Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: First They Came for the Anti-Vaxxers

First They Came for the Anti-Vaxxers

Interesting, click worthy read.

Earlier this year I spent a few days at the Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center with my daughter who was having an EEG done. On our way home, I learned that there had been an outbreak of an antibiotic-resistant bacteria while we were there, that it had infected seven people and killed two of them. My daughter and I were fine – the infection having been limited to people using a particular kind of duodenoscope.

When the story hit the news, I fully expected nationwide outcry similar to that inspired by the recent measles “epidemic” that began at Disneyland. That outbreak killed no-one, yet set the country on fire with calls for mandatory vaccination and even prison sentences for parents who choose not to vaccinate their children. Drug-resistant “superbugs” kill nearly 15,000 people a year in the US and a recent report predicts that they could kill as many as 300 million people by 2050. Surely this far more deadly health threat would lead to similar widespread outrage and calls for those even remotely responsible to be held accountable.

I expected to see editorials calling for anyone who engaged in the overuse of antibiotics to be shunned by society; doctors who prescribed them unnecessarily (around 50% of all prescriptions by some estimates) to be censured and perhaps lose their licenses; parents who asked for antibiotics every time their child had an ear infection – despite the fact that the vast majority are not bacterial and are unaffected by antibiotics – to be thrown in jail for endangering the rest of us. But I saw nothing along these lines. Why not?

The manipulation of the conversation around vaccines in the mainstream media has been nothing short of a tour de force. If you read only mainstream publications, you might come away with the impression that outbreaks of measles are the most serious public health crisis since the Black Death. You might think that those who do not vaccinate are uneducated, superstitious, “anti-science” zealots who get their information from daytime talk shows. You might even start to feel outrage at these people who – for no good reason at all – have decided to endanger everyone else by refusing to do what every doctor knows is perfectly safe, effective and the socially responsible thing to do.

http://www.ronpaulinstitute.org/arch...-anti-vaxxers/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Oh boy, some pro-vaxxer, GMO-proponent oligarchists among us (Angie, Zippy, etc...) who supposedly support Ron Paul might have issues with Bretigne Shaffer of the Ron Paul Institute calling them out like that.

I guess the RPI is now a liberal institution.... as everyone who disagrees with one of the particular oligarchist here is a liberal.... LOL.

Let's see the oligarists rip apart RPI now...

Reprinted with permission from LewRockwell.com.
    or say it is Lew Rockwells fault.
    I have seen through it all... the system is against us. ALL OF IT.

And this is again why the government will give up trying to educate the population and simply bully them into compliance.

Right out of the gate, the author illustrates up his own ignorance with that chart and the statistics behind it, which have been posted and debunked in these forums about 100 times previously. The death rate from measles fell off because of improvements in modern medicine as well as sanitation. The transmission of the disease did not taper off over generations - itself dropped like a stone immediately after the vaccine was introduced. Additionally, in the "third world $#@!holes" (as one of the benevolent RPF anti-vaxxers so lovingly put it) the rate of transmission and death falls immediately after the vaccine is introduced to the population even without the improvements in their overall standard of living.

There is no logical argument against the vaccine. None, zero, zip.

The only position is the "because I dont want to!" position, which I fully support. But those of us that don't want the vaccines forany reason should stfu about the science and the imaginary dangers, because they only serve to make us look like idiots

Remember, until they started their endless and pointless loud nonsensical tirades, there was no movement towards mandatory vaccines. They are the ones bringing this evil upon us.

Those who would force vaccinations on the rest of us are fond of repeating bromides like “your right to be sick ends where public health begins.” But who gets to decide what constitutes “public health”? Who decided that the eradication of every childhood illness is in the best interests of “public health”? Why are not increased rates of childhood cancer and life-threatening allergies relevant to “public health”? Why can I not demand that everyone else stop vaccinating their children because doing so directly threatens the ability of mine to contract childhood diseases which might help strengthen their immune systems?
    7. When in doubt, pepper your stories with some of the following affirmations. Remember: The more you say them, the truer they become: “Vaccines save lives”; “parents who don’t vaccinate are selfish” (“ignorant”, “anti-science” and “hippies” all work well too.); and above all: “the science is settled.”

