Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rand Paul on The Laura Ingraham Show 4/28

Quote Originally Posted by idiom View Post
    The solution to the slave classes destroying private property is apparently not to disassemble the system that keeps the slave class, but to repress them with state violence.

Which forum am I even on?

I mean its not like the calls are for store owners to hire private security to protect the private property. No people want to use the full and unbridled power of the state to crush these 'animals' and put them back 'where they belong'.

Just speechless.

What is happening now isn't the cure, its the result. The cure is apparently more heavy handed repression via state agencies. You can't get results like this without generations of injustice to build a community capable of this. The community was destroyed decades ago.

But fine, role out the Tanks. Its truly justified by the looting of a few stores.

Hell maybe FEMA can look after them once they are all rounded up. This forum would really go for that as long as its the right people getting the statist treatment.
    What the hell is wrong with you?

I'm not going to support anyone who is looting and burning someone else's private property. That isn't what our movement is about. Just the damn opposite.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Yep, that's a good point - and some of the ones engaged in violence aren't going after the private property owners, they are going directly after the people they have grievances with. I don't know if that is the best solution, and it looks like this whole thing is shaping up to be a false flag to implement more federal control over the police.. but I don't live in their community with their color of skin and I don't know how bad it really is. All I can see is what the media portrays.
    Oh puhleese. False flag, my ass. Did you forget all the looting in Ferguson so soon?

Justice for Michael Brown!! Gimme some of those weaves.

Justice for Michael Brown! Gotta get me some of those rims.

That's some protesting, right there.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yep, that's a good point - and some of the ones engaged in violence aren't going after the private property owners, they are going directly after the people they have grievances with.
    that's why they attacked and looted all the government buildings.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Yep, that's a good point - and some of the ones engaged in violence aren't going after the private property owners, they are going directly after the people they have grievances with. I don't know if that is the best solution, and it looks like this whole thing is shaping up to be a false flag to implement more federal control over the police.. but I don't live in their community with their color of skin and I don't know how bad it really is. All I can see is what the media portrays.
    My family lived down in the Baltimore area for just over 20 years, and they saw the aftermath of the race riots back in the early 1970s. This is not about false flag operations, this is a community that behaves like a collective bee hive and starts burning and breaking stuff every time the media foments it. The media is most definitely part of the problem, but not for the reasons that you may think.

This is the product of the welfare state, an entire generation of spoiled brats from baby-daddies and baby-mommas who don't even know how to properly react when real injustice occurs, ergo the same ones that whine about not having an education because they've destroyed their own schools. What those cops did to Freddie Gray probably amounted to either murder or manslaughter. I am not a fan of police brutality or the police state, but the stuff that's been going on in Baltimore plays right into the hands of people who want tighter controls on peoples' liberty.
    Last edited by hells_unicorn; 04-29-2015 at 07:56 AM.

For those denying the false flag claims:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...f-Local-Police

We have known for years that the government is promoting policies that target minorities unfairly, if you're not a minority then you don't really get to decide when they should be fed up for their treatment. But that is beside the point here, the point is that they obviously had a plan to purposely drive them to this point in order to help federalize the police forces. Then they promoted this in the media and got everybody fired up, and had the police act in a way that would help foment the protests without stopping the looting.

I'm not advocating destruction of private property at all, obviously many of them are going about it wrong. But if you actually read the COMMENT I WAS RESPONDINDING TO above then you would know that it's not a good idea to paint all of these people with the broad brush that you are.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by mad cow View Post
    The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of privately owned cars and liquor stores.
    +rep
    Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

The solution to the slave classes destroying private property is apparently not to disassemble the system that keeps the slave class, but to repress them with state violence.

Which forum am I even on?

I mean its not like the calls are for store owners to hire private security to protect the private property. No people want to use the full and unbridled power of the state to crush these 'animals' and put them back 'where they belong'.

Just speechless.

What is happening now isn't the cure, its the result. The cure is apparently more heavy handed repression via state agencies. You can't get results like this without generations of injustice to build a community capable of this. The community was destroyed decades ago.

But fine, role out the Tanks. Its truly justified by the looting of a few stores.

Hell maybe FEMA can look after them once they are all rounded up. This forum would really go for that as long as its the right people getting the statist treatment.
    So stopping people from attacking random strangers, destroying other peoples stuff, and stealing is repression now? In what universe does that make sense? Tell you what, post your address here and a few of us will come over and address our anti-state grievances on your property.
    Amash>Trump

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

The thugs in Baltimore wish Obama and Federal Agents could kill any libertarian or conservative white person they could get their hands on.

I doubt if any of them care about all the non-white and non-black people killed by Obama's policies.

They'd love a swat raid on anyone who bought the so called Ron Paul Newsletter and anyone accused of using the N-Word ever. Anyone who questions the Civil Rights Act would get a SWAT raid as well.

Also the same type of people were making death threats against the people who did the affirmative action ballot measure in Michigan.

Lorretta Lynch, Eric Holder and Obama are far bigger lawman thugs than any cop out there
    Last edited by RandallFan; 04-29-2015 at 07:04 PM.
    BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky – Washington liberals are trying to push through the so-called DREAM Act, which creates an official path to Democrat voter registration for 2 million college-age illegal immigrants.
    Rand Paul 2010

Booker T. Washington:
    Cast it down among the eight millions of Negroes whose habits you know, whose
    fidelity and love you have tested in days when to have proved treacherous meant the ruin of your firesides.

Quote Originally Posted by The Rebel Poet View Post
    So stopping people from attacking random strangers, destroying other peoples stuff, and stealing is repression now? In what universe does that make sense? Tell you what, post your address here and a few of us will come over and address our anti-state grievances on your property.
    Dude gives his location as a cell number, but thinks the state isn't repressive.

The cognitive dissonance is astonishing.

"The occupation should be continued until the violence stops, then the occupation can end peacefully."

Y'all sound like McCain.
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Dude gives his location as a cell number, but thinks the state isn't repressive.

"The occupation should be continued until the violence stops, then the occupation can end peacefully."

Y'all sound like McCain.
    Sounds like your advocating armed rebellion, which is something as a Christian I can't support.

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    Would Rand similarly condemn the American revolution because of the colonists' violence against the collective?
    If he were consistent, yup. But politics is an art about bullshitting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Y'all sound like McCain.
    When did I say the state isn't repressive?
    Amash>Trump

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    Would Rand similarly condemn the American revolution because of the colonists' violence against the collective if instead of attacking English military forces they pillaged Canadian homes?
    FIFY
    Last edited by The Rebel Poet; 04-30-2015 at 12:13 AM.
    Amash>Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    I understand the sentiment, but some of them have shown a disrespect for private property. That has to be weighed into the equation. I would venture that the majority of them are not "anti-state" at all...in fact quite the opposite.
    Maybe they should be burning down the police department and the court house?

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    Maybe they should be burning down the police department and the court house?
    OR... Taking it over and installing a citizen militia made up of mad mothers like the one that caught her son rioting. The local population would be much more receptive to those mad mothers than state sanctioned armed thugs.
    “No people will tamely surrender their Liberties, nor can any be easily subdued, when knowledge is diffused and virtue is preserved. On the Contrary, when People are universally ignorant, and debauched in their Manners, they will sink under their own weight without the Aid of foreign Invaders.”
    ― Samuel Adams

Wow, this is incredible. People here are actually defending gangs of thugs who are destroying the private property of their neighbors?
    So, its ok to steal and burn peoples stuff, as long as you are not the "state"? That sounds like the popular culture definition of anarchy, playing right into their hands.
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by TruckinMike View Post
    OR... Taking it over and installing a citizen militia made up of mad mothers like the one that caught her son rioting. The local population would be much more receptive to those mad mothers than state sanctioned armed thugs.
    Absolutely right.
    Amash>Trump

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Wow, this is incredible. People here are actually defending gangs of thugs who are destroying the private property of their neighbors?
    So, its ok to steal and burn peoples stuff, as long as you are not the "state"? That sounds like the popular culture definition of anarchy, playing right into their hands.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to William Tell again.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by RandallFan View Post
    The thugs in Baltimore wish Obama and Federal Agents could kill any libertarian or conservative white person they could get their hands on.

I doubt if any of them care about all the non-white and non-black people killed by Obama's policies.

They'd love a swat raid on anyone who bought the so called Ron Paul Newsletter and anyone accused of using the N-Word ever. Anyone who questions the Civil Rights Act would get a SWAT raid as well.

Also the same type of people were making death threats against the people who did the affirmative action ballot measure in Michigan.

Lorretta Lynch, Eric Holder and Obama are far bigger lawman thugs than any cop out there
    Sadly, you may be right. Undoing that many years of indoctrination is probably impossible.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to William Tell again."

Yup, it's amazing how often that happens...

When it comes right down to it, for a great many self-ascribed anarcho-capitalists, anarcho-capitalism is not a well-reasoned political philosophy based on respect for property rights, etc - it's just juvenile, anti-authority chest-thumping. This species of anarcho-capitalist has more in common with the black-masked left-anarchist idiots than he may realize.

If a 'protester' trashed idiom's car and burned his house he would spend exactly zero time justifying the people violating his property rights.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to William Tell again."

Yup, it's amazing how often that happens...

When it comes right down to it, for a great many self-ascribed anarcho-capitalists, anarcho-capitalism is not a well-reasoned political philosophy based on respect for property rights, etc - it's just juvenile, anti-authority chest-thumping. This species of anarcho-capitalist has more in common with the black-masked left-anarchist idiots than he may realize.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to r3volution 3.0 again.

Quote Originally Posted by jj- View Post
    If a 'protester' trashed idiom's car and burned his house he would spend exactly zero time justifying the people violating his property rights.
    He also wouldn't have leg to stand on telling them what they're doing is wrong. After all who knows what kind of "oppression" they've been undergoing or who knows perhaps they are impoverished and desperate and have no other choice.
    “When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank. You tell me that if I take the deposits from the bank and annul its charter I shall ruin ten thousand families. That may be true, gentlemen, but that is your sin! Should I let you go on, you will ruin fifty thousand families, and that would be my sin! You are a den of vipers and thieves. I have determined to rout you out, and by the Eternal, I will rout you out!”
    ― Andrew Jackson

Rioters should just scream "Death to the state" its like an anarchist version of "for the children". It makes everything OK. Of course, most of these rioters are almost certainly communists who are just a little ticked at the enforcement arm of the machine they want expanded. But hey, who cares about that?

The enemy of one of your current enemies has to be your friend. We saw how wonderfully this worked out with the french revolution, it was a happy daisy stateless society with liberty and justice for all in a matter of days after they overthrew King Louis. And chopped up his wife and family, and all the other kingsuckers. Oh, wait....
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Y'all sound like McCain.
    Well, dang. I didn't want to sound like McCain.
    On the bright side though, I don't think I sound at all like Karl Marx. The bourgeoisie is the problem, right? The victorious peasants will make everything equatable again. It always works that way, doesn't it? Just look at China and Soviet Russia!
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Y'all sound like McCain.
    The issue isn't whether or not our government is repressive/oppressive, it clearly is to anyone with half a brain. The issue is whether or not mindless destruction is an appropriate response, and it isn't in case you are confused on that point. Forming a mob and breaking and burning random stuff is actually a good way to justify even more repression, which leads me to question why you would be sanctioning it if you have bothered to think this stuff through.

If you want to talk about cognitive dissonance, try taking a little stroll down into Baltimore and voice your support for the people acting themselves a fool right now, and let's see how long it is before somebody beats your face to a pulp for being the wrong color in the wrong neighborhood.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Not if they've been oppressed by a state! STATE!!! STAAAAAAAATE!
    Last edited by The Rebel Poet; 04-30-2015 at 03:45 PM.
    Amash>Trump

Rioters should just scream "Death to the state" its like an anarchist version of "for the children". It makes everything OK. Of course, most of these rioters are almost certainly communists who are just a little ticked at the enforcement arm of the machine they want expanded. But hey, who cares about that?

The enemy of one of your current enemies has to be your friend. We saw how wonderfully this worked out with the french revolution, it was a happy daisy stateless society with liberty and justice for all in a matter of days after they overthrew King Louis. And chopped up his wife and family, and all the other kingsuckers. Oh, wait....
    Great point. +rep
    Amash>Trump

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    What the hell is wrong with you?

I'm not going to support anyone who is looting and burning someone else's private property. That isn't what our movement is about. Just the damn opposite.
    Who has funded the police department and the war on drugs and the war on poverty and the local zoning boards for the last 40 years?

Oh right, those private property owners.

Or does responsibility for your actions not apply to taxpayers?

If you pay your local government to maintain an underclass, you are to blame when the underclass has a tantrum.
    In New Zealand:
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    Prostitution is legal

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    Sounds like your advocating armed rebellion, which is something as a Christian I can't support.
    If I was advocating armed rebellion I wouldn't be here.

But I can understand the position of those who do.

Also the book of judges is largely God engineering one armed rebellion after another.

Sometimes God anoints assassins. Sometimes he anoints guerilla leaders.
    In New Zealand:
    Prostitution is legal

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast