Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 'Straight Pride' Posters Appear On Ohio's Youngstown State University Campus

I think Acala's point, which is a good one, is that the things you are complaining about that they are doing is a reaction to how society treated them in the past. People who didn't like homosexual activity put them in prison and murdered them. If that had never happened, gay people probably wouldn't be acting out quite so much - they wouldn't have an arguably legitimate reason to try and get so much attention.

So Acala's point was, that even though it is debatable whether they should still be using their past persecution to gain attention in the present, it is still essentially the fault of those who imprisoned and killed gay people in the past for why are able to go after so much attention now.

So don't blame gay people as much as the anti-gay people who have and may continue to want to persecute them in the future. They don't have to be the people who made this poster for that to be a legitimate argument.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian Liberty View Post
    Not "the same" but both are completely perverse and unnatural. The idea that one can be "persecuted" for either is a completely modern and utterly absurd idea.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    When individuals belong to dominant societal cohorts (Caucasian, male, heterosexual, etc.)
    What do they think the 'D' in BDSM stands for?

I'm being discriminated against!
    Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

A police state is a small price to pay for living in the freest country on earth.

Quote Originally Posted by mad cow View Post
    What do they think the 'D' in BDSM stands for?

I'm being discriminated against!
    Dominants unite! Next thing you know the Submisives are gonna want equality. And that is un-natural.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I think Acala's point, which is a good one, is that the things you are complaining about that they are doing is a reaction to how society treated them in the past. People who didn't like homosexual activity put them in prison and murdered them. If that had never happened, gay people probably wouldn't be acting out quite so much - they wouldn't have an arguably legitimate reason to try and get so much attention.

So Acala's point was, that even though it is debatable whether they should still be using their past persecution to gain attention in the present, it is still essentially the fault of those who imprisoned and killed gay people in the past for why are able to go after so much attention now.

So don't blame gay people as much as the anti-gay people who have and may continue to want to persecute them in the future. They don't have to be the people who made this poster for that to be a legitimate argument.
    Bull$#@!. Many want special rights.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

How many gay people did Jesus kill?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Acala View Post
    Not more than two days ago a collegue of mine was in my office bitching about how the medical mj people are constantly trumpeting how wonderful mj is and that they should just shut up about it. I made the idential point then that I have made about gay pride: if you hadn't spent a hundred years ruining people's lives over smoking a few flowers they wouldn't have to have a political and social movement. I even drew the analogy in the opposite direction to the gay movement. Same thing, in my opinion. When you try and police lifestyle choices, don't bitch when the people you have been messing with get organized and fight back.
    I confess I haven't been around MMJ folk very much. But I haven't noticed them organizing public parades and awareness weeks nearly as frequently as the sexual identity groups.

Anyway, for something a little more light-hearted ...

Last edited by milgram; 04-24-2015 at 04:32 PM.

Jesus didn't kill anyone....yet.

But he will. And just based on raw statistics they'll likely be some gay people in the mix.

The world hasn't seen the Lion of Judah yet.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

Quote Originally Posted by wizardwatson View Post

But he will. And just based on raw statistics they'll likely be some gay people in the mix.

All Heaven's gonna break loose.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Bull$#@!. Many want special rights.
    That wasn't my argument - my argument was that if gay people hadn't been persecuted, that they wouldn't have any legitimate reason, perceived or otherwise, to be asking for equal rights or any special type of rights because they were already being treated equally.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That wasn't my argument - my argument was that if gay people hadn't been persecuted, that they wouldn't have any legitimate reason, perceived or otherwise, to be asking for equal rights or any special type of rights because they were already being treated equally.
    Not necessarily. People demand special rights of all sorts regularly for hosts of silly reasons. Off the top of my head-a "right to privacy". SMDH.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Not necessarily. People demand special rights of all sorts regularly for hosts of silly reasons. Off the top of my head-a "right to privacy". SMDH.
    I don't think that is a comparative analogy. Is there a group who has never been persecuted to any extent that goes around telling everybody about how they need to be treated equally or whatever when they always have been and society pays attention to them?

