officer who was shot in the head has died

While Baltimore was returning to normalcy, NY is facing different situation.

Officer’s vital signs plummet after being shot in the head

By Larry Celona, Shawn Cohen, Jamie Schram and Bruce Golding
    May 2, 2015 | 6:41pm

Brian Moore (left) and Demetrius Blackwell Photo: AP ; Paul Martinka
    The distraught family of NYPD Officer Brian Moore was preparing for the worst Sunday as his condition deteriorated from a bullet wound to the head that left him on life support.

Moore’s parents, including his retired-cop dad, Raymond, were joined by his police partner and dozens of other officers at Jamaica Hospital after he began bleeding uncontrollably and his blood pressure plummeted early Sunday, sources told The Post.
    At one point, a police chaplain was called to the hospital after Moore, 25, underwent four hours of emergency surgery to repair the damage from a bullet that struck him in his forehead and exited the back of his neck, tearing his brain stem, sources said.

http://nypost.com/2015/05/02/nypd-co...ead-in-queens/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't like to see anyone die.

The future is bleak if people can't learn how to respect each other. This goes for all people

Shot in the forehead and exited at the back of the neck... how did they ever expect he could live with that kind of damage??
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post

The future is bleak if people can't learn how to respect each other. This goes for all people
    I agree. Very sad.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

I dislike it to. Its hard to live at peace with people who are trying to disarm you, though.

Lots of people get killed on the job....its always tragic.

next.

meh. the police behave as an occupying army. I'm all for political and social solutions.... but when one of them gets out thugged by a competing gang banger, it bothers me about as much as watching a fly struggle on flypaper.

4 people and 16 dogs shot daily by cops

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    Lots of people get killed on the job....its always tragic.

next.
    A car wreck, falling off a scaffold, being electrocuted.....all tragic true. A human being who chooses to use violence and possibly end another persons life is not the same thing. This holds equally true when it's the Cop perepetuating the violence on another.

Your using the same logic cops use when they kill someone.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    A car wreck, falling off a scaffold, being electrocuted.....all tragic true. A human being who chooses to use violence and possibly end another persons life is not the same thing. This holds equally true when it's the Cop perepetuating the violence on another.

Your using the same logic cops use when they kill someone.
    when someone signs up to be a cop, i believe its a given that you may not get to retire, or retire in one piece. Same applies for lots of high risk jobs. Why is a cops life anymore important than some bakery worker who falls into a mixer for example?....

I said the cops death was tragic. Thats about it.

If they chased Demetrius Blackwell into a log cabin in the woods and intentionally burned him alive inside of it live on national TV, not one person could be found calling that a tragedy.

I'm not advocating we don't consider this a tragedy. I'm just reminding everyone of the facts on the ground.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    meh. the police behave as an occupying army. I'm all for political and social solutions.... but when one of them gets out thugged by a competing gang banger, it bothers me about as much as watching a fly struggle on flypaper.

EM.

When making this statement, are you considering that a large and growing number of US policing force is composed of military war heroes returning from Afghanistan/Iraq?

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    EM.

When making this statement, are you considering that a large and growing number of US policing force is composed of military war heroes returning from Afghanistan/Iraq?
    I see nothing heroic about invading foreign countries for imperial corporate interests under the guise of nationalism. The US military has evolved into nothing better than a 21st century version of the British red coats in the late 1700's.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

2015 shaping up to be one of the safest years ever for cops.

Gunfire deaths down 50 percent from 2014

Line of Duty Deaths: 40

9/11 related illness: 2
    Accidental: 1
    Assault: 1
    Automobile accident: 12
    Gunfire: 7
    Gunfire (Accidental): 2
    Heart attack: 10
    Motorcycle accident: 1
    Struck by vehicle: 2
    Vehicle pursuit: 2

https://www.odmp.org/search/year/2015?ref=sidebar

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianAnarchist View Post
    Shot in the forehead and exited at the back of the neck... how did they ever expect he could live with that kind of damage??
    Bravery, willpower, and extensive training. Heros can survive a great amount of damage, but even the best of them do succumb sometimes.
    Last edited by TheTexan; 05-05-2015 at 10:03 PM.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Can I make a recommendation, can we please shut down traffic for at least 6 hours in NYC to honor this fallen Hero's memory with a huge funeral procession?

It's the least we can do.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Very sad, a young man dedicating to challenging civil service killed for no reason.

The prison system needs to have an option for inmates to select ways to change themselves by electing to receive treatment direct to their unconscious minds which can address deep hatereds, conditioning, patterns of living that end up in Criminal or violent activities.

But the courts do not want it, and people are afraid of the notion, preferring homicides and mass murders. Even media censors that the courts are depriving Americans of justice who try to stop the killing by using the justice system to compel mental health departments to use their reduced liability to develop the treatments.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by bxm042 View Post
    Can I make a recommendation, can we please shut down traffic for at least 6 hours in NYC to honor this fallen Hero's memory with a huge funeral procession?

It's the least we can do.
    Working for justice which sees that mental health care is made available in prisons so this kind of violence becomes rare or non existent needs to be done sometime, or it will just continue.

I see nothing heroic about invading foreign countries for imperial corporate interests under the guise of nationalism. The US military has evolved into nothing better than a 21st century version of the British red coats in the late 1700's.
    Ok, that helps understand your eariler view.

There seem to be conflicting reports on this:

Moore, 25, and his partner stopped Blackwell on Saturday after seeing him tugging on his waistband, according to the AP.

“What are you carrying?” Moore, who was wearing plainclothes in an unmarked car, asked Blackwell. Shortly after, Blackwell “in a vicious manner started to fire,” as the prosecutor put it.
    Moore “was shot in the cheek and it came out the other side,” an unidentified source told the New York Daily News.

Moore’s partner, who was not hit, radioed for help, and Blackwell was arrested after a house-to-house search. Three witnesses picked him out of a lineup.
    Blackwell previously served a five-year sentence on an attempted murder charge, and was arrested in 2013 after he allegedly grabbed a police officer’s badge and spit at him.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/m...-nypd-officer/

Not questioning this statistic at all but I would sure like to have a reference for it...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Not questioning this statistic at all but I would sure like to have a reference for it...
    http://www.care2.com/causes/every-98...forcement.html

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/ame...-20th-century/

I care more about the angle fish that died yesterday that i paid five bucks for ....

A veritable orgasm of cop sucking.

Thousands Of Police Mourn One Of Their Own At Funeral For Brian Moore, A 'Cops' Cop'

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...n_7243754.html

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thousands Of Police Mourn One Of Their Own At Funeral For Brian Moore, A 'Cops' Cop'

Sure would be tragic if the terrorists figured out to commandeer some of these during one of those epic displays of solidarity.
    Hope the heroes in blue are being safe.
    Non-violence is the creed of those that maintain a monopoly on force.

Quote Originally Posted by limequat View Post
    Sure would be tragic if the terrorists figured out to commandeer some of these during one of those epic displays of solidarity.
    Don't do that... traffic would be shut down for weeks due to all the funeral processions
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by limequat View Post
    Don't do that... traffic would be shut down for weeks due to all the funeral processions
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by bxm042 View Post
    Round two, three,four, etc etc etc.....