Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Saliva pH and Tooth Health

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    What is the "body pH", and how do I measure it?
    They have saliva and urine strips you can purchase to find out what your body's pH is. They have instructions right on the box on how to do the procedure.

Sources:
    https://www.microessentiallab.com/?g...FVFp7Aod3zYAoQ
    http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&key...sl_dr7u4dqj5_b

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Also, more acidity does not mean less oxygen.
    Generally it does mean less oxygen.

A WORD ABOUT OXYGEN

More and more research is showing that low oxygen delivery to cells is a major factor in most if not all degenerative conditions.

Nobel laureate, Dr. Otto Warburg of Germany, won his Nobel Prize for his discovery of oxygen deficiency in the CANCER growth process. As stated above, when pH is off and our bodies are running more acidic, our cells are getting less oxygen. Cancer thrives under an acid tissue pH/oxygen deficient environment. Is it any wonder today that cancer rates are up?

To recall how important oxygen is to your life, just stop breathing for a minute. Get the idea? Each cell in your body can breathe fully or not. Which it is depends upon having an optimum pH balance. Do you think keeping an eye on your body pH might be important in your life?
    Source
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So if I piss or spit on one of those paper strips, it will tell me what the pH of my blood is?

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Generally it does mean less oxygen.
    When oxygen supply to cell is low, your cell start using anaerobic metabolism to produce energy. This has an unfortunate side effect of producing lactic acid as a waste product, lactic acid lowers your pH which gives people the impression that low oxygen means something is acidic. But pH is all about hydrogen ion concentration not oxygen.
    Last edited by juleswin; 04-26-2015 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Your body has numerous buffers to maintain its pH. You can't really change it by diet.

Very, very inaccurate. The statement does not even make much sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    Very, very inaccurate. The statement does not even make much sense.
    Actually, he is right. The pH regulation in the body is quite capable of holding pH between 7.35 - 7.45 assuming you did not mistakenly drink some household cleaner, or experiencing diabetes ketoacidosis, prolonged oxygen starvation, in kidney failure etc etc. Your blood pH will very likely not deviate that much from the normal range. If it deviates 1 pt from normal range? you are looking at coma and possible death.

So Zippy is right on this, your diet may push your pH up a few 0.01 pts up or down but that's about it, buffers and other elimination system takes good care of the excess H ion.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    So Zippy is right on this, your diet may push your pH up a few 0.01 pts up or down but that's about it, buffers and other elimination system takes good care of the excess H ion.

No, he could not be more wrong. Meat is acid forming. Your bones will leach calcium on such a diet. Pop has the same effect.

This is basic, common sense stuff. Cooking chemically alters food, not to mention eliminates the water needed to digest the food. People dance all around an issue and are completely confused about a basic life fundamental like eating.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

http://www.webmd.com/diet/alkaline-diets

The Promise
    It's a pitch Hollywood celebs love: that the alkaline diet – also known as the alkaline ash diet or alkaline acid diet – can help you lose weight and avoid problems like arthritis and cancer. The theory is that some foods, like meat, wheat, refined sugar, and processed foods, cause your body to produce acid, which is bad for you.

Eating specific foods that make your body more alkaline, on the other hand, can protect against those conditions as well as shed pounds. The alkaline diet really rocketed into the news when Victoria Beckham tweeted about an alkaline diet cookbook in January 2013.

Does It Work?
    Maybe, but not for the reasons it claims.

First, a little chemistry: A pH level measures how acid or alkaline something is. A pH of 0 is totally acidic, while a pH of 14 is completely alkaline. A pH of 7 is neutral. Those levels vary throughout your body. Your blood is slightly alkaline, with a pH between 7.35 and 7.45. Your stomach is very acidic, with a pH of 3.5 or below, so it can break down food. And your urine changes, depending on what you eat – that's how your body keeps the level in your blood steady.

The alkaline diet claims to help your body maintain its blood pH level. In fact, nothing you eat is going to substantially change the pH of your blood. Your body works to keep that level constant.

But the foods you're supposed to eat on the alkaline diet are good for you: lots of fruits and vegetables, and lots of water. Avoiding sugar, alcohol, and processed foods is healthy weight-loss advice, too.

As to the other health claims, there's some early evidence that a diet low in acid-producing foods like animal protein (such as meat and cheese) and bread and high in fruits and veggies could help prevent kidney stones, keep bones and muscles strong, improve heart health and brain function, reduce low back pain, and lower risk for colon cancer and type 2 diabetes. But researchers aren't sure yet.

Not that one should have to research this to the Nth degree because so much is common sense, but your own source discusses exactly what I said:

As to the other health claims, there's some early evidence that a diet low in acid-producing foods like animal protein (such as meat and cheese) and bread and high in fruits and veggies could help prevent kidney stones, keep bones and muscles strong, improve heart health and brain function, reduce low back pain, and lower risk for colon cancer and type 2 diabetes. But researchers aren't sure yet.

And before you latch on to the last sentence of researchers not being sure, think about it for yourself. Think about how a piece of meat with all the water cooked out of it and also is chemically changed with heat. Think about how a bunch of spinach might possibly be better. Don't look it up. Think about it intuitively.

If you have to look it up, then really look it up. Then--again--think about how long you are willing to wait around for the researchers who "aren't sure yet."

Do you wait around for things to happen or do you make them happen? That is one difference between a progressive like you who waits for government to give the okay, and people who actually are pioneers or do the research themselves.

Your theory being that putting an acid in your mouth will raise the PH of your mouth?
    It will raise the pH of your blood and saliva once digested, I would recommend rinsing it down with some water. Citrus, particularly lemon and lime have the same effect. They will raise the pH of your digestive tract (good) and reduce the pH of your blood/saliva.
    Last edited by dannno; 04-27-2015 at 01:55 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

This is the third time you've posted that and the third time I have to debunk you on this.

Ya, your blood pH isn't going to change substantially because your body uses nutrients and minerals to buffer your blood pH. Therefore, if you eat an acidic diet, your body is going to constantly have to purge vital minerals and nutrients to keep your blood pH buffered and this will lead to health problems.

If you eat a diet that helps balance your blood pH, or a diet that has a high mineral and vitamin content, then you will have less health problems.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thank you for debunking me yet again. I stand corrected. From my post:

In fact, nothing you eat is going to substantially change the pH of your blood. Your body works to keep that level constant.
    From your post:

Ya, your blood pH isn't going to change substantially because your body uses nutrients and minerals to buffer your blood pH.

Thank you for debunking me yet again. I stand corrected. From my post:

From your post:
    Sorry zippy, I'm debunking you on a higher intellectual level than that.

First of all, food DOES change your blood pH, and as that occurs your body buffers it using vital nutrients and minerals that could be used for other functions. You could become nutrient deficient if you eat food that makes your body acidic and don't replenish the nutrients.

If you become nutrient deficient, your body lacks the buffers and your blood does in fact begin to get too acidic, and this is an environment where cancer thrives.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Sorry zippy, I'm debunking you on a higher intellectual level than that.

First of all, food DOES change your blood pH, and as that occurs your body buffers it using vital nutrients and minerals that could be used for other functions. You could become nutrient deficient if you eat food that makes your body acidic and don't replenish the nutrients.

If you become nutrient deficient, your body lacks the buffers and your blood does in fact begin to get too acidic, and this is an environment where cancer thrives.

What vital minerals is your body using to make buffers? Food doesn't change your pH in any meaningful way because buffers and other mechanisms in the body prevent whatever pH in balance the food might have caused from happening. pH in stomach might change but blood pH is very regulated and kept with a small range.

Some mineral deficit cause pH imbalance but I don't think pH in balance causes mineral deficit. I can't think of one myself but feel free to fill me in.

The many people talking about blood pH apparently didn't read the OP or the thread title. Why are you commenting then?

The blood pH is hard to change, but I am not talking about blood pH. The saliva pH is easy to change by the diet, and if it's acidic it damages the tooth enamel.

Getting the morning fasting saliva pH to 6.5 is one good measure to protect the enamel.
    Last edited by jj-; 05-02-2015 at 10:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jj- View Post
    The many people talking about blood pH apparently didn't read the OP or the thread title. Why are you commenting then?

The blood pH is hard to change, but I am not talking about blood pH. The saliva pH is easy to change by the diet, and if it's acidic it damages the tooth enamel.

Getting the morning fasting saliva pH to 6.5 is one good measure to protect the enamel.
    There are people in this thread who imply there is one pH to rule them all, though they have shown little understanding of what pH is, or even basic definitions of acids and bases.

I agree you can raise the pH in your mouth by brushing with baking soda, or usually a glass of water before bed can help prevent dry mouth, which is the condition that allows acid in the mouth to do the most destruction to the enamel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12