Thread: Why do the debates begin so late?

Why do the debates begin so late?

If I recall, Ron Paul was debating as far back as May 2007, right?

Why is the first primary debate in August?

http://www.uspresidentialelectionnew...bate-schedule/

August 15, 2015 Republican Primary Debate
    Aired On: Fox News Channel
    Sponsors: Fox News
    Candidates: To be determined

September 16, 2015 Reagan Library Republican Debate
    Aired On: CNN and Salem Radio
    Sponsors: Reagan Library Foundation, CNN, Salem Media Group (Press Release)
    Moderators: Hugh Hewitt, Jake Tapper

October, 2015 Republican Primary Debate
    Aired On: CNBC
    Sponsors: CNBC (Press Release)

November, 2015 Republican Primary Debate
    Aired On: Fox Business Network
    Sponsors: Fox Business Network

December, 2015 Republican Primary Debate
    Aired On: CNN
    Sponsors: CNN, Salem Media Group

January, 2016 Republican Primary Debate

February, 2016 Republican Primary Debate
    Aired On: ABC
    Sponsors: ABC

Aired On: CBS
    Sponsors: CBS

Aired On: NBC / Telemundo
    Sponsors: NBC/Telemundo

March, 2016 Republican Primary Debate

March, 2016 Republican Primary Debate
    Aired On: CNN
    Sponsors: CNN, Salem Media Group
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

RNC wants a condensed primary season.

So we can be spared more redundant debates and save the money for more expensive TV ads? <gag!>

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    If I recall, Ron Paul was debating as far back as May 2007, right?
    California Republican debate
    May 3, 2007

Republican Debate, South Carolina
    May 15, 2007

imo, its to keep anyone with a grassroots support base from getting to much traction. with only 1 debate a month, that allows the media to really bash guys like rand, then at the same time, push guys like santorum.

remember it only took about 5 days to kill rons huge momentum in dec of 2011 with the media saying that santorum "was surging". if they can kill that kind of momentum in 5 days, just imagine what can happen in a month. thats my thoughts.

I'm gonna SWAG edge-of-your-seat drama for people who believe the theatre that plays out in politics is real
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

No summer audience for ad dollars?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by satchelmcqueen View Post
    imo, its to keep anyone with a grassroots support base from getting to much traction. with only 1 debate a month, that allows the media to really bash guys like rand, then at the same time, push guys like santorum.

remember it only took about 5 days to kill rons huge momentum in dec of 2011 with the media saying that santorum "was surging". if they can kill that kind of momentum in 5 days, just imagine what can happen in a month. thats my thoughts.
    Sad but true.

Let's not forget the history, either. The way they knee-capped Ron in Iowa was the combination of pushing Santorum while simultaneously obsessively covering the newsletters scandal -- a decades-old scandal that the media "conveniently" chose to focus on right as Iowa was getting underway.

I've said this before and I'll repeat: we -- whether "we" is the official campaign, or the grassroots -- need to figure out how to fight back against the media, or we will be toast come primary season. We invented the moneybomb to solve the financial blackout of Ron's campaigns. We saw how the media took a wrecking ball to Ron's 2008 campaign, and we failed to stop them from repeating that in 2012. Now is the time to figure something really, really clever out so we're not at their mercy in 2016 and can finally arrive at a President Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I'm still angry over the blow the grassroots took last election cycle due to Romney and his power grab.

Quote Originally Posted by economics102 View Post
    Sad but true.

Let's not forget the history, either. The way they knee-capped Ron in Iowa was the combination of pushing Santorum while simultaneously obsessively covering the newsletters scandal -- a decades-old scandal that the media "conveniently" chose to focus on right as Iowa was getting underway.

I've said this before and I'll repeat: we -- whether "we" is the official campaign, or the grassroots -- need to figure out how to fight back against the media, or we will be toast come primary season. We invented the moneybomb to solve the financial blackout of Ron's campaigns. We saw how the media took a wrecking ball to Ron's 2008 campaign, and we failed to stop them from repeating that in 2012. Now is the time to figure something really, really clever out so we're not at their mercy in 2016 and can finally arrive at a President Paul.
    heres one thought that someone mentioned ron should have done in the last 2 elections. immediately after each debate, rand could take the questions he either wasnt allowed to answer, or was shorted on time, and direct people to his website on youtube where he will cover those missed spots. or elaborate more on the ones h needed more time to explain. maybe we could help spread these videos he would do on social media and be his very own news outlet so to speak.

just a thought.
    Last edited by satchelmcqueen; 04-24-2015 at 09:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by A. Havnes View Post
    I'm still angry over the blow the grassroots took last election cycle due to Romney and his power grab.
    me too! but the article seems to have been done my an idiot. i dont understand how "less debate" is a good thing. wth is wrong with people?

heres one thought that someone mentioned ron should have done in the last 2 elections. immediately after each debate, rand could take the questions he either wasnt allowed to answer, or was shorted on time, and direct people to his website on youtube where he will cover those missed spots. or elaborate more on the ones h needed more time to explain. maybe we could help spread these videos he would do on social media and be his very own news outlet so to speak.

just a thought.
    I like this idea.

just a thought.
    I think that this is a great idea, but Rand would need to be very careful to not come off as being pouty or butthurt. (Vibes like that would be perceived as "unpresidential" to many potential voters). Rand would need to sell the expanded answers as an effort to make sure everyone knew his full, complete position on every question covered in the debate, even regarding things he wasn't questioned on and only others expressed views on. That is, a rigorous effort to give every voter as complete a picture as possible.
    Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

As I recall, at the time, Reince Priebus said fewer debates would mean less ammunition, and time, for the biased media to bash Republicans. …but we all knew it was to create another disadvantage for candidates with the heaviest grass roots support ( in other words, protect establishment candidates from better informed voters)

Quote Originally Posted by economics102 View Post
    Sad but true.
    And who can forget the weekend of media RAGE, (from all day Friday, to Monday!) when Jon Huntsman's daughter put up a ridiculous, derogatory video about her father, and hoaxed it up to appear as if it came from Ron Paul's people - while the media played along - IMMEDIATELY BEFORE THE NEW HAMPSHIRE PRIMARY!
    Most coverage Huntsman received during his entire campaign!

"Racist" anti-Huntsman video, which in truth, was created by his own people.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZeVqj-t1U0 update -What?! 'tvrainru' has blocked it?!
    Huntsman responds to hurtful video he made about himself
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxvovjFWAHM
    Huntsman says nevermind, let's discuss issues!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kH-WDmyops
    Statement from Huntsman spokesman Tim Miller:
    "Their latest conspiracy theory is nothing more than an attempt to cover for one of their racist supporters... "
    Reworded Huntsman ad
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftukn5XBZY0

An afternoon nap may allow you to stay up later.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And who can forget the weekend of media RAGE, (from all day Friday, to Monday!) when Jon Huntsman's daughter put up a ridiculous, derogatory video about her father, and hoaxed it up to appear as if it came from Ron Paul's people - while the media played along - IMMEDIATELY BEFORE THE NEW HAMPSHIRE PRIMARY!
    Most coverage Huntsman received during his entire campaign!
    Ugh, I forgot all about that!

Yeah, we need to find a way to hit back when the media does crap like this. Remember, we're talking about "low information voters" who are mostly older and still get their news from TV. We need to find the media's achilles heel...

This is bull$#@!, how are we supposed to be informed voters if the debates start so late
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by bxm042 View Post
    This is bull$#@!, how are we supposed to be informed voters if the debates start so late
    You're not supposed to be able to inform anybody of anything, that's the whole point. Just as the media is largely set up to keep people stupid. When you look at how small the number of people who have a significant sway in mainstream media and in the upper echelons of the 2 political parties, it is meant to prevent anything legitimate from getting legs.

I still think that Rand can actually pull this out, mostly because he is far better at playing to the theatrical nature of our society. I don't subscribe to the idea that the entire process is controlled in as total and complete of a fashion as the Alex Jones crowd, in large part because that much control wouldn't fly. Granted, Rand winning the presidency alone wouldn't accomplish much, but it would be a much needed boost to the overall effort.

Couldn't you just record them and then watch them at some other time?