Thread: Blood in the Water... Downey Jr. Taking Heat For Comments About 'Birdman' Director

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Blood in the Water... Downey Jr. Taking Heat For Comments About 'Birdman' Director

You just knew it was coming after that contentious interview. The thought police want to nail him to the cross.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-director.html
    http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywo...dman-director/

After storming out of an interview earlier this week with Britain’s Channel 4 News, the legendary actor sat down to again discuss the film, where he made a remark about Oscar-winning Birdman director Alejandro Gonzalez Iñárritu.

The Mexican director has been critical of superhero films in the past, even telling Deadline last October he considers them “cultural genocide.”

“The way they apply violence to it, it’s absolutely right-wing,” he told the entertainment industry news outlet. “If you observe the mentality of most of those films, it’s really about people who are rich, who have power, who will do the good, who will kill the bad. Philosophically, I just don’t like them.”

In an interview with The Guardian, Downey was asked what he thought of Iñárritu’s comments, to which he answered: “Look, I respect the heck out of him, and I think for a man whose native tongue is Spanish to be able to put together a phrase like ‘cultural genocide’ just speaks to how bright he is.”

Some are now calling the comments racist, and one Twitter user went as far as to say, “Robert Downey Jr is a mega tool. He gave up drugs & became a right wing A—HOLE.”

Last edited by AuH20; 04-27-2015 at 12:53 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't see the racism there. It is impressive for non-native speakers who learned as adults to come up with something like "cultural genocide"-unless perhaps they've done cultural immersion for a number of years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

RDJ leans more libertarian and the media hates anyone who can critically think for themselves.
    Last edited by donnay; 04-27-2015 at 01:03 PM. Reason: typo
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    I don't see the racism there. It is impressive for non-native speakers who learned as adults to come up with something like "cultural genocide"-unless perhaps they've done cultural immersion for a number of years.
    HB,

It is getting so ridiculous you cannot say you want Chinese Food--it's Asian Food.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    HB,

It is getting so ridiculous you cannot say you want Chinese Food--it's Asian Food.
    Damnit! There are times when I want Chinese instead of Japanese or Thai. Asian doesn't cut it when being descriptive.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Damnit! There are times when I want Chinese instead of Japanese or Thai. Asian doesn't cut it when being descriptive.
    I agree. It is getting so crazy that the thought police is everywhere. Brown-bag your lunch? You are racists!

I agree. It is getting so crazy that the thought police is everywhere. Brown-bag your lunch? You are racists!
    Ughhh. Peeple and der powor wittle feewings getting hurtzies.

“Political correctness is tyranny with manners.”

~ Charlton Heston

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There is nothing racist about it- just a cool way of circumventing the director's comments about violent right-wingers. The media has been after Downing ever since he stood up for Mel. How dare he!

Or they just might be jealous, 'cause the dude can sing!

There is no spoon.

In an interview with The Guardian, Downey was asked what he thought of Iñárritu’s comments, to which he answered: “Look, I respect the heck out of him, and I think for a man whose native tongue is Spanish to be able to put together a phrase like ‘cultural genocide’ just speaks to how bright he is.”

Some are now calling the comments racist
    Yeah, because Spanish speakers are a race.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    There is nothing racist about it- just a cool way of circumventing the director's comments about violent right-wingers. The media has been after Downing ever since he stood up for Mel. How dare he!

My respect increases.

Twitter fight pussies! Alejandro was right about something. The "Hero" movies in Amerika such as Iron Man are nothing more than fancy Lockheed Martin commercials. War machine has the movies, spy machine gets all the network dramas. It really is sickening to be aware of how much we are propagandized.

Try ditching cable for a couple of years and you would be amazed. Guaranteed.

I didn't know "Spanish" was a race.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Quote Originally Posted by Slave Mentality View Post
    Twitter fight pussies! Alejandro was right about something. The "Hero" movies in Amerika such as Iron Man are nothing more than fancy Lockheed Martin commercials. War machine has the movies, spy machine gets all the network dramas. It really is sickening to be aware of how much we are propagandized.

Meh, entertainment is entertainment. I enjoyed Winter Soldier.

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/04/1282...al-mainstream/

//
    Last edited by specsaregood; 05-20-2016 at 01:09 PM.

Tony Stark actually spurned the U.S. government in the second Iron Man film if I'm correct.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    HB,

Someone should inform those Culturally Insensitive Panda Express folks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Iron Man was built without government supervision. The power core that Tony Stark had implanted in his chest could be construed as an environmental risk. Iron Man was definitely not a social justice warrior, but he did take a turn for the worse with the registration program. So I could understand why progs would not like Tony Stark and the man who plays him.

http://www.motherjones.com/mixed-med...man-3-politics

Although he undergoes something of a personal and political makeover later in the film, the beginning of Iron Man 2 shows Stark in familiar form. When he's called to a hearing on Capitol Hill, lawmakers pressure him to turn over his terrorism-fighting toys to the US government and military. In response, a defiant Stark denies the government his property, cockily mocks the panel of lawmakers, and brags that he "successfully privatized world peace." This is met with wild cheers from the gallery
    http://www.newstatesman.com/culture/...iberal-america
    Last edited by AuH20; 04-27-2015 at 01:55 PM.

Speaking Spanish isn't a race, hell I know several Mexicans that are white & green eyed, plus a lot of Spanish people are white as well.

Yep, particularly since I believe those are Korean spare ribs

They are actually pretty tasty, whatever they should actually be called.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

HB,

Mandarin food is probably ok, I'm not sure if that really counts as a type of cuisine, but I know its a flavor of chicken at Panda Express
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

didn't the Spainards wipe out the Mayans?...

...the legendary actor...
    Legendary?! LOL.

I stopped reading after that.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Damnit, I want some Panda Orange Chicken now.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    Legendary?! LOL.

I stopped reading after that.
    Yep, he is legendary.

He is the kind of actor that has gotten better as he's gotten older- like Anthony Hopkins or Hugh Laurie. Robert Downey could now spout the yellow pages and we'd all be mesmerized- and that's called legendary.
    There is no spoon.

If you had watched any of them you would know that basically all comic plot lines are incredibly critical over governments and centralised power.
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

Ha ha ha! I might love this celebrity person!

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Yep, he is legendary.

He is the kind of actor that has gotten better as he's gotten older- like Anthony Hopkins or Hugh Laurie. Robert Downey could now spout the yellow pages and we'd all be mesmerized- and that's called legendary.
    I agree. I think he is much more versatile than Sean Penn and Leo DeCaprio, even though the critics fawn over them.