As far as right to privacy, that depends - if I have a letter in a safe on my property, I have a right to keep that letter private. You don't have a right to come look at my letter, neither does the government. I have the right to protect my property.

If I print the private letter out in 96 point font and post it up on the door of City Hall, I don't have the right to claim that the letter be private.

Or really what you mean is that its God's fault.

How many years did Jesus spend as a civil magistrate?

Quote Originally Posted by Sam I am View Post
    The difference is that when it's rape, there's at least 1 non-consenting party. When it's consensual anything, by definition, all of the parties are consenting.

that all parties involved consent is the only thing that really matters.
    I used to agree with this, but then I realized that open perversion degrades society far more than libertarians think it does.

I think the poster is funny.

Gays using government to force acceptance are just as bad as the christians using government to force hatred.

Quote Originally Posted by wizardwatson View Post

A loving and forgiving God indeed!

I used to agree with this, but then I realized that open perversion degrades society far more than libertarians think it does.
    You mean like men shaving their faces?
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

//
    In New Zealand:
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    Prostitution is legal

Are you all so out of touch that no one here has a friend that has been beaten in public for nothing other than being suspected of being gay?
    In New Zealand:
    Prostitution is legal

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by idiom View Post
    Are you all so out of touch that no one here has a friend that has been beaten in public for nothing other than being suspected of being gay?
    This place is a GD echo chamber.
    98% of the country is being sodomized by the government, yet RPF is more concerned about the 2% who choose to sodomize each other.
    -Albert Camus

Absolutely not,nor have I ever heard about any such thing amongst everybody I know.
    New Zealand sounds like a rough neighborhood.
    Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

A police state is a small price to pay for living in the freest country on earth.

Quote Originally Posted by bubbleboy View Post
    I want the word "gay" back.
    This.

I never use this word to define homosexual. I am tired of the english language being bastardized.
    "I am commonly opposed to those who modestly assume the rank of champions of liberty, and make a very patriotic noise about the people. It is the stale artifice which has duped the world a thousand times, and yet, though detected, it is still successful."

--Fisher Ames (1789)

//
    Last edited by specsaregood; 05-20-2016 at 01:09 PM.

"Pride" is for people who are insecure and seek validation, people who cry bully and want the world to sympathize with their victimhood.

I don't think that is a comparative analogy. Is there a group who has never been persecuted to any extent that goes around telling everybody about how they need to be treated equally or whatever when they always have been and society pays attention to them?

As far as right to privacy, that depends - if I have a letter in a safe on my property, I have a right to keep that letter private. You don't have a right to come look at my letter, neither does the government. I have the right to protect my property.

If I print the private letter out in 96 point font and post it up on the door of City Hall, I don't have the right to claim that the letter be private.
    You're thinking of persons and property. That is a legit right and has existed at least since the beginning of classical liberal thought. "Privacy" in the broadest sense can't be a right by its nature. No court or philosopher has been able to justify such a right rationally (that is, with sound reasoning absent of flawed and/or fallacious reasoning).
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Henry View Post
    This.

I never use this word to define homosexual. I am tired of the english language being bastardized.
    Meh. Semantic shift is a reality and inevitability of human language. (except perhaps synthetic languages like Esperanto) We just have to deal with it, painful as it may be. Other sadly hijacked/shifted words include "liberal", "anarchy", and "***".

(ETA: Why is RPFs censoring "f@g"? )

That's clearly wrong. Nobody's disputing that. Of course, in today's society the "gay" part gets emphasized and the whole "on mere suspicion" thing gets ignored.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    98% of the country is being sodomized by the government, yet RPF is more concerned about the 2% who choose to sodomize each other.
    Way to twist what has been said.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

That's clearly wrong. Nobody's disputing that. Of course, in today's society the "gay" part gets emphasized and the whole "on mere suspicion" thing gets ignored.
    Yes, they should wait until they have concrete evidence before needlessly beating the $#@! out of someone.

Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    The culture war is every bit as important - if not more so.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Way to twist what has been said.
    Thanks. Care to untwist what I wrote? What is being said? Is this the marquis issue in 2015? Or yet ANOTHER distraction?
    -Albert Camus

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast