Thread: Would you pull over for an unmarked vehicle with flashing lights ?

Would you pull over for an unmarked vehicle with flashing lights ?

There was a Bike Rally in town (thousands of bikes) yesterday afternoon, I drove past about 15 or so
    that were pulled over by two unmared green pickups, (secret police, Hiway Patrol , Sherrifs ?) .
    I thought police vehicles had a 'conspicuous' markings code that the were supposed to adhere to.

Do we need to pull over ?
    As a side note, these bikers that were pulled over were just regular folks, no colors , just
    full dress bikes and misc, no choppers or racing bikes....

This is the only thing I could find in a google search this morning from 2011, it's just a discussion:

https://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.h...&f=32&t=469807

, ,

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Nah, I'd just figure it was some Goober in an unmarked vehicle with flashing lights.

Hell no.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

If you ignore them long enough and they are legit they will send a marked car. Problem solved.

Don't they kill you if you don't stop?

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    They're shooting men 4 times a day in this country... I don't think they're being that particular.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    I hope not, how much is a Bilerburg Sticker ?

, ,

Haven't had the pleasure of such an experience just yet...

As of right now, I suppose I would, because a violent nutcase pretending to be a cop seems less likely than an actual cop in an unmarked car, and I don't want to be charged with evading arrest, etc.

But what's the law on this? Are you legally required to stop for an unmarked cop car? If so, that's a very stupid law: encourages the aforementioned nutjobs.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No,why would I? Any idiot can have a flashing light on his car. I would dial 911 and confirm a gestapo agent is trying to write me a bull$#@! traffic violation ticket. The only time there should be unmarked police cars are for serious investigations.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Haven't had the pleasure of such an experience just yet...

As of right now, I suppose I would, because a violent nutcase pretending to be a cop seems less likely than an actual cop in an unmarked car, and I don't want to be charged with evading arrest, etc.

But what's the law on this? Are you legally required to stop for an unmarked cop car? If so, that's a very stupid law: encourages the aforementioned nutjobs.
    CLEVELAND - After Saturday's alleged assault involving a man impersonating a police officer, police spoke to NewsChannel 5 on Sunday to offer tips on how to stay safe when being pulled over by an unmarked vehicle.

The victim in Saturday's fake cop incident told police she thought she was being pulled over by an unmarked police vehicle on East 79th Street near Korman Avenue. The woman reported being sexually assaulted and robbed. She said the suspect was driving in a black Chevy Caprice with tinted windows and a "bubble light".

http://www.newsnet5.com/news/local-n...n-unmarked-car
    Last edited by Warrior_of_Freedom; 05-08-2015 at 09:04 PM.
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

No, we've had people impersonating cops here.

I'm embarrassed to say this, but one time I got pulled over by a man in an unmarked car. He said he was an off duty cop who pulled me over because I was speeding. It was a long time ago, but IIRC, he called a cop and I got a ticket, and was late to work. I was extremely upset and I thought the whole thing was ridiculous.
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by paleocon1 View Post
    Beware of fake cops.
    yup, even people in cruisers can be fake cops. you never know. They could have killed a cop and put on their uniform, or just hijacked a cop car, like some article posted here a month or so ago when someone jumped into an empty cop car with the key still in the ignition, lol.
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."