Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Substance abuse sub forum

Substance abuse sub forum

I think substance abuse is a worthy topic that is worthy of a forum.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    Why? You looking for tips?

flakka bad 4 u mkay?

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

The problem with a substance abuse subforum is that the title concedes the true nature of the problem.

People seem to think that drugs and alcohol cause addiction, which isn't really true. Drugs and alcohol are just fun things to do and some people get carried away with it. But they can get carried away with anything... it could be something harmless or something dangerous. Ironically, some drugs are largely harmless and some are more dangerous.

People who have problems with addiction have two problems, which may be separate problems or they may be the same thing.. They have an addictive trait, or gene, or some thing or combination of things that causes them to become addicted to certain brain chemical reactions more easily and they have a problem with self control.
    Last edited by dannno; 05-01-2015 at 06:09 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Also, to justify a subforum you have to have enough threads and interest to justify it.

Medical cannabis and cannabis related stories should absolutely not be put in a "Substance Abuse" forum, that is ridiculous.

There are only a couple of threads a year on things like bath salts and krokodil where people go crazy on some substance and turn into a zombie or something, and we don't even really know what is going on with those stories.

There is a thread about cannabis propaganda, the way the stories portray it you could put it in there but again I'd be absolutely opposed to most anything related to cannabis going into a substance abuse subforum unless it was directly related to cannabis addiction.

There are threads about vaping occasionally, we have a thread called "Vapers of the Forum Unite!" or something similar which was started by one of the premier activists on the site, you really want to put something like that in a substance abuse subforum?

DUI stories are usually related to taking away people's rights, so arguing the fine points of legalizing or to what extent it should be illegal, but that has more to do with rights than substance abuse. I just don't know that there would be much material for it, and I would think most stories related to drugs or alcohol would go in either Personal Health and Well being, Open Discussion, Hot Topics or Individual Rights Violations, etc..
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Are you thinking that liberty minded people cannot struggle with addiction? Alcohol, food, drugs? We have a religion forum. I think a support system for people struggling with dependency issues would be worthwhile.

What are you saying- think there are a lot of substance abusers on the forum?

I confess--I hoard nail polish. I probably have over 100 bottles. All different colors with sparkles and everything. I even paint the dogs toenails. I need help.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm not sure an entire subforum about substance abuse is appropriate.

Couldn't you just start topics related to substance abuse under Personal Health & Well-Being?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

Are you referring to drugs and alcohol? How would you define abuse?
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by tobismom View Post
    Are you referring to drugs and alcohol? How would you define abuse?
    Any form of addiction that afflicts an individual.

I think there are a lot of forums out there specifically intended for that topic. I'm not sure people would feel comfortable discussing it here if they had a problem but I would hope if anyone is feeling desperation they would at least reach out to someone whether here or elsewhere. Just remember there are prying eyes on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    I think there are a lot of forums out there specifically intended for that topic. I'm not sure people would feel comfortable discussing it here if they had a problem but I would hope if anyone is feeling desperation they would at least reach out to someone whether here or elsewhere. Just remember there are prying eyes on here.
    I think that is a very well thought out proactive response!

So...who's got what?

Are you thinking that liberty minded people cannot struggle with addiction? Alcohol, food, drugs? We have a religion forum. I think a support system for people struggling with dependency issues would be worthwhile.
    What are you addicted to?

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    Well some might not, others might trust people here more.

One could certainly create a thread and put it in health and wellbeing or something, I don't think you need the subforum to give permission or encourage people to do it.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It is obviously a bad idea. This forum breeds insensitive crude responses and I am sure that anyone that would post would only open themselves up to ridicule.

It is obviously a bad idea. This forum breeds insensitive crude responses and I am sure that anyone that would post would only open themselves up to ridicule.
    This is a semi-libertarian forum. I can see the "get over it ya $#@!head" responses already.

Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    So...who's got what?
    I've got two cartons of Pall Mall's and a case of Pabst Blue Ribbon but I ain't sharing
    Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

A police state is a small price to pay for living in the freest country on earth.

There's programs for addiction in every town, in every state. I go to A.A. three times a week.

"Hello, my name's Phill and I'm an $#@!."

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    What was the effect?

Words fail me when I attempt to describe my experience with it.

I do NOT recommend it to others

seriously
    There really isn't much to do in the U. P.

Is overeating substance abuse?
    Last edited by NorthCarolinaLiberty; 05-02-2015 at 02:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

My first reaction was in response to the "Substance Abuse" buzz words.

I reject the social engineering aspect that was implied. "Substance Abuse" is vague and overused.

I have used "substances". Occasionally over used some. I have used drugs (including alcohol), but am not addicted to any. Never have been.
    I enjoy tobacco. and am annoyed at the social engineers that have denigrated and restricted my enjoyment of it.

I would like to have a habit of smoking pot.. but only smoke a little very occasionally.. I would prefer it as a daily habit..

There are other substances I would like to have access and availability to use as I choose,,but the social engineers have made that difficult.

There is a huge difference between use and abuse.. anything can be abused,, or misused.

Prohibition was a bad idea a century ago.. it still is a very bad idea.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    What was the effect?

Words fail me when I attempt to describe my experience with it.

I do NOT recommend it to others

seriously
    I'm going to take your advice on that one.
    "The Patriarch"

Any form of addiction that afflicts an individual.
    Would the goal be to offer some support and have people share strategies?
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

My name is Suzanimal, I spilled a glass of Franzia once (or twice). Any tips to keep this from happening again?

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    My name is Suzanimal, I spilled a glass of Franzia once (or twice). Any tips to keep this from happening again?

"I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to luctor-et-emergo again.

We have a couple of those, why didn't I think of that! This substance abuse thread has helped me out, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast