Thread: Rand Introduces Joint Resolution of Disapproval to Repeal Internet Regulation

Post Rand Introduces Joint Resolution of Disapproval to Repeal Internet Regulation

From a press release:

Sen. Rand Paul Introduces Joint Resolution of Disapproval to Repeal Internet Regulation

WASHINGTON, D.C. –
    Sen. Rand Paul today introduced a joint resolution of disapproval under the Congressional Review Act to nullify Internet regulations recently published by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Through the resolution, Sen. Paul will seek a vote in the U.S. Senate against the FCC’s unnecessary and overreaching power grab for control over the Internet.

“This regulation by the FCC is a textbook example of Washington’s desire to regulate anything and everything, and will do nothing more than wrap the Internet in red-tape. The Internet has successfully flourished without the heavy hand of government interference. Stated simply, I do not want to see the government regulating the Internet,” Sen. Paul said.

Click HERE to read the joint resolution of disapproval in its entirety.

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Nice!
    "When it gets down to having to use violence, then you are playing the system's game. The establishment will irritate you - pull your beard, flick your face - to make you fight, because once they've got you violent then they know how to handle you. The only thing they don't know how to handle is non-violence and humor. "

---John Lennon

"I EAT NEOCONS FOR BREAKFAST!!!"

---Me

At what point did the Senate and Congress completely stop passing bills that actually do something and start passing "disapproval" resolutions that do nothing.

It's like we don't pass bills, the President doesn't do anything, just "I strongly disapprove".

It's like no one has any real power, we're just "flagging" bills like if Facebook had a dislike button.

"What'd you think of that legislation that got passed Senator?"

"Oh, I disliked the $#@! out of that. It's bad policy, I don't want people thinking that I actually agree with it."

"Are you going to do something about it?"

"Are you listening? I said I don't agree with it!"

EDIT: My bad this appears to actually block the rule I think. My post still stands though for all the other crap that gets passed along those lines. Should name it better, Rand.
    Last edited by wizardwatson; 04-29-2015 at 03:48 PM.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

joint resolution of disapproval in its entirety.
    So these resolutions are binding, just like a law? Can they be applied to other rules of federal agencies that are not actual laws, such as the FDA ban on inter-state raw milk sales, for example? Raw milk sales are legal in several states, but the FDA says you cannot carry it across state lines, even for consumers, although no law actually exists to prevent that.

That would be nice, but somehow I think it is not that simple. These federal agencies run by bureaucrats who are not elected are enacting "rules" all the time...
    There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.
    (1 John 4:18)