Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Freddie Gray severed his own spinal cord

Freddie Gray severed his own spinal cord

Freddie Gray severed his own spinal cord

I knew it just as much as I know the sun rises every morning.

Rarely do I ever watch Fox ""News"". However I stopped over my Dad's house tonight and he had it on: THIS is their spin and they are laying it on thick: Freddie chose to harm himself.

Some may disagree, but since I first saw the original video that came out, it was obvious Freddie was paralyzed and his legs limp BEFORE they ever put him in that police van. Then they kept insisting the injuries occurred inside the van and the officers simply made "mistakes" Nothing intentional. Just "mistakes". Now we know why they kept insisting that his injuries came from inside the van rather than before he was originally placed into the van: "because Freddie chose to harm himself by severing his own spinal cord". You always think there is a level of decency that even these maggots will not go below: but now we can see that they are even more evil than that.

A prisoner sharing a police transport van with Freddie Gray told investigators that he could hear Gray “banging against the walls” of the vehicle and believed that he “was intentionally trying to injure himself,” according to a police document obtained by The Washington Post.
    So the real question is: how much money was paid to this "other prisoner" to create this lie? And how much of a reduced prison sentence will he get for telling this lie?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This ain't going to make it any better because anyone who has two brain cells to rub together knows it's bull$#@!. The Minister of Truth is working OT.

People will believe this story. He did it to himself! The news said so!

"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." - Groucho Marx
    My civil neighbor, the tax-gatherer, is the very man I have to deal with--for it is, after all, with men and not with parchment that I quarrel--and he has voluntarily chosen to be an agent of the government.-Henry David Thoreau

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    You know its true because Bob said it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Baghdad_Bob_medium.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	19.8 KB 
ID:	4092
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

They've had like 9 days to come up with the perfect excuse and this is what they came up with...

So Freddie Gray literally did this to himself. And they just now decided to mention this.

"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." - Groucho Marx
    My civil neighbor, the tax-gatherer, is the very man I have to deal with--for it is, after all, with men and not with parchment that I quarrel--and he has voluntarily chosen to be an agent of the government.-Henry David Thoreau

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nothing-to-see-yzfgsb.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	33.0 KB 
ID:	4093
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

I wouldn't be surprised by any motive to keep one's self out of prison. He could have easily rammed his head into the interior of the vehicle so as to cop a future plea deal for excessive force. Recently, there was one individual who smeared feces all over himself so as to avoid arrest. Clearly, this Gray character wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed on the account that he sold heroin to his fellow African Americans. With that said, we need more evidence than just corroboration from one fellow rider. The burden of proof is on the police to disprove their involvement.
    Last edited by AuH20; 04-29-2015 at 10:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by twomp View Post
    They've had like 9 days to come up with the perfect excuse and this is what they came up with...
    THis is exactly why I find it impossible to believe in the grand conspiracy theory.

The police say Gray didn't resist arrest and that officers didn't use force, which seems to be mostly corroborated by video shot by bystanders. Gray seems to shout in pain, and his leg seems injured as officers drag him to a police van. (Someone off camera shouts, "His leg broke and y'all dragging him like that!") Gray also had asthma and requested his inhaler, but didn't get it. Yet it's not the leg or the asthma that killed him. Instead, it was a grave injury to his spinal cord. Gray's family said he was treated for three fractured vertebrae and a crushed voice box, the sorts of injuries that doctors say are usually caused by serious car accidents. The van made at least two stops before reaching the police station, but there's no footage to say what happened during the journey or at those stops.

It's a baffling conundrum. "None of the officers describe any use of force," Deputy Police Commissioner Jerry Rodriguez said. "None of the officers describe using any force against Mr. Gray." And yet somehow Gray was fatally hurt while in police custody.

The lack of clear evidence in Baltimore is a reminder of just how unusual the case of Walter Scott was. The North Charleston, South Carolina, man was shot in the back by a police officer while running away, but a bystander caught the incident on video—debunking the official account in a police report. Officer Michael Slager has now been charged with murder. As my colleague Robinson Meyer wrote, society owes much to the brave bystanders who tape encounters like this, and their footage has gone a long way to helping achieve justice and to awakening the public to police brutality.
    http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/...e-gray/391119/

"Yet it's not the leg or the asthma that killed him. Instead, it was a grave injury to his spinal cord."
    My take on it since the first time i saw the original video has been that it wasn't that his leg itself was injured; his spinal cord was broken which paralyzed any movement in his legs.

Quote Originally Posted by charrob View Post
    My take on it since the first time i saw the original video has been that it wasn't that his leg itself was injured; his spinal cord was broken which paralyzed any movement in his legs.
    So what you are saying is that he did this to himself OUTSIDE the van?

Some people I know will eat this up.

What a crock of bull$#@!.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

So what you are saying is that he did this to himself OUTSIDE the van?
    Oh God no. It's been my understanding since I first saw that video with his limp legs having no coordination and no strength whatsoever that the cops originally slammed him to the ground and, when doing so, his spinal cord snapped. I doubt he could even feel his legs at that point.

Oh God no. It's been my understanding since I first saw that video with his limp legs having no coordination and no strength whatsoever that the cops originally slammed him to the ground and, when doing so, his spinal cord snapped. I doubt he could even feel his legs at that point.
    That was my impression as well. Likely the cause.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikender View Post
    Some people I know will eat this up.

What a crock of bull$#@!.
    People who worship at the feet of the police, but it's actually not so far fetched. This happens a lot more than you think. Prisoners are aware of the police abuse stigma and utilize it to maximum effect so to generate prosecutorial leverage and/or punitive damages. We're typically dealing with two untrustworthy parties in the criminal and the police officer (see thin blue line). They will both lie, cheat and steal to get what they want. Of course, this could be pure speculation and could be another page in this sad chapter........http://www.nbcnews.com/news/investig...oroner-n185016

Don't want your spinal cord severed? Then don't do it to yourself in the back of a police van, pretty simple..
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    People who worship at the feet of the police, but it's actually not so far fetched. This happens a lot more than you think. Prisoners are aware of the police abuse stigma and utilize it to maximum effect so to generate prosecutorial leverage and/or punitive damages. We're typically dealing with two untrustworthy parties in the criminal and the police officer (see thin blue line). They will both lie, cheat and steal to get what they want. Of course, this could be pure speculation and could be another page in this sad chapter........http://www.nbcnews.com/news/investig...oroner-n185016
    Indeed. It actually is a realistic scenario. Kind of how noone here believed that a handcuffed person in the back of a cop car could shoot himself in the head, but it does happen.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

I'm not sure Freddie Gray wanted to die just to claim the police abused him.

You could argue that he didn't know it would lead to his death, but I severely doubt he beat himself on the walls of the police van when he knew he had issues with his spine just to cry foul about it.
    We Must Dissent.

Quote Originally Posted by bxm042 View Post
    Indeed. It actually is a realistic scenario. Kind of how noone here believed that a handcuffed person in the back of a cop car could shoot himself in the head, but it does happen.
    True, there are multiple documented cases at this point. That's the kind of full-proof, lock box type evidence I'm looking for.
    We Must Dissent.

Ben Swann actually did an entire 30 minute piece on that exact phenomenon. The way that they pile into you and shove their knee in your back and whatnot. He had a retired U.S. Marshall on talking about the way that they did that. while they were observing him being drug to the van.

It's in one of these Baltimore videos. I think they are all Ben discussing the issue if I'm not mistaken. If you flip through you may find it. Likely the only place where you'll find any kind of genuine television reporting on the matter.

https://www.youtube.com/user/RTAmerica/videos

Quote Originally Posted by Spikender View Post
    I'm not sure Freddie Gray wanted to die just to claim the police abused him.

You could argue that he didn't know it would lead to his death, but I severely doubt he beat himself on the walls of the police van when he knew he had issues with his spine just to cry foul about it.
    If you're facing 5 to 10 years, short term pain probably beats long term time in a cost benefit analysis. That's the thought process at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    Ben Swann actually did an entire 30 minute piece on that exact phenomenon. The way that they pile into you and shove their knee in your back and whatnot. He had a retired U.S. Marshall on talking about the way that they did that. while they were observing him being drug to the van.

It's in one of these Baltimore videos. I think they are all Ben discussing the issue if I'm not mistaken. If you flip through you may find it. Likely the only place where you'll find any kind of genuine television reporting on the matter.

https://www.youtube.com/user/RTAmerica/videos
    Thanks N.C.!

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No doubt this mystery prisoner is a very reliable fellow with no motivation whatsoever to not tell the truth.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

What happened with that earlier story about him having recent spinal surgery?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

If you're facing 5 to 10 years, short term pain probably beats long term time in a cost benefit analysis. That's the thought process at work.
    Oh so he is ignorant drug dealing criminal AND someone who thinks about long term cost benefit analysis while being dragged into a van with 6 criminals in blue costumes? He already couldn't walk...

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    What happened with that earlier story about him having recent spinal surgery?
    I hadn't seen that before, but here's an article from the Baltimore Sun. Freddie and his twin sister had lead poisoning as children from the house they grew up in and it appears that some court case related to that was misconstrued as being a car accident by the 'Free Republic' -- which has since removed the story.

Let's ask Freddie Gray, the man who apparently couldn't even walk before he was thrown in the van, what his intentions were.

Wait. Never mind.
    We Must Dissent.

We're typically dealing with two untrustworthy parties in the criminal and the police officer (see thin blue line).
    Well, in this case we're dealing with one dead party, and six other parties that won't talk. Pretty telling.
    They confronted me in the day of my calamity, but the Lord was my support.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast