Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Applications for US jobless aid plunge to 15-year low, a sign growth slowdown may be temporary

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    ... how have retail sales been?

Going in the wrong direction. And before you tell me that the percentage change is going to reduce with larger numbers, consider the line heading to zero and below.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thanks for the chart. Bit more on it:

Still in "expansion" figures. Anything over 50 is good.

A bit more on the line. It's going towards 50 and below.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    2015 planned store openings: http://retailindustry.about.com/od/s...Industry_2.htm

2500 Subway (globally)
    1500 Starbucks (China, through 2019)
    1435 Sprint (as part of the RadioShack bankruptcy)
    1000 McDonald’s (global)
    1000 Wendy's (by 2020)
    730 Dollar General
    520 ALDI (globally through 2019)
    440 Dunkin Donuts (US in 2015)
    400 H&M (U.S. and globally)
    300 Dunkin Donuts (Internationally in 2015)
    350 Philly Pretzel Factory (by 2020)
    338 Tony Luke's (by 2025)
    240 Walmart (U.S., large and small format)
    225 Popeye's
    205 Chipotle
    205 O’Reilly Auto Parts
    200 Uniqlo (globally)
    200 Walgreens
    158 Skechers (globally)
    150 Dick's Sporting Goods (through 2018)
    115 Tractor Supply
    100 ULTA100 Under Armour (globally)
    76 Hobby Lobby
    70 Miu Miu (by 2016)
    70 Pizza Studio
    60 Dunkin Donuts (through 2018 in Houston)
    60 Fresh Thyme Farmers Markets (through 2019)
    60 Pizza Hut (through 2017)
    60 Sonic Drive-In
    50 Prada Men’s Store (by 2016)

2015 planned store openings:

Two thirds of those are fast food. Looks like a majority of our investment in 2015 is blubberous people.

Most of the rest are just the junk of dollar stores and other low quality junk.

Thanks for the chart.

Why are you thanking me for anything? Why the disingenuous politeness with everyone here? You purposely post contrary information. Not because you're interested in academic debate, but because you and your progressive organization are trying to discourage new membership on this site.

If you want to answer my questions above, then answer them. If not, then no need to answer with fake syrup. Your intent here is obviously bad, so no sense trying to ingratiate yourself to everyone.
    Last edited by NorthCarolinaLiberty; 05-03-2015 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    Why are you thanking me for anything? Why the disingenuous politeness with everyone here? You purposely post contrary information. Not because you're interested in academic debate, but because you and your progressive organization are trying to discourage new membership on this site.

If you want to answer my questions above, then answer them. If not, then no need to answer with fake syrup. Your intent here is obviously bad, so no sense trying to ingratiate yourself to everyone.
    Which questions? These ones?

Sounds like a fair point. I also wonder how much these extensions have affected sign-ups. Were benefit periods shorter in the past, such as the 1970s? How did the 99 week unemployment benefit program affect sign-ups? The 99 week program was unprecedented. Certainly that would reduce sign-up claims.
    You sign up for unemployment benefits when you lose your job. The 99 weeks was an extension given to people who had already lost their jobs and were collecting unemployment. That does not increase or decrease new sign-ups for unemployment benefits.

This is the only other question you asked in the thread:
    Is that all you got? Short term trends reflecting a short attention span?

Unlike you, I don't even get paid to this. Where do I sign up for a job like yours? lol
    See my sig for the answer to that one.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 05-03-2015 at 09:14 PM.

See my sig for the answer to that one.

Oh, good one! Very clever, Zip, but you need to get something new beyond playing the conspiracy card.

I would now ask you why you voted for Obama twice and plan to vote for the next progressive prez candidate, but it's just about time for you to go on to the next big thread.

Trade deficit surged to a 6 year high of 51.4 Billion.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...arch/26883119/

Zippy, are you seriously saying that there's been no signs of a slowdown the last 2 quarters?

Nobody (myself included) has not said the last quarter was a very slow one (due in large part to winter shutting down much of the eastern US). It was the slowest quarter in quite a while. But that is not expected to stay slow as the weather improves.

Why did the trade deficit grow? A couple of reasons. One- there was a massive shutdown and slowdown of imports due to strikes at the west coast ports where a quarter of all our imports come through. The ports finally re-opened which allowed a flood of them to finally come in and catch up to where they would have been. Second, Europe is slow and buying less so that reduced exports (actually reduced the growth of exports- they were slightly higher). That statistic does not mean the economy is doing poorly. If we are demanding more goods from our trading partners, it means that we are doing better relative to them.

From your link:

Most U.S. imports from Asia are delivered to West Coast ports that had massive backlogs during a worker slowdown that was settled in February, says economist Jesse Hurwitz of Barclays Capital.

Exports edged up just 0.9% to $187.8 billion. A strong dollar is hurting overseas shipments by making U.S. exports more expensive for foreign buyers.

Hurwitz says he doesn't "view such a large trade deficit as a new trend for the U.S.," noting the aftereffects of the ports dispute will fade.
    Last month the trade deficit was the lowest in five years. The strike shifted imports from that month to this month. The latest figures just balance that out. http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...-imports-slump

The trade deficit in the U.S. shrank in February to the lowest level in more than five years as a labor dispute at West Coast ports contributed to the weakest reading on purchases from abroad since 2011.

The gap, which measures the difference in the value between imports and exports, narrowed by $7.2 billion to $35.4 billion, lower than the lowest forecast of economists surveyed by Bloomberg and the smallest since October 2009, the Commerce Department reported Thursday in Washington. Imports contracted 4.4 percent, the biggest slump since February 2009, when the economy was still in the recession.

The logjam of ships waiting to unload foreign-made goods at West Coast ports will soon dissipate as the worker dispute has been resolved, which means that imports will probably again flood into the U.S. Meanwhile, a strong dollar, which makes American-made goods more expensive to customers overseas, means exports will remain muted, causing the deficit to swell.

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/unit...lance-of-trade

If we take the February figure of $35.982 billion with the $51.367 billion for March and average them ($43.629 billion) we get a figure not that different from January which was $42.676 billion. A strong dollar also encourages a higher trade deficit- it makes our exports more expensive to potential buyers and imports cheaper for us (so they demand fewer exports from us while we demand more imports).
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 05-06-2015 at 10:51 AM.

You should stop making your progressive trolling posts long enough to post charts with context.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Nobody (myself included) has not said the last quarter was a very slow one (due in large part to winter shutting down much of the eastern US).

Winter does not "shut down" anything. I lived on the east coast and Midwest. Yes, it affects things, but not that significantly. Just a lot of TV drama for headlines.

Trade deficit or surplus says nothing about the strength of your economy. If one country is wealthier than another, they can afford to buy more goods from the other while the economic weaker one can afford to buy fewer goods in return.

Trade deficit or surplus says nothing about the strength of your economy. If one country is wealthier than another, they can afford to buy more goods from the other while the economic weaker one can afford to buy fewer goods in return.

You're the one who posted the chart. I was just giving it context. Nice try at being shrewd. Now, go into your usual polite routine, attempting to fly your real purpose under the radar here.

I love predicting who the OP of a thread is just by the thread's title. I'm usually right.
    I too have been a close observer of the doings of the Bank of the United States...When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank...You are a den of vipers and thieves. I have determined to rout you out, and by the Eternal, I will rout you out!

Andrew Jackson, 1834

Nobody (myself included) has not said the last quarter was a very slow one (due in large part to winter shutting down much of the eastern US). It was the slowest quarter in quite a while. But that is not expected to stay slow as the weather improves.
    Really? it's all the weather? The 4th qtr was bad also and the data so far in the 2nd qtr ain't looking too hot. You have total confidence that this is all temporary? Damn, you won't concede ANYTHING. In my opinion that's one of the surest signs of someone who is full of $#@!. I've admitted that the whole dollar crash is taking longer than I thought. But you can't say it's over. You, on the other hand, are obviously just spouting propaganda.

You are right. Nothing ever improves. We might as well leave the planet now. There is no hope for the future. (how depressing!)

First quarter is historically the worst one of the year. First quarter last year was down almost three percent and second was up over four percent. This year first was basically zero.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 05-06-2015 at 07:15 PM.

double post
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 05-06-2015 at 07:13 PM.

You are right. Nothing ever improves.
    Nobody is saying that. I think everything works in cycles. Sometimes you're up; sometimes you're down. The long term numbers show that the US is waning. The east is rising. It doesn't mean that everything is going to fall apart.

Relax dude. I know your Jewish organization gets a little paranoid and frantic. Yes, you people are persecuted, but so are a lot of groups in this world. The bible says you're the chosen people, but there is nothing special about you. Chaotic situations mean that you can become scapegoats. But we're not talking about chaos. We're talking about Ron Paul and Rand Paul. You have this idea that libertarianism means some kind of crazy anarchy where the KKK is going to lynch people and another Hitler type will go ape$#@!. Pretty much explains why you're on this site. I know you'd like to see a Democrat win but you'd probably be okay with some bland Republican. Put it in perspective already. Ron Paul is not David Duke.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The article below lends support to my previous post about ZippyJuan. Tell me who talks about Paul's candidacy and uses words like "deeply troubled," deeply alarmed," and "deeply concerned." Tell me if that's not incentive to invest in thwarting such a candidacy, whether Ron or Rand. Part of that would be thwarting a grassroots site like this one.

It's pretty clear to me that Brooks's "vigorous foreign policy" is a reference to the foreign aid to Israel. He is speaking of self-preservation on no uncertain terms. Paul however, would not just turn of the spigot. It does not work that way, but the paranoia persists.

"The National Jewish Democratic Council is deeply troubled by Representative Ron Paul's candidacy for president in 2012,” said David A. Harris, the NJDC president and CEO.

American Jews should be deeply alarmed that someone with such a deliberately miserable record on Israel would be a major candidate in today's Republican Party."

The RJC's Matt Brooks had this to say: "As Americans who are committed to a strong and vigorous foreign policy, we are deeply concerned about the prospective presidential campaign of Congressman Ron Paul.

http://www.thejewishweek.com/blogs/p...agree_ron_paul

ZippyJuan is just echoing the sentiments of Brooks and Harris. Pretty much explains why he is on this site, constantly attempting to discourage newcomers and others.

You are right. Nothing ever improves. We might as well leave the planet now. There is no hope for the future. (how depressing!)
    Why do I keep trying to have intelligent debate with you? I must have a character flaw.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-0...ecord-93194000

Americans Not In The Labor Force Rise To Record 93,194,000

In what was an "unambiguously" unpleasant April jobs payrolls report, with a March revision dragging that month's job gain to the lowest level since June of 2012, the fact that the number of Americans not in the labor force rose once again, this time to 93,194K from 93,175K, with the result being a participation rate of 69.45 or just above the lowest percentage since 1977, will merely catalyze even more upside to the so called "market" which continues to reflect nothing but central bank liquidity, and thus - the accelerating deterioration of the broader economy.

End result: with the civilian employment to population ratio unchanged from last month at 59.3%, one can easily on the chart below why there will be no broad wage growth any time soon, which will merely allow the Fed to engage in its failed policies for a long, long time.

rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

loveshiscountry

How many new stores replaced them? Businesses open and close locations all the time. How many were actually shut down and not sold to another company? With all those stores closing- how have retail sales been?

Adjust it for inflation and population growth then it would have more meaning.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12