You may have to repeat this last one many many times before your readers come to understand and accept it.
    8. Don’t even address vaccines directly. Simply include some mention of vaccine skepticism as an example of the kind of irrational thinking some people (especially, strangely, well-educated ones) still engage in despite “everyone knowing” how foolish it is.

This is perhaps the most powerful tool you can use to sway your audience. Nobody wants to be seen as foolish, and most people don’t have the time or inclination to look closely at the evidence for and against vaccine safety. If people keep hearing that “everyone knows” vaccines are safe and effective, most of them will tend to go along with that position even if they don’t know much about the topic – if only to avoid being seen as crackpots. Fear of public humiliation can be a beautiful thing in the right hands.
    My oh my, sounds like the resident vaccine pushers--doesn't it?

Excellent, excellent article! +rep
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Whatever you do though, make sure you don’t accidentally show them this graph instead:

Yeah, don't do that. That's a wicked, evil, devilish, naughty graph. It should be spanked.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    Oh boy, some pro-vaxxer, GMO-proponent oligarchists among us (Angie, Zippy, etc...) who supposedly support Ron Paul might have issues with Bretigne Shaffer of the Ron Paul Institute calling them out like that. .
    An appeal to authority argument coupled with ad hominems does not negate that there is no science or facts behind the anti-vaccine movement.

Ron Paul supports educating people using facts. Anti-vaxxers lie, invent conspiracies, and tell more lies to support their cause. And I don't see a medical degree in Ms Shaffer's long line of accomplishments, so it isn't even a good appeal to authority.

But to quote the article:
    The presentation of this issue has been a study in just how easy it can be to generate mass hysteria around a particular threat - even while much more serious threats inspire no such response.
    What your cult leaders should be screeching about is the story about the 2009 British vaccine that caused narcolepsy in the patients that got it. But instead, they're essentially ignoring that while promoting nonsense like this misleading "Death By Measles" chart which is utterly meaningless in the conversation.

If I wanted to push the public into supporting mandatory vaccinations, the anti vax movement is exactly how I would do it.
    Last edited by angelatc; 04-24-2015 at 07:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    The only position is the "because I dont want to!" position, which I fully support. But those of us that don't want the vaccines forany reason should stfu about the science and the imaginary dangers, because they only serve to make us look like idiots
    I can think of a few others that should STFU... oligarchist.

Ron Paul supports educating people using facts. Anti-vaxxers lie, invent conspiracies, and tell more lies to support their cause.
    So how did this get published on RPI if it is a lie and Ron Paul supports just facts?

And I don't see a medical degree in Ms Shaffer's long line of accomplishments, so it isn't even a good appeal to authority.
    Any your medical degree is from where?
    Last edited by Thor; 04-24-2015 at 07:53 AM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    I can think of a few others that should STFU... oligarchist.
    And yet more evidence that the anti-vaxxers are just loud mouth bullies that don't believe that facts and truth are important in conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Yeah, don't do that. That's a wicked, evil, devilish, naughty graph. It should be spanked.
    Angela negged me for this, that's interesting. I thought she woulda + repped me and said 'yup'.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

And yet more evidence that the anti-vaxxers are just loud mouth bullies that don't believe that facts and truth are important in conversation.
    Comments on the internet are not evidence, as you have said time and time again... who is the loud mouth bully? LOL.

hey, atleast this chart accurately used 1963 as the baseline for the vaccine.

of course, it still cherry picks 1900 in order to minimize the effect of the vaccine in a visual way. If you plot 1950 through present day, you will see a drastic impact on outbreaks, and deaths.

4. Remind your readers that “correlation is not causation.”

Unless you want to show them this graph and tell them it proves that vaccines save lives:

Source

Whatever you do though, make sure you don’t accidentally show them this graph instead:

Source
    The truth will set you FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

I am in no way a proponent of forcing vaccines on people, nor punishing those that opt out. However, to say vaccines do not work is simply to deny facts. Yes, people can point to some poor child negatively affected by them, but no person is the same, and there is always a small % of the population that will react negatively to something that has no ill effect on 99.9% of us.

To use those rare cases (and yes, a few hundred out of billions is very rare) as proof of poison is incredible cherry picking. This fact does nothing for the parents of those children affected, but facts are facts. I try to avoid these arguments, as the people who decry vaccines use a VERY circular logic (Vaccines don't work! If they do work, why are you worried about your children?!?!). I can respect the "I simply don't trust them, and that .001% risk to my child is too much for me.", but I can't respect the "I'm going to deny science and medical fact to support my view!".

The "anti-vax" movement would get much further if they'd simply be honest and upfront.
    "Self conquest is the greatest of all victories." - Plato

Chester Copperpot

And this is again why the government will give up trying to educate the population and simply bully them into compliance.

Right out of the gate, the author illustrates up his own ignorance with that chart and the statistics behind it, which have been posted and debunked in these forums about 100 times previously. The death rate from measles fell off because of improvements in modern medicine as well as sanitation. The transmission of the disease did not taper off over generations - itself dropped like a stone immediately after the vaccine was introduced. Additionally, in the "third world $#@!holes" (as one of the benevolent RPF anti-vaxxers so lovingly put it) the rate of transmission and death falls immediately after the vaccine is introduced to the population even without the improvements in their overall standard of living.

There is no logical argument against the vaccine. None, zero, zip.

Remember, until they started their endless and pointless loud nonsensical tirades, there was no movement towards mandatory vaccines. They are the ones bringing this evil upon us.
    doesnt your above quote admit that vaccination of the measles isnt necessary since it was cleaner sanitation that made it stop as you say?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Vaccination Statistics

A 1992 study published in The American Journal of Epidemiology shows that children die at a rate 8 times greater than normal within three days after getting a DPT vaccination.

A preliminary study by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) found children who received the HiB vaccine ... were found to be 5 times more likely to contract the disease than children who had not received the vaccine.

In the New England Journal of Medicine July 1994 issue a study found that over 80% of children under 5 years of age who had contracted whooping cough had been fully vaccinated.

In 1977 Dr Jonas Salk (inventor of the Salk polio vaccine) testified with other scientists that 87% of the polio cases which occurred in the US since 1970 were the by-product of the polio vaccine.

The Sabin oral polio vaccine (OPV) is the only known cause of polio in the us today.

The February 1981 issue of the Journal of the American Medical Association found that 90% of obstetricians and 66% of pediatricians refused to take the rubella vaccine.

The pro-vaccination side is all that is offered in the media, schools, doctor’s offices, PHS, and all government publications. This is a biased one-sided view of vaccinations based much on manufacturer’s studies and writings. The other side is rarely discussed and adverse events after vaccination are dismissed as a one-in-a-million chance which is a necessary risk we all have to take. The truth is that the risks are far greater than they are telling us, and there are no mandatory vaccines. Extreme pressures are placed on parents for not signing permission and accepting all responsibility for the toxic vaccines. Yet, doctors cannot guarantee the safety of vaccines or that they will even work. Many vaccinations fail to achieve their intended level of immunity and many cause horrible complications (including death) which one will have to suffer for the rest of their life. The trade-off is not wroth the risk. Mumps and measles are innocuous childhood diseases, but the vaccines have caused cancer, diabetes, brain damage, leukemia, autism, and even death (SIDS).

This information is to provide a balance against the pro-vaccination literature which is easily available. Anti-vaccination philosophies are sometimes difficult to find and anti-vaccinationists are called names in an attempt to discredit their reasoning. One must concede that both sides are biased in their views, however skewed. Truth is what is needed and that seems to be lacking in the pro-vaccination literature. If vaccines were good for us, there would be no reason for dishonesty and deceit. If vaccines were safe and effective there would be no issue here. Anti-vaccination literature only wants to support the truth and honestly tell the facts as they really are. Only by becoming educated in this very important issue can one make an informed decision. Yet, every day parents are asked to roll up Johnny’s sleeve with very little consideration as to what their permission is for. Few people realize that vaccines are grown on monkey kidneys, mice brains and chicken embryos. Few people realize the dire consequences of injecting foreign animal tissues (DNA/RNA) and the auto-immune reactions they can induce. Few people realize that vaccines are immune depressing and may cause cancers, leukemias and even have been linked to AIDS.

Only by keeping people in the dark (ignorant to the ill-effects of vaccinations) can vaccination profit-levels be kept high. Parents are purposefully not given the facts concerning vaccines, or they are given altered data and only the glossy side of the pro-vaccine issues. A one-sided view is delivered to parents who are not being educated or informed, but it favors vaccinations! Ignorance may be bliss, but not in vaccination issues, where death and severe damage may ensue. Many people do not even know (nor are they told) that vaccines are grown on animal organs and contain foreign DNA/RNA of those animals. Vaccinations are blood products and hazardous to our immune system. The medical literature is full of citations linking vaccines to many diseases, both causally (cause-associated) and temporally (time-associated). Yet, people erroneously assume that because vaccines are mandated by law that the government is verifying to their safety and effectiveness. Nothing can be further from the truth, since the government relies on the data from the manufacturers for the vaccine safety studies and coaxes to their research for vaccine effectiveness.

Few people realize that vaccines have been linked with brain damage, lowered IQ, ADD, learning disabilities, and autism. Yet, neurological disorders are among the most listed and studied vaccine complications in the medical literature. Unvaccinated children have a level of health that is unsurpassed by "normal" children, because they have not had their immune systems depressed or tampered with by vaccines. Unvaccinated children have higher IQs and less brain dysfunction than "normal" children. Unvaccinated children are truly healthy in every way possible. Few parents are told of the real consequences of vaccines, but only that they "prevent" disease. Yet, the truth is that vaccines cause more diseases than they "prevent". Vaccines are not safe and effective as we are led to believe. Their prevention of disease is more myth than reality as we will see how they manipulate the data and facts to make vaccines appear to "work". We will look at why vaccines are bad for our health and why .... Vaccines Prevent Health.

Continued...

From the article:

The science on vaccine safety is conflicted, it is insufficient and it is badly corrupted by special interests.
    Emphasis mine.
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

An appeal to authority argument coupled with ad hominems does not negate that there is no science or facts behind the anti-vaccine movement.

Ron Paul supports educating people using facts. Anti-vaxxers lie, invent conspiracies, and tell more lies to support their cause. And I don't see a medical degree in Ms Shaffer's long line of accomplishments, so it isn't even a good appeal to authority.

But to quote the article:

What your cult leaders should be screeching about is the story about the 2009 British vaccine that caused narcolepsy in the patients that got it. But instead, they're essentially ignoring that while promoting nonsense like this misleading "Death By Measles" chart which is utterly meaningless in the conversation.

If I wanted to push the public into supporting mandatory vaccinations, the anti vax movement is exactly how I would do it.
    Talk about screeching...
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

Vaccines will be the political tool for total medical tyranny and control over lives.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    The truth will set you FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
    your truth is dishonest propganda.

blow up the mortality graph between 1950 and today. anybody that uses the graph you used is either ignorant, or a liar

Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post

blow up the mortality graph between 1950 and today. anybody that uses the graph you used is either ignorant, or a liar
    Clean water, nutritional foods, good hygiene and sanitation has made much of the difference, not vaccines.

Disease decline before introduction of immunisation

Measles deaths 1901 to vaccination

Vaccines: Are they really Safe and Effective?

Vaccines Did Not Save Us – 2 Centuries Of Official Statistics

Tell that to these doctors:

Dr. Suzanne Humphries,
    Dr. Robert Sears,
    Dr. Kenneth Stoller,
    Dr. Robert Rowen,
    Dr. Janet Levatin,
    Dr. Stephanie Cave,
    Dr. Sherri Tenpenny,
    Dr. Meryl Nass,
    Dr. Jay Gordon,
    Dr. Jane Orient

and these doctors and scientists:

Nicola Antonucci, MD Isaac Golden, ND Amber Passini, MD, David Ayoub, MD Gary Goldman, PhD Ronald Peters, MD, MPH,
    Nancy Turner Banks, MD Garry Gordon, MD, DO, MD(H) Jean Pilette, MD, Timur Baruti, MD Doug Graham, DC Pat Rattigan, ND,
    Danny Beard, DC Boyd Haley, PhD Zoltan Rona, MD, MSc, Françoise Berthoud, MD Gayl Hamilton, MD Chaim Rosenthal, MD,
    Russell Blaylock, MD Linda Hegstrand, MD, PhD Robert Rowen, MD, Fred Bloem, MD James Howenstine, MD Máximo Sandín, PhD,
    Laura Bridgman, FNP, ND Suzanne Humphries, MD Len Saputo, MD,Kelly Brogan, MD Belén Igual Diaz, MD Michael Schachter, MD
    Sarah Buckley, MD Philip Incao, MD Viera Scheibner, PhD, Rashid Buttar, DO Joyce Johnson, ND Penelope Shar, MD
    Harold Buttram, MD A. Majid Katme, MBBCh, DPM Bruce Shelton, MD, MD(H),Lisa Cantrell, RN Tedd Koren, DC Debbi Silverman, MD
    Lua Català Ferrer, MD Alexander Kotok, MD, PhD Kenneth “KP” Stoller, MD,Jennifer Craig, PhD, BSN, MA Eneko Landaburu,
    MD Terri Su, MD, Robert Davidson, MD, PhD Luc Lemaire, DC Didier Tarte, MD, Ana de Leo, MD Janet Levatin,
    MD Leigh Ann Tatnall, RN, Carlos de Quero Kops, MD Thomas Levy, MD, JD Adiel Tel-Oren, MD, DC, Carolyn Dean, MD,ND,
    Stephen L’Hommedieu, DC Sherri Tenpenny, DO, Mayer Eisenstein, MD, JD, MPH Paul Maher, MD, MPH Renee Tocco, DC
    Todd M. Elsner, DC Andrew Maniotis, PhD Demetra Vagias, MD, ND,Jorge Esteves, MD Steve Marini, PhD, DC Franco Verzella, MD
    Edward “Ted” Fogarty, MD Juan Manuel Martínez Méndez, MD Julian Whitaker, MD,Jack Forbush, DO Sue McIntosh, MD
    Ronald Whitmont, MD, Milani Gabriele, CRNA, RN Richard Moskowitz, MD Betty Wood, MD
    Sheila Gibson, MD, BSc Sheri Nakken, RN, MA Eduardo Ángel Yahbes, MD
    Mike Godfrey, MBBS Christiane Northrup, MD

Source: http://www.vaccinationcouncil.org/20...he-full-story/

And:

Shizuo Akira, MD, PhD

David Amaral, PhD, MIND Institute, UC-Davis

François-Jérôme Authier, Professor, PhD

David Ayoub, MD, Radiologist

Anne-Catherine Bachoud-Levia, PhD

Toni Bark, MD

David S. Baskin, PhD

Denis Bedoret, PhD

Russell Blaylock, MD, CCN, former clinical assistant professor of neurosurgery at the University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson, MS. and is currently a visiting professor of biology at Belhaven University, Jackson, MI

Mary Ann Block, DO

T. Bobrowicz, PhD

Kenneth Bock, MD

Marie-Françoise Boissea, PhD

Subbarao Bondada, PhD

Jeff Bradstreet, MD

Pierre Brugierese, PhD

Julie Buckley, MD

Thomas Burbacher, MD

Fabrice Bureau, PhD

Rashid Buttar, DO, FAAPM, FACAM, FAAIM

Stephanie F. Cave, MS, MD, FAAFP

E. Cernichiari, PhD

Pierre Cesaroa, PhD

Lakshman Chelvarajan

T. Chen, PhD

Xavier Chevalierf, PhD

Shiv Chopra, MSc, PhD

Stephanie Christner, DO

T. Clarkson, PhD

John Barthelow Classen, MD

Cevayir Coban, PhD

Maryline Couettea

Andy Cutler, PhD (research chemist)

Jeffrey Dach, MD

Josep Dalmau, MD, PhD

Vicky DeBold, PhD, RN

Jamie Deckoff-Jones, MD

Christophe J Desmet, PhD

Mary Catherine DeSoto, PhD

Richard Deth, PhD

J.G. Dórea, PhD

Peter Doshi, PhD Johns Hopkins School of Medicine

M. Duszczyk, PhD

Steven Edelson, MD, Director of the Autism Research Institute in San Diego

(The late) Mayer Eisenstein, MD

(The late) Frank Engley Jr. PhD

Håkan Eriksson, PhD

Christopher Exley, PhD

Carl Feinstein, MD

Peter Fletcher, PhD, former Chief Scientific Officer, at the UK Department of Health

Lisa Freund, PhD

Paula A. Garay, PhD

Robert F. Garry, PhD

Thomas V. Getchell, PhD

Romain K. Gherardi, Professor, head of the department of Histology, Henri Mondor hospital, Paris, Neuropathologic and Clinical activities at the Neuromuscular Disease Reference Center, and is coordinator of the Department of Neurosciences INSERM

Beatrice Golomb, PhD, MD

Jay Gordon, MD

K.S. Grant, PhD

John Green, MD

Boyd Haley, PhD

Richard Halvorsen, MD

Diane Harper, MD, MPH, MS

(The late) Bernadine Healy, MD

Martha Herbert, MD, PhD, Professor of neurology at Harvard Medical

Laura Hewitson, PhD

Robert T. Hitlan, PhD

Amy Holmes, MD

Brian Hooker, PhD

Mady Hornig, PhD

Suzanne Humphries, MD

Mark Hyman, MD

Philip Incao, MD

Ken J Ishii, PhD

Emmanuel Ittie, PhD

Dr. Jill James, PhD

Bryan Jepson, MD

Archie Kalokerinos, MD

Jerry Kartzinel, MD

Matthew S. Kayser, MD

Marcel Kinsbourne, PhD

Kouji Kobiyama, PhD

Sheldon B. Korones, MD

Arthur Krigsman, MD

Pierre Lekeux, PhD

A. Lerner, PhD

N. Liberato, PhD

S.X. Lin, PhD

Andrew D. Livingston, PhD

Yushu Liu, PhD

Brian J. Lopresti, PhD

Kurt M. Lucin, PhD

Patrick Maisona, PhD

M. D. Majewska, PhD

Jennifer Margulia, PhD

Thomas Marichal, PhD

N. Scott Mason, PhD

A. Kimberley McAllister, PhD

Jaquelyn McCandless, MD

Susan McCreadie, MD

(The late) Dr. Robert Mendelsohn, MD

(The late) John Menkes, MD, Former head of pediatric neurology at UCLA Medical School. Menkes was also director of pediatric neurology at the Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles. In addition, he was a member of the Forum for Vaccine Safety with the National Institute of Medicine.

Joseph Mercola, DO

Claire Mesnil, PhD

K. Meyza, PhD

S. Midha, PhD

P. Mierzejewski, PhD

Donald W. Miller, Jr. MD

Richard Moskowitz, MD

Elizabeth Mumper, MD, Associate professor of clinical pediatrics at the University of Virginia

Devi S. Nambudripod, MD

Meryl Nass, MD

C. Nelson, PhD

E. Newell, PhD

Raymond Obomsawin, MSc, PhD

Tetyana Obukhanych, PhD

Keiichi Ohata, PhD

M. Olczak, PhD

Dr. Mehmet Oz

Larry Palevsky, MD

Elodie Passeria, PhD

Michael S. Petrik, PhD

Jon Poling, MD

Diana Popa, PhD

Massroor Pourcyrous, MD

Sandy Reider, MD

(The late) Bernard Rimland, MD

Aviva Jill Romm, MD

Robert Rowen, MD

Catherine Sabatel, PhD

E. M. Sajdel-Sulkowska, PhD

Bob Sears, MD

Martyn A. Sharpe, PhD

Chris Shaw, Professor, PhD

DD Shen, PhD

K. Vijendra Singh, PhD

Yehuda Shoenfeld, MD, FRCP

Peter Siesjö, PhD

Ken Stoller, MD

Carol Stott, PhD

Arnold J. Stromberg, PhD

Z. L. Sulkowski, PhD

Louise Swarbrick, PhD

Rena C. Tabata, PhD

Sherri Tenpenny, DO

Paul Thomas, MD

Jaime Tomko, PhD

Lucija Tomljenovic, PhD

Anju Usman, MD

Eva Vanamee, PhD

Chiara Villac, PhD

Andrew Wakefield,

John Walker-Smith, Professor

Judy Wilyman, PhD candidate

Margaret C. Wong, PhD

Tony Wyss-Coray, PhD

V.C. Yang, PhD

Amy Yasko, MD

Edward Yazbak, MD

Judy Van de Water, PhD, Immunology, UC Davis

Chiara Villac, PhD

Walter Zahorodny, PhD, Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey

A. M. Zavacki, PhD

Source: http://www.greatergoodmovie.org/news...bout-vaccines/

Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.

In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Article from AAPS

American Children Need Access to Better Vaccines

Feb 9, 2015

As measles spreads, pressures are increasing to force reluctant parents to fully vaccinate their children. Gov. Christie is severely criticized for suggesting that there should be a choice, states the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons (AAPS).

AAPS is opposed to mandatory vaccination, holding that patients have the right to refuse medical treatment, and that vaccines, like all medical interventions, have risks as well as benefits, which vary with individuals and circumstances.

“We should ask why some parents reject MMR (measles-mumps-rubella vaccine),” states AAPS executive director Jane M. Orient, M.D.

One reason is moral. Merck’s MMR vaccine is manufactured using material from aborted babies, she notes.

The other is worry about autism. Though most children tolerate the vaccine well, there are hundreds of reports of children who stopped making eye contact and lost language skills soon after receiving MMR. “Science does not ignore observations,” Orient says.

Autism used to be diagnosed in 1 in 10,000 children. Now it is more like 1 in 85. “This demands an explanation; it can’t just be that we failed to notice this devastating condition in the past,” she states.

“Many factors may well contribute, but it is not unreasonable to suspect that MMR is one of them. Measles itself can cause encephalitis (brain inflammation)—its most dreaded complication. MMR is a live-virus vaccine. And the combination could be riskier than the separate elements.”
    More here: http://www.aapsonline.org/index.php/...tter_vaccines/

The Association of American Physicians and Surgeons (AAPS) is a national organization representing physicians in all specialties, founded in 1943 to preserve private medicine and the patient-physician relationship

Is there any graph out there for permanent injury from measles virus pre and post widespread use of vaccines. The OP graph is not really that helpful if there happens to be millions of children permanently injured by the disease but are still alive.

Btw, the problem with using stats from some third world countries is that there still quite a sizable population of children who are malnourished, lack clean water that will die from just about from anything and any improvement in their lives like vaccines, clean water, balanced diet, shelter will increase survival rates of everything.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    In 2000, 548,000 people died from the measles world- wide. In 2011, it was 145,000. http://www.who.int/features/2013/india_measles/en/

Did they suddenly install more plumbing and institute more hand washing around the world? Did the global food supply suddenly improve? Those factors can help but do not say that vaccines do no good. Actually it was an immunization campaign which reduced the numbers that quickly.

India went from being the #1 country for polio to no cases within just a few years. More sanitation for their billions of citizens? No- vaccine program- 172 million kids a year. One can certainly not make the case that vaccines do not help.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 04-24-2015 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post

What? Did I hear that correctly? Showing a certain graph is classified as lying???

Oh, man, this is rich!
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    In 2000, 548,000 people died from the measles world- wide. In 2011, it was 145,000. http://www.who.int/features/2013/india_measles/en/

Did they suddenly install more plumbing and institute more hand washing around the world? Did the global food supply suddenly improve? Those factors can help but do not say that vaccines do no good. Actually it was an immunization campaign which reduced the numbers that quickly.

India went from being the #1 country for polio to no cases within just a few years. More sanitation for their billions of citizens? No- vaccine program- 172 million kids a year. One can certainly not make the case that vaccines do not help.
    So convenient to use polio in your examples seeing as polio is one of those diseases that an increase in sanitation increases the rates of it. Most of human kind, children actually accidentally inoculated against the virus by parents accidentally (fecal-oral route) giving their children the virus before the age of 2. Most people don't know this but get infected with the polio virus before the age of 2 and you get a lifetime immunity and no disability but after that you get immunity and high possibly the disability.

Given their overall low sanitation rates, India should have had a low infection rate then instead of the highest in the world.

Ron Paul called the Polio vaccine "a blessing"- having known childhood friends effected by it (some even died). Today- few people know anybody who has been effected by it due to the success of vaccines. That makes it easier to say "we don't need then" when you don't get to see what not having them meant.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast