Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wages Declined As Immigration Population Increased in US

Wages Declined As Immigration Population Increased in US

Wages Declined As Immigration Population Increased in US, Says Congressional Report

By Michael Oleaga - Apr 25, 2015

The average U.S. income from the bottom 90 percent of tax filers have reportedly dropped as the immigration rate increased, according to a congressional report.

In a report to the U.S. Senate Committee on the Judiciary, the Congressional Research Service found the average reported income from the bottom 90 percent of tax filers dropped from 1970's $33,621 to $30,980 in 2013. The report noted the 43-year period saw a 7.9 percent decline in average income. During the same time frame, the estimated immigrant population rate in the U.S. increased from 9.74 million to approximately 41.3 million, an increase of 324.5 percent.
    1. From 1945-1970, what was the net change in the foreign-born population, expressed both as a percentage and numerically?

The foreign-born population in the United States diminished from 10,971,146 in 1945 to 9,740,000 in 1970, a decline of 1,231,146 persons, representing a percentage decline of 11.2 percent over this 25 year period.

2. From 1945-1970, how did overall wages change for the bottom 90 percent of earners?

The reported income of the bottom 90 percent of tax filers in the United States increased from an average of $18,418 in 1945 to $33,621 in 1970 for an aggregate change of $15,202 or a percent increase of 82.5 percent over this 25 year period.

3. From 1945-1970, what was the net change in the share of income held by the bottom 90 percent of the U.S. income distribution?

The share of income held by the bottom 90 percent of the U.S. income distribution increased from 67.4 percent in 1945 to 68.5 percent in 1970, an absolute increase of 1.1 percentage points over this 25 year period.

4. From 1970-present, what was the net change in the foreign-born population, expressed both as a percentage and numerically?

Between 1970 and 2013, the estimated foreign-born population in the United States increased from 9,740,000 to 41,348,066, respectively, an increase of 31,608,066 persons, representing a percentage increase of 324.5 percent over this 43 year period.

5. From 1970-present, how did overall wages change for the bottom 90 percent of earners?

The reported income of the bottom 90 percent of tax filers in the United States decreased from an average of $33,621 in 1970 to $30,980 in 2013 for an aggregate decline of $2,641 or a percent decline of 7.9 percent over this 43 year period.

6. From 1970-present, what was the net change in the share of income held by the bottom 90 percent of the U.S. income distribution?

The share of income held by the bottom 90 percent of the U.S. income distribution declined from 68.5 percent in 1970 to 53.0 percent in 2013, an absolute decline of 15.5 percentage points over this 43 year period.
    More: http://www.latinpost.com/articles/49...nal-report.htm
    More: http://www.scribd.com/doc/262874867/...orn-Population
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wages also declined as labor unions died. Do people want labor unions back? Wages also declined as many jobs expanded globally. Do people want to shut off the internet and other global competition?

Wages, product quality, service quality, etc. declined from multiple factors, one of which is our acceptance of lower standards. People weren't interested in rivets on Levis Jeans, so they accepted fewer rivets and lousy stitching from Asian factories. People weren't interested in fishing rods baked in 3,000 degree ovens, so they accepted a painted stick. People aren't interested in Honda engines, so they buy a $150 mower from walmartt and insist it's the same thing.

People fail to see their own failings. They blame Toyota for faulty brakes when they insert their own floor mats. They blame foreigners when they're too stupid or lazy to do math or get a medical degree.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Heading should read: Wages declined while CEO salaries and bonuses increased rapidly.

LibForestPaul

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    Do people want to shut off the internet and other global competition?
    Yes. America has all that she needs.

Wages also declined as labor unions died. Do people want labor unions back? Wages also declined as many jobs expanded globally. Do people want to shut off the internet and other global competition?

Wages, product quality, service quality, etc. declined from multiple factors, one of which is our acceptance of lower standards. People weren't interested in rivets on Levis Jeans, so they accepted fewer rivets and lousy stitching from Asian factories. People weren't interested in fishing rods baked in 3,000 degree ovens, so they accepted a painted stick. People aren't interested in Honda engines, so they buy a $150 mower from walmartt and insist it's the same thing.

People fail to see their own failings. They blame Toyota for faulty brakes when they insert their own floor mats. They blame foreigners when they're too stupid or lazy to do math or get a medical degree.
    Well DUHHHHHH.....all those statistics mean nothing. My wages dropped because I was too stupid to do math or get a medical degree. (And I guess I shouldn't have put that really cool shag rug in the van..)
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by LibForestPaul View Post
    Yes. America has all that she needs.

You know, I actually wondered where the term "she" originated for a country. If America is a she, the it's an aging banshee trying to regain lost youth. That ain't ever coming back. It's over, hag.

Some people STILL insist our best days are ahead. The people in Reagan's 1984 were living in the fifties. Some people in 2015 are living in 1984.

The fantasy:

The reality:

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by RDM View Post
    Heading should read: Wages declined while CEO salaries and bonuses increased rapidly.
    Funny thing about that drop in wages that happened when illegals flooded the market, the price of the houses being sold didn't go down at all. They went up. The consumer saw NO benefit.
    "The Patriarch"

In before Zip
    I too have been a close observer of the doings of the Bank of the United States...When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank...You are a den of vipers and thieves. I have determined to rout you out, and by the Eternal, I will rout you out!

Andrew Jackson, 1834

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Well DUHHHHHH.....all those statistics mean nothing. My wages dropped because I was too stupid to do math or get a medical degree. (And I guess I shouldn't have put that really cool shag rug in the van..)

I gave statistics. Fewer rivets in jeans and 3,000 degrees is math. A $150 mower that lasts 3 years is worse than a $300 mower that lasts ten years. On top of that, I could correlate thousands of items with one another.

I make 70% of what I made in the early to mid-2000s. That's the reality.

Quote Originally Posted by willwash View Post
    In before Zip
    NCL is doing a fine job of filling in for him.
    "The Patriarch"

I gave statistics. Fewer rivets in jeans and 3,000 degrees is math. A $150 mower that lasts 3 years is worse than a $300 mower that lasts ten years. On top of that, I could correlate thousands of items with one another.

I make 70% of what I made in the early to mid-2000s. That's the reality.
    Who asked Levi's to put fewer rivets in? And I never buy lawnmowers because I take the ones being given away for free on craigslist because the owners were to lazy to blow out the carbs and bought a new one.
    "The Patriarch"

NCL is doing a fine job of filling in for him.
    You know I loathe him and his bad intent for this site, but this is one area that he is right. It's the same old blame the foreigner game.

Who asked Levi's to put fewer rivets in?

We did.

And I never buy lawnmowers because I take the ones being given away for free on craigslist because the owners were to lazy to blow out the carbs and bought a new one.

That's what I was just talking about. People who are too lazy.

You know I loathe him and his bad intent for this site, but this is one area that he is right. It's the same old blame the foreigner game.

We did.

That's what I was just talking about. People who are too lazy.
    I sure didn't. And Levi's also had the option of manufacturing a cheaper version and keeping the originals.

You know, it's a funny thing but I find there are more lazy people like that now even after so many have dropped out of the work force. I wonder why that is?
    "The Patriarch"

I sure didn't. And Levi's also had the option of manufacturing a cheaper version and keeping the originals.

Well, I didn't either. Stores like Walmartt, Dollar General, Dollar Tree, Family Dollar, .99 Variety, Big Lots, Odd Lots, Five and Below, etc. have proliferated, so it sounds like the majority demand it.

You can still buy a good pair of jeans, but you have to look harder. It also used to be easier to buy many quality items, but you just have to work harder to find it.

You know, it's a funny thing but I find there are more lazy people like that now even after so many have dropped out of the work force. I wonder why that is?
    Bad begets bad. It's the downward spiral that can happen in anything. I was out of work for well over two years. This was after having a very good job, and an even better job before that. I got lazy. It gets discouraging. I finally went to work for myself. Found a niche market.

Not sure if that's what you mean, but that is my observation.
    Last edited by NorthCarolinaLiberty; 04-26-2015 at 08:08 PM.

You can still buy a good pair of jeans, but you have to look harder. It also used to be easier to buy many quality items, but you just have to work harder to find it.
    True that, some things much harder than others.

Bad begets bad. It's the downward spiral that can happen in anything. I was out of work for well over two years. This was after having a very good job, and an even better job before that. I got lazy. It gets discouraging. I finally went to work for myself. Found a niche market.

Not sure if that's what you mean, but that is my observation.
    I had my own problems and started my own company to keep working but let that go. Now I seem to have found a niche such as yourself and just fly under the radar sans company. But there are one hell of a lot of people just living off one form of assistance or another with no intentions of ever returning to work.
    "The Patriarch"

Funny thing about that drop in wages that happened when illegals flooded the market, the price of the houses being sold didn't go down at all. They went up. The consumer saw NO benefit.
    correlation=/=causation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I doubt that I'll ever have an income like I had 1999-2010. Times have changed. You have to adjust.

It's a ways off, but I loathe the idea of collecting social security. I'm an opportunist, but having that as a way of life would be hard to take. Worst case--I'll go over to the familiar country where I would need much less to live. It'll be interesting to watch the slow burn of the U.S, but I'm also lucky to have an exit plan if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    correlation=/=causation.
    My point stands. The consumer did not benefit, at least those that were buying a house to live in instead of reselling for a profit.
    "The Patriarch"

I doubt that I'll ever have an income like I had 1999-2010. Times have changed. You have to adjust.

It's a ways off, but I loathe the idea of collecting social security. I'm an opportunist, but having that as a way of life would be hard to take. Worst case--I'll go over to the familiar country where I would need much less to live. It'll be interesting to watch the slow burn of the U.S, but I'm also lucky to have an exit plan if needed.
    We have different takes on the subject. I think about what the grand kids are going to have to look forward to. And I'm not likely to get anything from SS having not paid much of anything into it for years now. All the earlier years will count for naught.
    "The Patriarch"

My point stands. The consumer did not benefit, at least those that were buying a house to live in instead of reselling for a profit.
    Natch. From the evidence available ATM, it seems you are correct on that point, sir. ~hugs~
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

We have different takes on the subject. I think about what the grand kids are going to have to look forward to. And I'm not likely to get anything from SS having not paid much of anything into it for years now. All the earlier years will count for naught.
    Worst of both worlds. Not sure how long your gandkiddos have worked, but they never will get out as much as they (theoretically-SS is slush fund, not a trust in any meaningful sense) put in. ~hugs~

We've always had foreigners and outsiders. Chinks, Catholics, Jews, Italians, Irish, etc. They were always a scourge. They were all eventually accepted over the generations. Maybe part of it was because many were white and more indistinguishable. Maybe telecommunications in society have just made the current ones more visible. You could often determine the dirty Jew with his nose, name, or business, but the coloreds today are certainly more visible.

The big difference however, between today and yesteryear is that there was plenty to go around years ago. If you have niggas doing your work, steal the Indian's land, and vilify them both, then all is well. We ran out of Indian land to take and coloreds to do our work, so the country was bound to tip the other way. Just a cycle. Everything ends. The ship is sinking and everybody is looking out for himself. It's easy in the good times when the wine is flowing. Spigot shuts off and everybody $#@!s a brick. Expect more back-biting and self-preservation in the upcoming years.

Nowadays, everyone is a slave to dollar stores and fast food. Sucks, but we don't have anyone to blame but our fat selves. We never lost our freedom. We sold it.

We've always had foreigners and outsiders. Chinks, Catholics, Jews, Italians, Irish, etc. They were always a scourge. They were all eventually accepted over the generations. Maybe part of it was because many were white and more indistinguishable. Maybe telecommunications in society have just made the current ones more visible. You could often determine the dirty Jew with his nose, name, or business, but the coloreds today are certainly more visible.

The big difference however, between today and yesteryear is that there was plenty to go around years ago. If you have niggas doing your work, steal the Indian's land, and vilify them both, then all is well. We ran out of Indian land to take and coloreds to do our work, so the country was bound to tip the other way. Just a cycle. Everything ends. The ship is sinking and everybody is looking out for himself. It's easy in the good times when the wine is flowing. Spigot shuts off and everybody $#@!s a brick. Expect more back-biting and self-preservation in the upcoming years.

Nowadays, everyone is a slave to dollar stores and fast food. Sucks, but we don't have anyone to blame but our fat selves. We never lost our freedom. We sold it.
    My disgust with my fellow Americans, many of which I actually grew up with and around knows no bounds at this point in time. They laid down and turned their freedom and liberty over for a weak promise of comfort and security.

I have no animosity to those from south of the border, they dig in and do what they have to and despite our political differences we get along fine. They often show shocked surprise at an old gringo keeping pace with them on a job, lol. My animosity is reserved for those that intentionally brought/allowed them here for their political purposes.
    "The Patriarch"

My animosity is reserved for those that intentionally brought/allowed them here for their political purposes.

I will completely agree with you here. I still though, have to express some disgust at the foreigner who falls for it. A lot of these immigrants are from countries or hinterlands in countries where they are more free. I talk with the Cambodian head customer service woman at the grocery. She is all for police roadblocks. She not only dismisses the 4th amendment, but dismisses the fact that roadblocks don't work. I generally like the woman, but it's hard to get through to people sometimes. Many examples like that.

They come here for material goods. They're not looking for freedom, because they often have more than we have. They often sell their freedom, just like we do. The power of gold has a strong allure.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Worst of both worlds. Not sure how long your gandkiddos have worked, but they never will get out as much as they (theoretically-SS is slush fund, not a trust in any meaningful sense) put in. ~hugs~
    My oldest is still a few years from entering the work force being 15 years old. And my hopev was that that corrupt system would be replaced by free market alternatives but that hope seems dashed.
    "The Patriarch"

My disgust with my fellow Americans, many of which I actually grew up with and around knows no bounds at this point in time. They laid down and turned their freedom and liberty over for a weak promise of comfort and security.

I have no animosity to those from south of the border, they dig in and do what they have to and despite our political differences we get along fine. They often show shocked surprise at an old gringo keeping pace with them on a job, lol. My animosity is reserved for those that intentionally brought/allowed them here for their political purposes.
    I will completely agree with you here. I still though, have to express some disgust at the foreigner who falls for it. A lot of these immigrants are from countries or hinterlands in countries where they are more free. I talk with the Cambodian head customer service woman at the grocery. She is all for police roadblocks. She not only dismisses the 4th amendment, but dismisses the fact that roadblocks don't work. I generally like the woman, but it's hard to get through to people sometimes. Many examples like that.

They come here for material goods. They're not looking for freedom, because they often have more than we have. They often sell their freedom, just like we do. The power of gold has a strong allure.
    I agree in part with both of these posts. I'll never understand open borders advocates. Well I understand why the elites support open borders, but the ground level people who are brainwashed into it...how can they not see? I feel the same way with "free" trade, but that is for another thread.
    “When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank. You tell me that if I take the deposits from the bank and annul its charter I shall ruin ten thousand families. That may be true, gentlemen, but that is your sin! Should I let you go on, you will ruin fifty thousand families, and that would be my sin! You are a den of vipers and thieves. I have determined to rout you out, and by the Eternal, I will rout you out!”
    ― Andrew Jackson

/.
    Last edited by specsaregood; 05-18-2016 at 07:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Fwiw, my $100 American made push mower is 8yrs old and still working just fine. With no upkeep on it other than gas and oil. I'll keep that over either of your options.

Oh, okay.

Correlation is not causation. The main cause of wage decline (and, indirectly, in immigration increases) is our failed monetary policy at the Federal Reserve.
    The more prohibitions you have,
    the less virtuous people will be.
    The more weapons you have,
    the less secure people will be.
    The more subsidies you have,
    the less self-reliant people will be.

Therefore the Master says:
    I let go of the law,
    and people become honest.
    I let go of economics,
    and people become prosperous.
    I let go of religion,
    and people become serene.
    I let go of all desire for the common good,
    and the good becomes common as grass.

-Tao Te Ching, Section 57

I do not need more degrees than a thermometer to sit around and come with a study that tells me this.

If you:

1 - Debase the currency.

2 - Decimate manufacturing.

3 - Roll over and play dead in trade wars.

4 - Open the doors to tens of millions of, mostly, unskilled workers.

You will kill off the middle class and lower middle class wages.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast