Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pacquiao-Mayweather tonite. Who ya got?

Pacquiao-Mayweather tonite. Who ya got?

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...ight-megafight

I'm going with Pac on points. And I say these American announcers got it wrong about Pacquiao in the dumb stare down. Just the Filipino way, fellas.

Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Record: 47-0 (26 KO)

Height: 5 feet, 8 inches

Weight: 147

Style: Orthodox

Reach: 72 inches

Trainer: Floyd Mayweather, Sr.

Current WBC, WBA and The Ring welterweight champion and WBC, WBA and The Ring light middleweight champion, Five-division world champion

Manny Pacquiao

Record: 57-5-2 (38 KO)

Height: 5 feet, 6.5 inches

Weight: 147

Style: Southpaw

Reach: 67 inches
    Last edited by NorthCarolinaLiberty; 05-02-2015 at 03:24 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Draw.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

I'm in for Pacq. I always pull for 'south-paws.'

If it goes the distance the decision is going to be for Mayweather. Even if everyone knows it is BS.

Slutter McGee

2 guys dancing around each other exchanging punches while wearing padded mittens. A infomercial would be more interesting.

What really amazes me is that suckers are paying up to $4,500 ea for scalped tickets!

-t

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tangent4ronpaul View Post
    2 guys dancing around each other exchanging punches while wearing padded mittens. A infomercial would be more interesting.

What really amazes me is that suckers are paying up to $4,500 ea for scalped tickets!

-t
    :P I think if you took a shot from someone like Mayweather wearing those "padded mittens" you'll have an attitude change mighty quick. Like any other sport, it's a matter of taste. I find baseball, football, and basketball snoozefests, but ya didn't see me whining in threads about them, did ya? Go fly a kite. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

-t
    No one is forcing you to watch. Or comment.

Does anyone know if there's a live webcast of the fight? I want to watch it but there's no way I'm coughing up for the PPV.

I'm rooting for Pac Man.

-t
    Supply and demand dictate price.

It's called the free market

I hope Pac wins.

I don't care for Mayweather at all.

What do you want me to do, to do for you to see you through?
    A box of rain will ease the pain, and love will see you through.
    Box of Rain, Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV
    A real feminist would have avoided men altogether and found a perfectly good female partner. Because, y'know, all sexual intercourse is actually rape.
    निर्विकल्पा
    aka Wicked Heathen
    I was a nasty woman before Trump made it cool.

My husband's bar paid $10,000.00 to show it.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    What's the cover charge?

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvikalpa View Post
    I hope Pac wins.

I don't care for Mayweather at all
    Why's that, hun? I don't follow boxing well enough to know the drama that goes on in the sport yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_hine View Post
    What's the cover charge?
    $20.00 until a certain time, then it goes up to $30.00 - I can't remember what time he said the price goes up but he said they'd be at capacity before then anyway. They have a projector on the deck and last time they fought, he said the place was packed and there was a huge crowd on the sidewalk, spilling into the street blocking a lane of traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Why's that, hun? I don't follow boxing well enough to know the drama that goes on in the sport yet.
    For starters, he's a wife beater.

http://deadspin.com/heres-floyd-mayw...d-b-1701548806

Going to the circus now to be entertained, I hope they serve bread tonight. $20 cover charger and over priced beer and food. I wish I can resist but its Saturday and I got nothing else to do.

Btw, if Pac wins, I will eat my shoe and video take it for all to see. I don't think he has a prayer but I hope he wins. I don't like Mayweather and I have a thing for underdogs unless those underdogs are the Patriots then its all hate.

That's what everyone was charged to show it! All businesses.

A real feminist would have avoided men altogether and found a perfectly good female partner. Because, y'know, all sexual intercourse is actually rape.
    निर्विकल्पा
    aka Wicked Heathen

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Going to the circus now to be entertained, I hope they serve bread tonight. $20 cover charger and over priced beer and food. I wish I can resist but its Saturday and I got nothing else to do.

Btw, if Pac wins, I will eat my shoe and video take it for all to see. I don't think he has a prayer but I hope he wins. I don't like Mayweather and I have a thing for underdogs unless those underdogs are the Patriots then its all hate.
    Can't edit now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvikalpa View Post
    That's what everyone was charged to show it! All businesses.
    Wow. I wasn't sure. I know they usually charge according to capacity of the establishment.

Hoping Pac wins

Wow. I wasn't sure. I know they usually charge according to capacity of the establishment.
    It is:
    We put in a call to J&J and pretended to be a bar owner looking to buy the fight, and this is the quote we got:

Prices are determined according to the fire code’s limit for the business. if it holds 200 people, this event will be $6,500. for 500 people it will be $15,500. We have a program that gives us a price when we put the fire code limit into it.”
    http://deadspin.com/how-much-will-yo...her-1701543657

Also, the company pays people to drive around and try to find venues that didn't pay the fee.
    http://ktla.com/2015/05/02/mayweathe...f-the-century/
    Audit Masters is one of the firms that sends investigators, known as auditors, out on nights during big events, such as World Cup games, to try to crack down on illegal broadcasts. The investigators get a $250 bounty for each location with an illegal broadcast they find.

The auditors don’t actually shutdown the broadcasts. They take two pictures of the outside of the location, a 60-second video showing the broadcast and provide a signed affidavit for what they found. They’re only to stay in the bar five or ten minutes, the rest is handled after the fact by lawyers representing HBO, Showtime and the cable operators.

Many auditors can earn $1,000 for a night’s work, according to Audit Masters, which says that many of its investigators are off-duty or retired police.

A location caught with an illegal broadcast can end up having to pay as much as $100,000 in fines and other penalties.
    Last edited by specsaregood; 05-02-2015 at 06:03 PM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    It is:

http://deadspin.com/how-much-will-yo...her-1701543657

Also, the company pays people to drive around and try to find venues that didn't pay the fee.
    http://ktla.com/2015/05/02/mayweathe...f-the-century/
    Interesting - for my area they said minimum would be 10k. I know the bar I visit frequently was told 10k (friends with the manager, who asked) and they hold less than 200. Think the max occupancy on their wall is 125.

So it's either he is lying to me or he was going to get ripped off.
    Last edited by Nirvikalpa; 05-02-2015 at 07:59 PM.

निर्विकल्पा
    aka Wicked Heathen

Quote Originally Posted by mac_hine View Post
    Does anyone know if there's a live webcast of the fight? I want to watch it but there's no way I'm coughing up for the PPV.

I'm rooting for Pac Man.
    /r/BoxingStreams

Supposedly trouble with the feed...

Mayweather vs. Pacquiao is breaking Pay-Per-View and everyone's freaking out http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2015/...st-time-warner

Went to 4 different bars before finding one that has open spot.

Chances of me eating my shoes very low.

Enjoy the fight

On a feed I'm reading they say it is being delayed a bit because of all the orders coming in. Estimated 3 million people have bought it so far.

News on the PPV thang.
    The stunning demand for pay-per-view telecasts of the Manny Pacquiao-Floyd Mayweather mega-fight has caused a 45-minute delay of the main event, as broadcasters struggle to get back on air.
    Millions of boxing fans in the US who paid as much $100 to watch the fight were experiencing blackouts due to the record demand.
    Viewers trying to tune in on cable TV are complaining that they are stuck watching a black screen during the undercard fight - just minutes from what has been dubbed the fight of the century. There are reports the start of the bout has been delayed as technicians try to rectify the problem.
    Time Warner, Optimum, DirecTV, Charter, Comcast and AT&T customers all complained of experiencing the same issues - ranging from pixilated screens to screens going to black after the broadcast had started.
    The scale of the problem was enough to have telecasters Showtime and HBO hold up the main fight for about 45 minutes.
    Many missed some, or all, of the undercard fight, which saw Ukrainian Vasyl Lomachenko defend his WBO featherweight title against Gamalier Rodriguez of Puerto Rico.
    Last edited by phill4paul; 05-02-2015 at 09:51 PM.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Is boxing still rigged?
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast