Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Santorum on Bruce Jenner: ‘If He Says He’s Woman, Then He’s a Woman’

Santorum on Bruce Jenner: ‘If He Says He’s Woman, Then He’s a Woman’

This just struck me as pretty funny, considering who it's coming from....

[...]

Speaking to BuzzFeed’s Rosie Gray from the South Carolina Republican Party’s convention this weekend, Santorum had this to say about Jenner’s transition:

“If he says he’s a woman, then he’s a woman. My responsibility as a human being is to love and accept everybody. Not to criticize people for who they are. I can criticize, and I do, for what people do, for their behavior. But as far as for who they are, you have to respect everybody, and these are obviously complex issues for businesses, for society, and I think we have to look at it in a way that is compassionate and respectful of everybody.”

The potential 2016 Republican presidential candidate added that “these are tough issues” and, answering another question about what public restrooms Jenner should be able to use, said that he does not “think the federal government should get into the whole issue of bathrooms.”

Santorum has long been a prominent foe of the LGBT community, so it is more than a little surprising to hear him express so much unconditional support for Jenner. Is it Jenner’s embrace of the Republican Party that has Santorum feeling so friendly? Or could it be Jenner’s declaration that being transgender does not make him gay?

Read more: http://www.mediaite.com/online/santo...n-hes-a-woman/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think Santorum is way more confused about sexuality than Jenner.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I think Santorum is way more confused about sexuality than Jenner.
    hear here.

If it was Lindsey Graham I'd say takes one to know one

Santorum has always struck me as being capricious. His past love and support of abortion and his bizarre ties with Rome's token masonic order (Opus Dei) makes me suspicious of his sincerity on any topic. Hopefully this walking, talking skid-mark of a human being will not be a factor in any election in the future. I seriously would prefer it if the guy just disappeared from the public eye.

Quote Originally Posted by hells_unicorn View Post
    Santorum has always struck me as being capricious. His past love and support of abortion and his bizarre ties with Rome's token masonic order (Opus Dei) makes me suspicious of his sincerity on any topic. Hopefully this walking, talking skid-mark of a human being will not be a factor in any election in the future. I seriously would prefer it if the guy just disappeared from the public eye.
    I have no rep left...

He's a woman, that likes women, but he's not gay?

It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by santorum
    My responsibility as a human being is to love and accept everybody. Not to criticize people for who they are.
    Oh so NOW you like the golden rule? Now you want to sound like Jesus?

There's no point even digging up his YTs. It's too easy.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm way more socially conservative than he is, but far less authoritarian...

Okay...so if Santorum is abandoning his alleged social conservatism, what exactly is his constituency going to be?

Other sweater-vest enthusiasts?

I think you will see a tremendous backlacklash from women when 6'4", 250lbs women with penises start attempting to use the women's locker room regularly. Just my prediction...

I'm a cisgendered penguin. Accept me for who I am. I can't be taxed because I'm not human. Kaaaaaw
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    GrammarNAZI alert: Whom. WHOM. Yes? Yes. Whom.

Thankyouverymuch.

Sincerely,

-GrammarNAZI

“If he says he’s a woman, then he’s a woman. My responsibility as a human being is to love and accept everybody. Not to criticize people for who they are. I can criticize, and I do, for what people do, for their behavior. But as far as for who they are, you have to respect everybody, and these are obviously complex issues for businesses, for society, and I think we have to look at it in a way that is compassionate and respectful of everybody.”
    I see our little monkey has turned into a chameleon. Am I mistaken, or is this not the same Frothy who was decrying the sinful grossness of gaybuttsexers and that they are... what was it... going to hell or some such?

He is one of those people for whom I would shed no tear, were I to learn he'd been beaten with an iron bar.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Liberty View Post
    I'm way more socially conservative than he is, but far less authoritarian...
    Many Reconstructionists have supported Santorum, like Douglas Wilson in the last election.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Okay...so if Santorum is abandoning his alleged social conservatism, what exactly is his constituency going to be?

Other sweater-vest enthusiasts?
    Would it not be entertaining were Ricky to finally square up with himself and the world by coming out? Seems to me that any man who spends as much time addressing the gay thing as does Frothy, secretly yearns for a big giant penis in his mouth, replete with the happy ending.

Come on Rick, 'fess up. I promise you will feel better right away.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    I think you will see a tremendous backlacklash from women when 6'4", 250lbs women with penises start attempting to use the women's locker room regularly. Just my prediction...
    I hope you are right, on the backlash thing..
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Grammar Nazi oops. In the above, 'who' is the subject of the subclause and is therefore appropriate. Whom is used as an object.

to exemplify, used as a subclause like above:

What I really want to know is, who is doing what to whom?

Who is the subject, whom is the object. The same applies even to subclauses like the one in question.

In that post, Cajun was correct in her use of 'who.'

Me personally, I don't care. But I do admit that I get a chuckle out of grammar naziing gone wrong.

Where's that SNL skit of Santorum in a gay bar during a debate?

"Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post

Thankyouverymuch.

Sincerely,

-GrammarNAZI
    I'll grammar NAZI ya right back. This is one of those rather rare instances in which word order allows a speaker/writer to be freer with declension. If the order was [...]considering from whom it's coming[...], I would agree. cajun's use of the nominative is, IMHO, grammatically correct. Also, "whom" is more of a bookism nowadays (for better or for worse). It has all but gone the way of "thou". Since forums are more like spoken language than written(in practice), "who" is a logical choice.
    Last edited by heavenlyboy34; 05-03-2015 at 10:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa

Thankyouverymuch.

Sincerely,

-GrammarNAZI
    You sir, have embarrassed the department with your misconduct. Please turn in your GrammarNazi badge and pistol and enjoy your 6 months paid leave.

"This just struck me as pretty funny, considering who it's coming from from whom it's coming."

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior_of_Freedom View Post
    I'm a cisgendered penguin. Accept me for who I am. I can't be taxed because I'm not human. Kaaaaaw
    I assume you were hatched that way?
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    Many Reconstructionists have supported Santorum, like Douglas Wilson in the last election.
    The Reconstructionists always struck me as a bit conflicted, holding up the banner of Calvinism while voting for idolaters, particularly ones with ties to hotbeds of semi-pelgianism like the Opus Dei. I guess it goes with tending towards Biblicism rather than adhering to subordinate confessional standards. Either way, I think Wilson took a very bad position on that one.

You sir, have embarrassed the department with your misconduct. Please turn in your GrammarNazi badge and pistol and enjoy your 6 months paid leave.

"This just struck me as pretty funny, considering who it's coming from from whom it's coming."
    Well-played. It's like you're my brother from another mother...or something along those lines.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by hells_unicorn View Post
    The Reconstructionists always struck me as a bit conflicted, holding up the banner of Calvinism while voting for idolaters, particularly ones with ties to hotbeds of semi-pelgianism like the Opus Dei. I guess it goes with tending towards Biblicism rather than adhering to subordinate confessional standards. Either way, I think Wilson took a very bad position on that one.
    The thing is, they don't even hold up what can historically be called Calvinism. If Calvinism is what they say it is, count me out. I'll stick with the Bible.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I guess Bruce Jenner can throw his gold medal in the trash can because by his logic everyone has won the gold medal given that everyone wants to win a gold medal.
    Last edited by dude58677; 05-03-2015 at 11:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    Grammar Nazi oops. In the above, 'who' is the subject of the subclause and is therefore appropriate. Whom is used as an object.

to exemplify, used as a subclause like above:

What I really want to know is, who is doing what to whom?

Who is the subject, whom is the object. The same applies even to subclauses like the one in question.

In that post, Cajun was correct in her use of 'who.'

Me personally, I don't care. But I do admit that I get a chuckle out of grammar naziing gone wrong.

I don't think I am wrong Gunny. I will explain. The original statement:

This just struck me as pretty funny, considering who it's coming from.
    Note the hanging preposition, "from". The grammatically correct form would be:

This just struck me as pretty funny, considering from whom it's coming.
    The preposition "from" objectifies "who", rendering the proper form to "whom".

I may be wrong on this. I am, after all GrammarNAZI, not always GrammarExpert.

A good rule of thumb is that when "who" is used with a modifying preposition, the proper form becomes "whom".

Of WHOM do you speak?

To WHOM do you refer?

With WHOM are you attending?

For WHOM do you work?

Under WHOM are you secretary?

By WHOM do you claim authority?

And so on.

But if I am wrong, I am wrong.

I will turn in the badge, but please and for the sake of mercy allow me my pistol that I may atone for my sins at the foot of my bed.

Wait a minute... did you say "PAID" leave?

Um... OK, here's the gun... I'll be in Aruba if anyone needs me.

Santorum on Bruce Jenner

Conjures an image that belongs in Hot topics. (or not at all)
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    The thing is, they don't even hold up what can historically be called Calvinism. If Calvinism is what they say it is, count me out. I'll stick with the Bible.
    I think that Rousas Rushdoony had a fairly strong grasp of biblical law, but he struggled applying it consistently. I generally have more in common with the politics of some of the Reconstructionists than I do with the mainstream GOP, but they run into serious trouble in a couple areas, which is why I never identified as one. The main point that they miss the boat on is the historical nature of the Christian faith. Calvin's writings, along with Luther's, Knox's, and the Synods and Assemblies of the Presbyterian and German/Dutch/Other Reformed Churches has a testimonial character to them that provides very beneficial guidance to those trying to comprehend the scriptures and also how to avoid errors. The same basically holds true for pre-Reformation and Early Church writers, though as with any teaching authority subordinate to scripture, they are naturally not infallible, though I would argue that understanding them is of a hypothetical necessity if one wishes to engage in theological combat with the adversaries of the faith.

Probably the biggest commonality I have with the Reconstructionists is their Post-Millennial eschatology. I tend to have an optimistic view of what the future will hold for the church, but I take more of a Revivalist position than a Dominionist one when it comes to implementation.

This. GrammarNazi must acknowledge that I left a preposition dangling in my OP sentence.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast