Thread: Rand Paul coming to Grand Rapids MI with Justin Amash, Monday May 4th

Rand Paul coming to Grand Rapids MI with Justin Amash, Monday May 4th

GRAND RAPIDS (WZZM) -- Grand Rapids is getting its first visit of the 2016 presidential campaign.

On Monday May 4, Senator Rand Paul (R-KY) will travel to Grand Rapids for a "Stand with Rand" event hosted by Congressman Justin Amash (R-MI).

The event is 10:30 a.m., Monday at the Kent County Republican Party Headquarters, located at 725 Lake Michigan Drive NW.
    http://www.wzzm13.com/story/news/loc...nday/26594965/
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Maybe hes there to ask him to be his running mate once he secures the republican ticket.

I will be there! Do you need to register or anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Mikezelot View Post
    It looks like only media needs to RSVP. This is a campaign stop, so I'm sure Rand wants undecided folks to wander through and get swayed to support him.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by robert9712000 View Post
    Maybe hes there to ask him to be his running mate once he secures the republican ticket.
    no need to wait; Reagan didn't in 1976

I think he should be given more consideration than some would think. If I'm right, Amash is a minority and son of immigrants, and didn't make 3/4 of his past up ala Rubio. His positions are very much in line with Rand, but not exactly. Amash may help appeal to the more left-leaning and purist libertarians as he hasn't undertaken the same pandering efforts towards the christian right that Rand has... Not that he's unappealing to Christians, he's just on record taking Judge Napolitano-style positions on some social issues. Anyone who follows Amash on Facebook knows that the guy literally writes out a detailed Facebook post explaining every vote he makes. Refreshing on a level one can barely even put into words. A Paul-Amash ticket could be the most genuine and dynamic ticket the country has seen in modern history.

Quote Originally Posted by Millennial Conservatarian View Post
    I think he should be given more consideration than some would think. If I'm right, Amash is a minority and son of immigrants, and didn't make 3/4 of his past up ala Rubio. His positions are very much in line with Rand, but not exactly. Amash may help appeal to the more left-leaning and purist libertarians as he hasn't undertaken the same pandering efforts towards the christian right that Rand has... Not that he's unappealing to Christians, he's just on record taking Judge Napolitano-style positions on some social issues. Anyone who follows Amash on Facebook knows that the guy literally writes out a detailed Facebook post explaining every vote he makes. Refreshing on a level one can barely even put into words. A Paul-Amash ticket could be the most genuine and dynamic ticket the country has seen in modern history.
    Yeah, having a runningmate with positions such as these would make Rand's ticket a lot more accessible to swingvoters or even Democrats too.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikezelot View Post
    register here: http://michiganforrand.com/

doubtful. All of the presidential hopefuls are just passing through MI on campaign.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/poli...igan/26786911/

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...