Thread: Next Wave of GOP Presidential Candidates: Carson, Fiorina, Huckabee

Next Wave of GOP Presidential Candidates: Carson, Fiorina, Huckabee

The next wave of what is expected to be a very crowded 2016 GOP presidential candidate pool is set to crash next week as Dr. Ben Carson, former Hewlett-Packard CEO Carly Fiorina, and former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee are all expected to officially jump into the race.

Carson, a political commentator and retired neurosurgeon, is expected to make his presidential bid official on Monday, May 4, in his hometown of Detroit, Michigan.

Carson recently took a jab at Hillary Clinton, the Democratic presidential candidate, for the new revelations from the book Clinton Cash, which is exposing new information about foreign donors to her foundation.

“It is my strong belief that not only should they definitely give back the money and cease accepting foreign donations, but should also make every effort to find missing documents that would shed light if in fact they are innocent,” Carson said.

Also on Monday, May 4, Fiorina is expected to launch her official campaign via Twitter–as Breitbart News has previously reported–followed by a conference call with national reporters, according to The Wall Street Journal.
    Like Carson, Fiorina has been outspoken against Clinton.

“Because I am a woman, there are many things she can’t say,” Fiorina said. “She can’t play the gender card. She can’t talk about being the first woman president. She can’t talk about the war on women.”

Huckabee, a former Fox News host, is set to announce his run for president the day after Fiorina and Carson. He will make his official announcement from Hope, Arkansas, on Tuesday May 5.
    http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...rina-huckabee/
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    “Because I am a woman, there are many things she can’t say,” Fiorina said. “She can’t play the gender card. She can’t talk about being the first woman president. She can’t talk about the war on women.”
    http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...rina-huckabee/
    IOW - make me President, because: plumbing.

I welcome all of them to the race. May their supporters find Rand a suitable second choice.

Each one of them could make the VP short list. Especially, if they are able to show mass appeal.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Two nobodys and a has been. Big deal.

Carson or Fiorina might make good VP choices for Rand, especially the former given that he is already making a play to split the African American vote. I don't put much stock in either of them being nominated, but the debates should be interesting. Frankly, I'd prefer it if Huckabee didn't run, I've had my fill of people who think they have a direct line to the Almighty while holding to dubious doctrines.

Could this be the making of the new top tier?!...

Out of those three, Carson is the only one who will hopefully endorse Rand for President after they are out of the race...

The rest will endorse Rand once he is the Republican nominee.
    Rand Paul for Peace

I'd prefer it if Huckabee didn't run, I've had my fill of people who think they have a direct line to the Almighty while holding to dubious doctrines.
    Huckabee, along with Cruz, Santorum, and Walker, will divide the evangelical vote in Iowa. This in turn helps Rand in Iowa.
    Rand Paul for Peace

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.